16U D1 Nationals

Congratulations to Memphis Elite for repeating as National Champs and the TN Wings for a Great 8 finish. We (TN Lady Dawgz) ran in to buzz saws in pool play with Orlando Comets and Maryland Flames (3rd and 9th respectively) and were sent to the classic bracket. We finished 2nd to the Kansas City Shock. The Shock made a free throw with 5 seconds to beat us by one. Sometimes talent can't overcome poor coaching! haha

Wish we could have had more teams there, we (Tennessee) play good basketball here. Our Tennessee teams receive alot of positive comments about our style of play.

We had a good trip. Played in the Southern Premier Showcase in Atlanta July 6-8 and broke the rust loose. Then went 4-1 at the Junior Showcase Silver Division July 10-12, before D1 Nationals. Wound up playing 17 games in that span of events.

Congrats to Memphis and the Lady Dawgz on a great tournament. Now that's over..........

AAU will have to change alot of things before I ever give them another dime of my money. They completely butchered the Silver Showcase deal and the best Mr. CIM could say was "they just didn't think there would be any conflicts". In other words, they are complete idiots. Eddie and company have no idea what the crap is going on. When I started going to 16u nationals, it was well organized and well run, but not anymore. They need new leadership down there in the worst way, as i have said before, they have lost touch with the folks that have supported them all these years.

Hopefullly someone that went to Salem or Little Rock will say that those were well run tournaments and help restore my faith.

"'Hello Curly.........."

Congrats to Memphis and the Lady Dawgz on a great tournament. Now that's over..........

AAU will have to change alot of things before I ever give them another dime of my money. They completely butchered the Silver Showcase deal and the best Mr. CIM could say was "they just didn't think there would be any conflicts". In other words, they are complete idiots. Eddie and company have no idea what the crap is going on. When I started going to 16u nationals, it was well organized and well run, but not anymore. They need new leadership down there in the worst way, as i have said before, they have lost touch with the folks that have supported them all these years.

Hopefullly someone that went to Salem or Little Rock will say that those were well run tournaments and help restore my faith.

"'Hello Curly.........."

You would have thought that they would have started the Gold and Silver Showcases on the same day, but for some strange reason they did not. It wasn't because of lack of gym floors, because from looking at the schedules, it doesn't appear that the Jostens center (six courts) was used very much for either showcase. If they had started the Silver Showcase on the same day as the Gold, there would not have been any conflicts with 16U AAU Nationals.

You know ptguard the thing is I called them a week before the tournament and told them about the potential for conflicts. There were over 10 teams that were in the silver showcase and the national tournament and so it wasn't just us. The bottom line is that they cater to the "gold" division because those are "shoe teams" and could care less about everyone else. Now I'm done........I'll let the next group of folks worry about this. B)

You know ptguard the thing is I called them a week before the tournament and told them about the potential for conflicts. There were over 10 teams that were in the silver showcase and the national tournament and so it wasn't just us. The bottom line is that they cater to the "gold" division because those are "shoe teams" and could care less about everyone else. Now I'm done........I'll let the next group of folks worry about this. :evil:

They have got to $ell those $hoes! They don't care if they $ell out girl$ ba$ketball nation wide.

Comming soon: A $hoe $ale$man at every gym door at the high$chool and middle$chool level.

They may be already there! They offer ca$h! :roflolk: