franklin county what are they like

salecreek

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icame out in 93 and played ball under roberts at fchs and have seen a lot of coaches over the years. You are right Mantooth has been the best to come through there. But watching them play for the last 3 yrs, the players may do their own thing but when I played or coaches made sure we were ready to play. Physically and mentally.I think they need a young coach that can relate and until that happens I don't know if that program will turn around. I hope I'm wrong because over the last few years iv seen a lot of my family go through that program and what a waste.we got out coached at smith county, tull, lin county last few years. If I was a coach and my best players were not giving me their all, they would be watching the game and not playing.like Tracy Hayworth said when they are ready to win call him.that's the kind of coach they need in my opinion. Young, can motovate and has been to the top.that's just my take.

I like tracy but I know for a fact he can't coach HS until he gets a degree and is certified. They had that debate last time he applied. This coach has 2 coach of the year awards from other states. He has a large staff who does most of the coaching. I will have to disagree with you on your assumptions about the staff. I have two buddies who coach at FC and this years team is more disciplined and ready to play. This seems to have been a issue over the past few seasons. Let's just hope this years team will be better.

If Hayworth wants to coach he needs to go back to school like I am doing and finish his degree.

Funny thing about coaching, sometimes you have a great gameplan and a good week of practice and still lose. That's why we play the game.

Greg Brewer is a well respected coach. Atkins, Jim Carr, and co are good coaches. if it can be done they will get it done.

Talent often makes coaches look good. Martin will make the FC coaches look great.

I saw Franklin Co. @ the MTSU 7 on 7 tourney and they looked pretty darn good! If they have a decent line, they wiil be hard to defend! Got to meet Coach Atkins and he seemed to me like a very focused, energetic and fine man! We will play ya'll there again this year and are looking forward to the challenge. Good luck this year except against the Pioneers!