McMinn Central

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh who else is ready for week 0. I know i'm pumped up and i don't even play. These kids are workin hard and have week 0 marked on thier calendar. When that popcorn gets to poppin and those helments a hittin it's the best time of year. Game one means more to these kids than polk co. Mcminn is the battle for the county and I know it's gonna be a great game. As far as polk county goes they need to find a thread of a team that they actually beat in a sport. They try to talk trash about the past. When that don't mean a thing. CSOCCER just be happy ya'll don't play soccer. I'm sure it gets old losing to same team in every sport. Yes, incase you couldn't figure it out I was refering to Central. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Who all are going to be at the skilled positions this year ? i know josh moss as one. bt who else ? i heard a rumor that godfrey the kicker might be playing both kicker and a skilled position. Is there any truth in this ?

havent heard that rumor superman but it could be a good possibility he could play at a skilled position. im like you havent seen exactly who are all at the skilled postions for them

Game 1 - we'll see who plays what. I do know Godfrey has attended the passing sessions and caught a few touchdowns. Last year he was the 2nd fastest runner on the team. We'll wait and see.

why so quiet about MC football? this time last year the boards were burning up! practice is up and running.... so lets get the boards up and running! chargers got a chance against mcminn county in the opener? defense still gonna be the strength of the team? rayl gonna throw for a thousand yards? how many sacks for stiles? how many tackles for ragland?

I'm a polk fan and ex player and just want to say good luck to you guys this year i'm looking forward to playing you guys. I do think central is going to be good just like last year they have alot of returning players and i think they will want ot prove to everyone that they are a team to be messed with. I love the rivalry between polk and central and yes they got us the last 2 years they just out played us and wanted it more and i respect that. in the new district its going to be between polk and central. good luck to both teams

Why so quiet? Cause everybody knows central won't be as good this year as they were last year. They lost several great coaches and replaced them with a non-experienced guy. And then he brought in his family members to help coach the team? Wow, can't wait to watch this season :D

Are you serious? PLEASE tell me your joking. There is NO WAY you can honestley believe what you just posted. :D

Why so quiet? Cause everybody knows central won't be as good this year as they were last year. They lost several great coaches and replaced them with a non-experienced guy. And then he brought in his family members to help coach the team? Wow, can't wait to watch this season :roflolk:

it isn't that central won't be as good this year....its just that the schedule is that much tougher...non-experienced? the head coach is a GOODIN! his middle name is football!

Why so quiet? Cause everybody knows central won't be as good this year as they were last year. They lost several great coaches and replaced them with a non-experienced guy. And then he brought in his family members to help coach the team? Wow, can't wait to watch this season :lol:

We've got the Goodin brothers helping,, Would be nice to get Shannon in there too. She was just as tough as the Goodin boys.

Proud to have this family representing Central.

Why so quiet? Cause everybody knows central won't be as good this year as they were last year. They lost several great coaches and replaced them with a non-experienced guy. And then he brought in his family members to help coach the team? Wow, can't wait to watch this season :roflolk:

First of all, "won't be as good as last year"? last year, they were one and done in the playoffs... didn't play any teams like they will this year... Alcoa, McMinn, Cleveland, and so on... This can ONLY make them better.

Second, "they lost several great coaches." They lost the head coach, to go to Ga. to be a Off. Coord., and the Def. Coord., who quit. great means you have won more than you lost or many more than you lost. The HC record was 21-11, that's 66%, I agree, this is good, but -They ran Fulmer out of UT with a 75% win record.

*Playoff record was 0-3... is that defined as great?

Finally, "non-experienced guy." This new coach has played or coached football for around 20 years, including D1. He has coached for a team that has won playoff games and beaten state championship caliber teams. He has also coached at the school that Central hasn't beaten in nearly 25 years. A larger school with tougher competition.

Also, "brought in family." Yeah, that's what you don't want on your staff, someone you can trust... Just because you can't stand your family doesn't mean everybody can't.

If you don't like him, please don't come to the games. and don't show up when Central is playing past the first round of the playoffs, either. If you do come, bring your plate, I'll bring the CROW.