Is anyone investigating Williamson County volleyball

pagefan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not very clear on the rules, but is there a limit that public schools can pay coaches? I mean there is teacher salary and coaching but how much can all this be? And some private schools are RIDICULOUS about how much they are paying for these people.

Yes, there is a limit to what public schools pay coaches? With your question, it means the cost migh be higher with 2500 students as poopsed to a school with 200-300 students. There are some things driving up costs that are not seen. First, entrance fees at someTournaments have gotten too high. It is a program fund raiser that helps finance what a school can do. They then spiral the costs of programs requiring other programs to raise their entrance fees to pay for their programs. It seems the pay for teacher/coaches(supplement) are reasonable but the fact that there are not as many VB Coaches/Certified Teachers available right now throws the burden on nonfaculty Coaches. Non faculty coaches may cost more than generally the faculty coaches, a supply and demand situation For a reasonable sized school for the Division played with Varsity, Junior varsity, and players totaling about 22 players, two or three coaches willu be needed and keep stats. If indeed reports are correct, someone has made the decision that all District matches should have 2 officials instead of one and this is an additional $2000 per season just in officials cost and maybe more depending on how the officials are designated. Travel costs are higher but reclassification has helped reduce it. TSSAA lawsuits have generally, I would think caused ticket prices to go up. Anyone ready for another one of those. We can get the ticket prices up to $20 if we try.

Asst coaches are paid for by Booster Clubs generally and while this is not in Williamson, it is not generally a high cost. This is for an average 4 month season. Rumors of pay in some private schools have been said to be mcuh higher per person. If they elect to do that, it is their choice. IMO, some schools are trying to pay for their programs with too high Tournament entrance fees. These fees are not only going to reduce tournament play but cut down money available for other things. Schools needing other money should have other type fundraisers for their booster clubs.

Your comment concerning coaches pay leads me to believe thats a problem with costs? I would say boosters expend a Lot of free labor and as coaches see the effort expended, the cost is not high. If a booster club does not have some great volunteers to help,i the cost of operation can be high. Schools should not pay for the program cost of a few other schools. In some cases it may be and is at the disgression of the Booster Club the expenses of the program.. Most booster clubs vote on a budget and have to agree on everything. With the exceptions, an observation is VB is run pretty economically with the schools I know of. For sure, there are a dedicated group of coaches involved.