District 4 AAA

LCityplayer

I did not see William Blount play this spring. Also, I have tremendous respect for their coach. I just base may opinion on what I saw last year. They are not going to be very big, and that will hurt them in the district. Coach Baumann always gets the best out of his players. Hopefully they will be competitive - they are very entertaining to watch.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see William Blount play this spring. Also, I have tremendous respect for their coach. I just base may opinion on what I saw last year. They are not going to be very big, and that will hurt them in the district. Coach Baumann always gets the best out of his players. Hopefully they will be competitive - they are very entertaining to watch.

Size in this district is not nearly as big a factor as it was a year ago. Farragut and Bearden don't have a lot of bigs like they did last season. I'm sure Catholic and Maryville will have a big guy or two. The only kid that I'm aware of in the district with any size and skill is Hood at LC, and he's not a true big man. He likes to play more at the high post. So, the lack of size shouldn't hurt WB as much.

However, while I think they will have a good year I realize that they are going to play a very unforgiving district schedule. If they don't stay focused throughout the season things could get messy because of the high level of competition.

Catholic's starting lineup this summer was 6'0, 6'3, 6'2. 6'5 and 6'7. Off the bench 6'2, 6'3, 6'1, 6'6, 5'10, 5'11, 5'9 and 5'9 (the latter 2 freshman). Have not seen Maryville.

I thought Terrence Hall played for you. He's like 5'1" on a good day

Maryville's first seven 6'4", 6'4", 6'4", 6'6, 6'6", 6'2", 6'2".

Catholic's starting lineup this summer was 6'0, 6'3, 6'2. 6'5 and 6'7. Off the bench 6'2, 6'3, 6'1, 6'6, 5'10, 5'11, 5'9 and 5'9 (the latter 2 freshman). Have not seen Maryville.

Maryville's first seven 6'4", 6'4", 6'4", 6'6, 6'6", 6'2", 6'2".

So are you saying that Alex Tipton, Dez, and the kid that transferred from Bearden are NOT in Maryville's first seven?

He grew (wink wink). Football list him at 5'9 so that's good enough lol.

He grew (wink wink). Football list him at 5'9 so that's good enough lol.

With cleats and helmet on he may be 5'9" :roflolk: