District 14AA

gamespitter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolivar, McNairy Central and Liberty and Lexington will all have good teams. I believe Bolivar and McNairy will battle it out for the top spot.

The region is alot tougher this year having to go through Gibson Co, Westview and Obion so you will have to win the district tournament in order to get the best possible 1st round matchup in the region

LOL, played GC's JV or GC's varsity tough? I saw GC play some this summer when the starters were supposed to be playing and it was the Freshman and JV. If all McNairy will do is give Bolivar a fit, then they don't stand a chance against GC or Westview. Keep in mind that Westview returns every player from last year and made it to the Final 4. Keep in mind that GC returns 90-95% of their scoring back from last year. Keep in mind that Gibson Co. played Bolivar in the first round of the state tournaments last year and beat them by 26. GC didn't even have the best of games in that game. Also, you can't leave out Obion Central. They have a Texas signee in Fussell and solid role players around her. Whoever loses the 14AA championship will be one and done in the region tournaments.

Does anyone know exactly where the Region tournaments will be held at this year? I heard Gibson Co. had it again, but I'm not 100% sure on that.....

It's early but my preseason regional bracket looks like this:

1. Gibson County vs. 4. Lexington

2. Westview vs. 3. Liberty

1. Bolivar vs. 4. Haywood

2. McNairy vs. 3. Obion

You can easily pick Milan over Haywood in 13AA w/o an argument. You can argue any other teams in district 14AA at 3/4. I think Bolivar and McNairy are the only sure bets in 14AA. JCM hired a new coach who was pretty successful in Mississippi, lots of work to do there but they should improve in 14AA.

I'm confused. You say you can pick Milan easily over Haywood, but yet you have Haywood playing in the region tournaments...

Actually what I meant, it would be like a coin toss...I think Milan could be the 4 seed, but my gut feeling is that Haywood would be there. The two teams I feel have an equal chance if that makes a ny sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Bolivar should run through this district. The region will be a bigger test. Hopefully Coach Rudi has the girls scrimmaging our boys help them prepare for that GC press. considering what we have back i wouldnt be surprised if we made it back to state District 13 or no district 13

Bolivar will not run through this district. McNairy always plays them tough and has a great group of guards that are quick and can handle the ball, Lexington will be a force with their big girls and Liberty will be good and Southside has several players returning. I believe that our district will play very well against 13AA.

Coach says district and region tournament will be in Lexington

dont underestimate Haywood. They have a lot of talent a few couple of sophomores that will be future d1 players. only problem is whether or not they can leave all the drama outside the gym, come together and work hard. They could easily be the second best team in the district behind GC talent wise. All the other intangibles is where they will be exposed.... but like i said... have POTENTIAL!