Knox Central @ Dobyns Bennett Scrimmage

BatmanDB

I was at practice today everything seemed to go good. the team worked hard and scrimmaged a bit, good news on the day... roop didnt get killed :D. Im hoping the team picks things up friday. also, today at practice, did anyone else see wacojaco there? or was it just me

Your right.The guys and coaches worked hard today,as every day.I've seen most every practice over the last few years,and Clark runs a tight ship.I may be half awake sometimes from graveyards,but I do pick up a on a lot of the little things the coaches do.Far as Wacojaco goes,I rather him fight the bad guys under secret idenity.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown won the fastest back race today. Steele,Seabolt and Chris were right behind him.I allways said that I would like to see that.I knew Seabolt was fast,but I didn't think he was "Steele" fast,that was a great race.Holt won the fastest lineman race in a barn burner.We will be without David again friday. Depth at the QB position was aways my concern last year.Remember the scrimmage is at around 6:00,maybe a little earlier.

Brown won the fastest back race today. Steele,Seabolt and Chris were right behind him.I allways said that I would like to see that.I knew Seabolt was fast,but I didn't think he was "Steele" fast,that was a great race.Holt won the fastest lineman race in a barn burner.We will be without David again friday. Depth at the QB position was aways my concern last year.Remember the scrimmage is at around 6:00,maybe a little earlier.

Im anxious to see how the offensive line does today. I hope it was just a timing thing last week. If its more of the same today then we'll need more depth not at just quarterback, but also at runningback. That is my concern.

Im anxious to see how the offensive line does today. I hope it was just a timing thing last week. If its more of the same today then we'll need more depth not at just quarterback, but also at runningback. That is my concern.

A week should help everything.I hope we have a good scrimmage today.Roll Tribe

I thought the scrimmage went well today.Both sides of the ball had some real good moments.I look forward to David getting back next monday.Roop is a real good athlete and having him make good plays at QB and having Sean with his speed at wideout and on defense would be big.It gives us so much having him being able to play the way he did tonight at QB as well.You seen a big diference than last week when he had seen little work.It's all about the team,and guys have to do what they are called on to help the team.It wasn't a perfect game on defense,but they look good overall.Like I said a couple of days ago,we will give up a screen here and there,but that's the price for bringing the heat and we just have to read it quicker and call it out.I thought the offensive line took it to them.We have to be able to check out of a run against a run blitz .All and all,anybody that seen both scrimmages has to be a tad more on the positive side tonight.Roll Tribe and let's get ready for Maryville's great team tuesday.

Come on Batman, or anybody ???? I didn't make it to the scrimmage. How about some details. Any good runs by Sensabaugh, Brown? Did the offensive line really look better? Did they open up some holes to run through? How was the pass protection? How did the linebackers and secondary look? I don't care what the score was unless they scored more than 4.

OK guys here it is.On the opening drive we overcame about three big flags and just drove it down the field with nice runs and passes.I thought it looked like a different team all together tonight.Chris had some nice strong runs behind a fired up line and Seabolt had some great passes and made some good running plays.We scored and the defense opened up a can on their first three downs with pressure from the front six,taking about twenty yards away from Central.We then blocked Centrals punt and scored a touchdown on that play.It was just a scrimmage,but we came to play tonight. Central scored on a screen later on and Seabolt scored on a keeper from around mid field,it was a thing to see.We hit a bomb on another drive and just had some nice plays.Central had some nice run stops and some good athletes,so it was a good scrimmage for both teams.You guys should have missed the Halls scrimmage and came to this one.Nomatter what,the first two games are going to be hard and this team is working very hard.

Tuesday will be a great test for our young team.I don't know how much Roop will get to play,but I think it will be a wake up for our young men at every position.Maryville doesn't lack for any skill or coaching,they are just a well ran machine.The good thing about the first two games is they are out of conference,so I look at it as a time for our guys to grow up under fire.From what I read,Clinton is taking it to everyone in the preseason,and they even gave Maryville fits.Yes it doesn't count but that should catch everybodies eye that they play and all the 5A teams.I like the fact that Daddy Wagner is helping coach the team,he ran a nice drill with the defensive backs the other day.We learn from little things and our staff is on top of it.Nobody is to good to run a little extra and that helps mold a team.I didn't know that Patrick was preseason all state,that's great !! Go Patrick,but don't blindside "Action" , if he ever get's around you in practice :thumb: