HERITAGE FOOTBALL 09

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are headed in the right direction. They have some good athletes on both sides of the ball, they will be in great shape, and the coaching staff is putting in a lot of time with these kids. 7 on 7 practices have gone real well, workouts have been very good, and the attitude of the kids is awsome..... My opinon, things are looking up.... GO MOUNTAINEERS.... :D

Will this be the year that they start to get better?

I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me. New coach, new offense, and alot of excitement around the program. The Dailey Times article about the tranfer QB's performance seemed promising. Can anyone explain to me how he transfered and can play. There was a player from Alcoa came to WB last year and could not. Please don't refer me to the TSSAA rule book as I am confused enough already.. :hungry:

I hope all the area teams have a good year. The new playoff system, new regions, and new area coaches or coaching changes should make for an interesting year.

Scoot,

I know your out there. I'm sure you have some insight to program. I would like to hear what you've got to say..

Good luck to all... Hope every team stays healthy...

tpoole12

Things are headed in the right direction. They have some good athletes on both sides of the ball, they will be in great shape, and the coaching staff is putting in a lot of time with these kids. 7 on 7 practices have gone real well, workouts have been very good, and the attitude of the kids is awsome..... My opinon, things are looking up.... GO MOUNTAINEERS.... :hungry:

Dang Scoot

You and I was posting at the same time and you must be able to type quicker than me. Of coarse the older I get the more I find that I can't do anything as well as I used to. Getting old aint for sissies.. :thumb:

tpoole12

Will this be the year that they start to get better?

I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me. New coach, new offense, and alot of excitement around the program. The Dailey Times article about the tranfer QB's performance seemed promising. Can anyone explain to me how he transfered and can play. There was a player from Alcoa came to WB last year and could not. Please don't refer me to the TSSAA rule book as I am confused enough already.. :hungry:

I hope all the area teams have a good year. The new playoff system, new regions, and new area coaches or coaching changes should make for an interesting year.

Scoot,

I know your out there. I'm sure you have some insight to program. I would like to hear what you've got to say..

Good luck to all... Hope every team stays healthy...

tpoole12

My understanding of the transfer situation is that the player lived in county while he played for heritage as freshman and while he played for Alcoa as sophomore. He was ineligible to play during the season for Alcoa because he played for heritage the previous year but he was eligible to play in the playoffs, because as we all know heritage is incapable of participating in the playoffs. Now from what I have been told there is an exception to the transfer rule that a player can return to his original school without penalty of suspended play because he is still zoned to attend heritage and that was the school he transferred from. As for the original question with Hartley being the potential starter for heritage I would not look upon that with promise. He left Alcoa being at best the 4th quarterback on their roster and could have very likely ended up at 5th or 6th. More than likely the starter at heritage will be at best the 7th best quarterback in the county and that does not bode well for even a moderately successful season.

As for the explanation on the transfer, I believe you are correct, but you opinion on Hartly is way off base. He might not be one of the best QB's in the county but he is a good athlete! He is learning the new system very well and has a pretty good arm. He will be a big help to the Mountaineers this year and next.

Thanks for the insight but my wife said that she is the smartest person alive. I'm pretty sure she isn't but she very well may be the loudest and she can fuss longer without taking a breath than anyone! :)

tpoole12

Sounds to me you might be married to my wife as well, tpoole12.. :angry::angry:

How are things over your way? I read the article in the paper today and the new coach didn't sound to pleased? Have you seen the T-shirts at Wal Mart has out already? "Back Yard Brawl" Heritage -vs- William Blount. It has two helmets crashing together, there pretty cool. :angry:

Thanks for the insight but my wife said that she is the smartest person alive. I'm pretty sure she isn't but she very well may be the loudest and she can fuss longer without taking a breath than anyone! :)

tpoole12

Sounds to me you might be married to my wife as well, tpoole12.. :):lol:

How are things over your way? I read the article in the paper today and the new coach didn't sound to pleased? Have you seen the T-shirts at Wal Mart has out already? "Back Yard Brawl" Heritage -vs- William Blount. It has two helmets crashing together, there pretty cool. :thumb:

Hey Scoot

Haven't saw them yet. I try to avoid the "Mega-Lo- Mart" all I can. Mrs. tpoole spends enough there for both of us. Shouldn't complain to much I guess. tpoole jr works at the Alcoa store so I guess we are helping with his paycheck.... :) I'll ask him if he's saw them. Hope you are well, Tell that mean little woman you work with I said hey....

Have you all got any scrimmages lined up???

tpoole12

We have a couple. This Friday we have Sequoia at Heritage and then next Friday 7/7/09 we go to Jefferson Co. We have done a lot of 7 on 7 work the past few weeks with a varity of teams. Im looking forward to some real action, the 7 on 7 gets old fast.

The lil old lady said hello and hoped you were doing well.

GO MOUNTAINEERS :thumb:

As for the explanation on the transfer, I believe you are correct, but you opinion on Hartly is way off base. He might not be one of the best QB's in the county but he is a good athlete! He is learning the new system very well and has a pretty good arm. He will be a big help to the Mountaineers this year and next.

No my evaluation of Hartley is absolutely correct and I stand by my statement that he is at best, the 7th most deft quarterback in the county. There is not an argument that Alcoa has three Quarterbacks that are better than him; that is the reason he transferred. No one will argue that Juhlin at Maryville is better him, and Patton Robinette proved he was superior to Hartley while at hMS. You may be able to field an argument (an incorrect one) for him being more adroit than whoever starts for william blount but it is more likely he will be on about the same level as the backup for william blount. Now I will agree he is better than what you had on roster and anything you have had in recent years but he will not be the savior of heritage football. As for the rest of heritage football I have heard some very positive things about Coach Russell especially related to his character, but I would have serious concerns with the implementation of his spread scheme if I were a supporter of the mountaineers. Considering the lack skill position players hertitage always has, an offense designed to get the ball to many different people in space is the last offense I would run. I have also been told that the one good player heritage has, Michael Cermack, will not play offense. This could be the most arrogant move a coach has ever made, does he really believe that he run a successful offense with his only skilled player on the bench? The only logical offensive scheme heritage could run is one entirely focused on power running where they control the clock and Cermack has about 30 carries. Now under such a system heritage is not likely to win many games but they would lose by margins far less significant than what would be incurred by running a spread. Regardless of who would be placed behind center for heritage he would throw double digit interceptions in a spread system that lacks skill position players.

I know Cermak is a very good athlete but he is not the only one that will be on the field for Heritage. You are right about needing more than a quarterback the one they had a couple of years ago set new passing yardage records for the school and they still struggled. Its time for the kids that are there now to step up and take their shot. There have been good teams at Heritage in the past and there will be again.