New Powell Stadium

osunut2

HTV is right, the hedges are history. The stadium is really coming together! As of last night, the stadium is nearly complete. Construction crews appear to be adding the new fence around the track this week, in addition to finishing up the band seating in both end zones. There is still a lot of cosmetic work to be done, from what I can tell. I'll probably stop by again next week to take a look at the progress.

HTV, do you know what the purpose of the new concrete pad next to the concession stand is?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV, do you know what the purpose of the new concrete pad next to the concession stand is?

I haven't noticed exactly what you are talking about. I'll take a look when I am by there, most likely tomorrow.

They poured a concrete pad next to the concession stand (where the old caboose used to be), but I can't figure out what it's purpose is. At first glance, I wondered if they are planning on constructing something on the pad, but I'm not sure what. They poured a similar concrete pad at the far end of the home seating, but that may be permanent asphalt repair.

I haven't noticed exactly what you are talking about. I'll take a look when I am by there, most likely tomorrow.

They poured a concrete pad next to the concession stand (where the old caboose used to be), but I can't figure out what it's purpose is. At first glance, I wondered if they are planning on constructing something on the pad, but I'm not sure what. They poured a similar concrete pad at the far end of the home seating, but that may be permanent asphalt repair.

I was by there today. That pad is the walkway/standing area for people going from the gate/concessions/restroom area to the visiting stands. With the fence being constructed around the outside of the track, people will have to walk around that way to get to the visiting side.

The concrete pad on the end of the west end of home stands the locker room end) is for patrons to enter the stadium from that gate/entrance.

I was by there today. That pad is the walkway/standing area for people going from the gate/concessions/bathroom area to the visiting stands. With the fence being constructed around the outside of the track, that people will have to walk around that way to get to the visiting side.

The concrete pad on the end of the west end of home stands the locker room end) is for patrons to enter the stadium from that gate/entrance.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm excited to see the finished product in a couple of weeks!