Bradley Bears Week 0? How will they look against 3A Polk?

Coach J

I noticed the Bears start their season off playing Polk @ home. How will starting the season off with a 3A team help or hurt them? I know that the pressure has to be on them to win since they are the higher classification so how will they do? I can't wait to see the crowd at this one too, estimations of 7K+ are spreading already. Seriously though I heard Polk is a very young team with only 7 starting seniors and Bradley is the biggest they've been in years. What will be the pro's and con's on both sides of the ball?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing BC scrimmage Friday against South Pitt, Boyd Buc, McMinn Central, and East Ridge, Charlie would give the nod to Polk, if Polk has any mobility whatsoever. Bradley was big, but SLOW, extremely slow off the ball. They have no backs like they had last year, and still no passing game to speak of. They have one kid that can outrun some folks if he gets in the open, but I don't see it happening.

This is pretty sad guys. You have a school with 1200 kids and no one can show support or even act like they care whether they win or not. Everyone wonders why the Bears are in the dumps all the time, well here is another fine example, WHERE'S THE SUPPORT PEOPLE?????????????:D

The politics over the years have plagued the school and now what do the fans have to say? The only time people post about the Bears is when you get some post filled with BS drama, or one that oozes hate or misinformed idiots starting rumors. Sooooooo with that being said what idiot will post their pointless opinion or slandering remarks? All I know is the KIDS THERE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT THEY CAN GET because Polk brings it 110% everygame and to start the year off losing to a school with 450 kids will be a mark of the season to come.

What scrimmage did you watch exactly!! We beat south pit,boyd buchannon,mcminn central, in every series except one goal line series to mcminn central. If BC is that bad what does that say about the other teams? Yes they were smaller div. schools,but quality teams, year after year. Coach Floyd played just about every off. player on the roster, so he could get a look at them in "game conditions" . Its not like BC game planned for a scrimmage! Polk Co. always plays hard, having said that they are slower, smaller and have a new off. cord. this year. They may be able to put up a good effort in the first quarter,but the bears size and quickness will take over starting in the second quarter and becoming a slaughter in the second half.print this out and save it, nostradamous couldnt be any better at this prediction. :D

Bring on the Wildcats and let's see how they do against the Bears. If you attended the scrimmage last Friday, as I did, then you saw a very solid defense. No one scored on the Bears during the scrimmage and the offense, while missing the Lindsey cousins, will be just fine. JD and the Bears will get their offense going.

As for the crowd, it should be a good one but no where near those that would be there for a Cleveland, Walker Valley, McMinn County or Ooltewah game when they are played at BCHS. The stadium seats 6000 and there should be about 4500-5000 there for the home opener.

Good luck to both teams and let's not get anyone hurt!

First of all, I never mentioned that BC was "bad", but I understand the BC fan mentality to jump to that conclusion.

I watched the same scrimmage that you watched, the difference being I was looking through the eyes of an impartial spectator and you were looking through your black/gold tinted glasses. In the first hour and half, there was one TD scored on the big field, BC scored on MC. So BC had more TD's, than any of the schools, on the big field (I didn't really keep up with the practice field sessions). So I guess all the D's were solid, because none of the offenses dis much.

Bears also led category of turnovers, 4 I think, and pretty sure penalties. It was a scrimmage and I would say none of the teams really seperated themselves or opened up the play book. South Pitt looked more athletic than any of the rest but looked out of sync, Bradley had the size advantage but slow, Central's D1 QB prospect was unimpressive, Boyd Buch really left no impression at all.

The bears have no passing game, they have big slow linemen, inexperienced backfield, yeah JD "started" most games last year, but C. Lindsey took as many snaps as JD. Polk will be smaller of course, there's no way they can be slower than this Bradley team. Charlie says that Polk will probably be the team with gas in the tank in the second half. I know you BC fans are sensitive, but all this is just opinion, so don't take it personal. Hasn't Bradley JV played Polk JV the past 2 - 3 years? How did those games turn out?

No matter what your opinion, the good thing is,,we'll find out in about 14.5 days.

AHHHHH!!!! Here comes the drama mentioned in my post. DOn't get your feelings hurt guys!! It's a simple friendly game between neighboring counties that could possibly be the best game of the year for one of two teams. I definately agree with Mr. Murphy on the the Cats stamina because year in and year out they wear down their opponents and take away their wings int he second half. I see no way that the Bears linemen will have the gas the Cats do. Now print this out and save it alwaysright because you need to throw some ketchup on it when you are eating your own words. This will be a close game I agre but the stamina factor will be what decides who comes out on top!!! :D

My feelings aren't hurt,and my vision is 20/20 no black and gold tinted glasses needed. But thanks for caring. Yes , the jv did play and as for the way they turned out, i only remember last year.I was sitting in the stands with a polk varsity line up and watched 5 kids play that started on the varsity.No thats not rumor , just a simple fact. and they barely beat us at their home field and we only had soph. and freshman on the field. But the score board did say polk won, and i guess thats the way it is. As for endurance, I dont see a edge either way, polk is tough , hard nosed, and always play to the end. Now i gave them the props they deserve, im going to stand by my prediction(hopefuly i wont need that ketchup to eat my words) After just watching BC scrimmage Hixson(i know they are not as good as polk) I think the D played even better tonight as players start to settle into positions. As for the O less sub. tonight (stopped the fumbles) started to click and looked much improved. Im not hateing on polk i wish them a good injury free season and hope the make play offs, but in my humble opinion the will come up short on week one by the score of BC 28 Polk 14

My feelings aren't hurt,and my vision is 20/20 no black and gold tinted glasses needed. But thanks for caring. Yes , the jv did play and as for the way they turned out, i only remember last year.I was sitting in the stands with a polk varsity line up and watched 5 kids play that started on the varsity.No thats not rumor , just a simple fact. and they barely beat us at their home field and we only had soph. and freshman on the field. But the score board did say polk won, and i guess thats the way it is. As for endurance, I dont see a edge either way, polk is tough , hard nosed, and always play to the end. Now i gave them the props they deserve, im going to stand by my prediction(hopefuly i wont need that ketchup to eat my words) After just watching BC scrimmage Hixson(i know they are not as good as polk) I think the D played even better tonight as players start to settle into positions. As for the O less sub. tonight (stopped the fumbles) started to click and looked much improved. Im not hateing on polk i wish them a good injury free season and hope the make play offs, but in my humble opinion the will come up short on week one by the score of BC 28 Polk 14

An A+ on your reply!!! :o Can't wait!!! Polk looked awesome Friday against a much improved ER team.

i think polk should come out on top in this game.. polk is probably as fast overall as a polk team has ever been.. maybe even as strong as ever and they are fairly small... BC should know from past years (scrim.'s) that polk plays hard til the end.. i think polk will just be the better team from the 1st minute til the last minute.. and dont worry about that new offensive coordinator the offense seems to be clicking pretty good as far as i know... and i think the biggest diff will be how the polk players will play with that polk pride from the first snap, and the small school helps here cause most of these boys have played together for a long time and they have good team leadership.. should be a great game to start the season... from reading all the posts so far it seems there is some hostility from fans, lets just put our opinion in and go on, you dont have to like it and neither do i but thats how it is.. now having said that i think this thread is still better than the one on the AA boards

This one wont be close.. Bears by at least 3td's. They have manhandled everyone they have scrimmaged so far. Deepest team they have had in 25 years...maybe ever. Youth at the skill positions ,but man can they fly. Polk gets whipped by Size,depth and speed. This Bear Team is playoff bound.

Not sure what scrims the one guy watched talking about slow and no gas in the tank.. If you wanna see that go down the road to CHS.. They been having some issues.