Big 8

NETFan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off you have to love these message boards, any idiot such as yourself can get on the boards and talk about a player you have probably never seen play in person.

The reason why Devin is getting so much hype is because is in middle school he had over 1500 yards rushing and 22 td's in only 9 games and playing only the first half in almost every single game.

Last season if he would have played Freshman football he would have had over 2,000 yards rushing. Playing 3 games on JV he had over 600 yards total offense and 8 td's.

On Varsity he started the last 5 games of the season and ended up with over 500 yards rushing and 2 td's, He could have had more td's but they put in a jumbo package with a senior running back when they got into the red zone. Against Greeneville he had over 150 yards rushing against a team that ended up in the state semi-finals. So I really wouldn't say that last season he didn't live up to the hype that was surrounding him. Maybe if the O-line can open some holes for Devin you might be able to see the true talent he holds.

As for Luke Cradic I believe he will be an outstanding QB this season, he has worked very hard over the past year to become a better player. So far during the summer he has looked great.

I hope that Volunteer can surprise some people this season.

Thanks for the compliment. This early in the season and because I questioned someone's Volunteer glasses I am called an idiot. I did not say Rogers or Cradic were not good but you made them into all-state caliber players.

Rogers was not the all-american that Volunteer said he would be last year. You show your lack of football or your daddy mentality when you bring up middle school stats or freshman stats. Give me a break. Then you trash his teammates to make him look better. Give me a break. I reckon you think the coach is an idiot too.

Cradic should be a good QB. He has the skills and I hope he has improved but he did not handle the pressure good last year and that is a major part of QB.

About Science Hill. Norris is in New Mexico with East Cobb playing in the Connie Mack World SEries. The coach has told him when he gets back in town he is a part of the team but general consensus among the coaches is that he will not be QB but a DB like last year.

Armando has a high ankle sprain which will limit him all year. Heard SH is not looking real good on offense this year.

First off you have to love these message boards, any idiot such as yourself can get on the boards and talk about a player you have probably never seen play in person.

The reason why Devin is getting so much hype is because is in middle school he had over 1500 yards rushing and 22 td's in only 9 games and playing only the first half in almost every single game.

Last season if he would have played Freshman football he would have had over 2,000 yards rushing. Playing 3 games on JV he had over 600 yards total offense and 8 td's.

On Varsity he started the last 5 games of the season and ended up with over 500 yards rushing and 2 td's, He could have had more td's but they put in a jumbo package with a senior running back when they got into the red zone. Against Greeneville he had over 150 yards rushing against a team that ended up in the state semi-finals. So I really wouldn't say that last season he didn't live up to the hype that was surrounding him. Maybe if the O-line can open some holes for Devin you might be able to see the true talent he holds.

As for Luke Cradic I believe he will be an outstanding QB this season, he has worked very hard over the past year to become a better player. So far during the summer he has looked great.

Thanks for the compliment. This early in the season and because I questioned someone's Volunteer glasses I am called an idiot. I did not say Rogers or Cradic were not good but you made them into all-state caliber players.

Rogers was not the all-american that Volunteer said he would be last year. You show your lack of football or your daddy mentality when you bring up middle school stats or freshman stats. Give me a break. Then you trash his teammates to make him look better. Give me a break. I reckon you think the coach is an idiot too.

Cradic should be a good QB. He has the skills and I hope he has improved but he did not handle the pressure good last year and that is a major part of QB.

About Science Hill. Norris is in New Mexico with East Cobb playing in the Connie Mack World SEries. The coach has told him when he gets back in town he is a part of the team but general consensus among the coaches is that he will not be QB but a DB like last year.

Armando has a high ankle sprain which will limit him all year. Heard SH is not looking real good on offense this year.

I don't recall one person saying Rogers would be all-american as a freshman, and if you ask me he held his own on the field his freshman, considering he was being hit 90% of the time behind the line of scrimmage. Alot of the time Luke didn't have time to get off alot of passes because of being blitzed and the O-line not picking it up.

Also how can you say Rogers middle school stats should not count for his hype, take a look at the media today Eric Berry's little brothers are going into 8th grade and everyone is talking about what they did as 7th graders. This is 2009 where as a high school Freshman kids can start calling college coaches personally and introducing themself to the coach. Maybe if some more kids in this area would do that they would get the chance to play college football instead of sitting around and waiting on colleges to find them.

NETFan you always talk about people taking off their team glasses. Well I'm telling you to put on your prescription glasses while reading this. :wub:

As for the lack of Football you say I have or the daddy mentality for posting his 8th grade stats. I did that so maybe just maybe you could understand why he had some hype around him going into his freshman season.

Let me break it down for you 1 more time in case you still didn't get it.

Devin's 8th grade stats = The hype he got going into his freshman season.

I posted his freshman stats because apparently you didn't know those either. Hopefully by now you are starting to process this and realize that I was educating someone who didn't do their homework on a player before posting on here.

As for Devin he just enjoys playing the game, and wants to move Volunteer's program in the right direction in the next 3 years. :ph34r:

So, are you Devin or His dad. I hope you are actually neither. Trashing the line for not blocking and the coach for putting in a package for the senior running back. That should help his rushing stats this year. If I was the line I would give him a few more holes (not) if you and he are trashing their blocking last year.

All of you Volunteer fans circle September 18th. That will be biggest game of the year. The loser will be in last place and winner, next to last.

NETFan you always talk about people taking off their team glasses. Well I'm telling you to put on your prescription glasses while reading this. :wub:

As for the lack of Football you say I have or the daddy mentality for posting his 8th grade stats. I did that so maybe just maybe you could understand why he had some hype around him going into his freshman season.

I posted his freshman stats because apparently you didn't know those either. Hopefully by now you are starting to process this and realize that I was educating someone who didn't do their homework on a player before posting on here.

As for Devin he just enjoys playing the game, and wants to move Volunteer's program in the right direction in the next 3 years. :ph34r:

So, are you Devin or His dad. I hope you are actually neither. Trashing the line for not blocking and the coach for putting in a package for the senior running back. That should help his rushing stats this year. If I was the line I would give him a few more holes (not) if you and he are trashing their blocking last year.

You must seriously be SLOW. Another bonehead comment by NETFan. No coach or players is being trashed, but once again you don't understand. You can't seem to comprehend stuff even when I have explained it over and over. By the time you figure it out it would be Christmas. I don't really have the patience to deal with idiots like you. :ph34r:

All of you Volunteer fans circle September 18th. That will be biggest game of the year. The loser will be in last place and winner, next to last

What do you have against Volunteer?

As for Devin he just enjoys playing the game, and wants to move Volunteer's program in the right direction in the next 3 years. :?:

All I have to ask of you NETFan what do you have against Volunteer High School? I decided to look back through your previous post in other sports, and you always have something negative to say against Volunteer, Why is this?

Didn't your mother ever teach you if you don't have something good to say, keep your worthless comments to yourself.

It's just a couple of weeks until the jamboree.Has anybody heard the matchups and what times ? I look forward to this year and hope the new system works out.I thought the old way was a little better for the playoffs.I guess when the smoke clears a little it will be easy to figure out.I wish each and everyone of your sons a great year and hope it is a safe one.Roll Tribe