East Ridge Playday Aug. 8th

Roba22

Hello again all my volleyball friends and family...! It was a long and fun club season but now it's High School time again and we are very excited. I wanted to post what I know about the East Ridge / Red Bank Playday this weekend (August 8th) All i know is what Grace Academy will be doing at this time so I will post that. Good Luck to ALL teams!

At Red Bank High School

Grace vs. Sale Creek at 9:00 on Ct. 3

Grace vs. White Co. at 10:00 on Ct. 1

Grace vs. Knox Catholic at 12:00 on Ct.2

Grace vs. CSAS at 1:00 on Ct.2

Grace vs. Bolton at 4:00 on Ct. 4

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again all my volleyball friends and family...! It was a long and fun club season but now it's High School time again and we are very excited. I wanted to post what I know about the East Ridge / Red Bank Playday this weekend (August 8th) All i know is what Grace Academy will be doing at this time so I will post that. Good Luck to ALL teams!

At Red Bank High School

Grace vs. Sale Creek at 9:00 on Ct. 3

Grace vs. White Co. at 10:00 on Ct. 1

Grace vs. Knox Catholic at 12:00 on Ct.2

Grace vs. CSAS at 1:00 on Ct.2

Grace vs. Bolton at 4:00 on Ct. 4

22, my friend, good to have you post what you have of the schedule. Try to get the rest of the schedule and if you can't tell me who the director of the Playday is. Likely Coach Neeley at Er and not sure at RB. I will try to get intouch with them if you are not able to. looks as if a good playday. We sureneed as many scores as you can give us and check back Thursday and I will see how this will work out. right now we are without email but I have two other emails. To get in touch, PHargis@aol.com or popsey37@comcast.net.

We have asked that somone on the Staff at East Ridge and Red Bank to post the schedules on this site. As many of you already know, "The Legend" Coach Katherine Neely coaches at East Ridge and a Coach who is starting to make her way there, Coach Crystal Helton, is the coach at Chattanooga Red Bank. the Tradition of the Choo Choo just goes on and on and after the fine schools and their schedules are posted, we ask that the match resuts be posted by the very knowledable fans and parents that will attend this event. We will also try to get the resuts. Numerous "Kick Off" events are sprinkled thru out the state at the beginning of the Volleyball season and the Choo Choo's are prominent in the preseason Playdays in the Chattanooga area and fans watch the results of the event all thru the State. This playday covers premier Schools in all Divisions, AAA, AA, A, DivIIAA and DivIIA. When the schedule is posted we will try to match up the participating schools with the great coaches who lead each school. Schools ARE there from all over the state and this is an EVENT you in the Chattanooga area will want to See. This is this weeked, August 7th and the place is at both East Ridge with Coach katherine Neeley and at Red Bank with Coach Chrystal Helton.

Here is Boyd Buchanan's schedule for the Aug. 8th Choo Choo Playday....All of Boyd's games will be played at Red Bank...

9:00 a.m. Boyd Buchanan vs. Ooltewah Court 4

11:00 a.m. Boyd Buchanan vs. Portland Court 3

1:00 p.m. Boyd Buchanan vs. Oak Ridge Court 4

4:00 p.m. Boyd Buchanan vs. Dobbins Bennett Court 2

6:00 p.m. Boyd Buchanan vs. Red Bank Court 1

Yes, I do...Here it is.

9:00 Court 1-Red Bank/Signal Mtn.

Court 2-Bradley Co./Chattanooga School for Arts and Science

Court 3-Sale Creek/Grace

Court 4-Boyd Buchanan/Ooltewah

10:00 Court 1-White Co./Grace

Court 2-Bolton/Chattanooga School for Arts and Science

Court 3-Oak Ridge/Signal Mtn.

Court 4-Dobbins Bennett/Warren Co.

11:00 Court 1-Red Bank/ Dobbins Bennett

Court 2-Ooltewah/Oak Ridge

Court 3-Boyd Buchanan/Portland

Court 4-Knox. Catholic/White Co.

12:00 Court 1-Sale Creek/Chattanooga School for Arts and Science

Court 2-Knox. Catholic/Grace

Court 3-Warren Co./Bradley Co.

Court 4-Ooltewah/Portland

1:00 Court 1-Signal Mtn./Bolton

Court 2-Grace/Chattanooga School for Arts and Science

Court 3-Dobbins Bennett/White Co.

Court 4-Boyd Buchanan/Oak Ridge

2:00 Court 1-Red Bank/Portland

Court 2-Warren Co./White Co.

Court 3-Signal Mtn./Knox. Catholic

Court 4-Sale Creek/Bolton

3:00 Court 1-Sale Creek/Bradley Co.

Court 2-Oak Ridge/Portland

Court 3-Ooltewah/Dobbins Bennett

Court 4-White Co./Chattanooga School for Arts and Science

4:00 Court 1-Red Bank/Knox. Catholic

Court 2-Boyd Buchanan/Dobbins Bennett

Court 3-Sale Creek/Warren Co.

Court 4-Bolton/Grace

5:00 Court 1-Ooltewah/Knox. Catholic

Court 2-Bolton/Warren Co.

Court 3-Signal Mtn./Portland

Court 4-Oak Ridge/Bradley Co.

6:00 Court 1-Red Bank/Boyd Buchanan

mom, you wouldn't have the total schedule at Red Bank on the 8th woud you?

I really hate to ask you this but do you know anyone I could get the East ridge Schedule from?

I don't have the schedule for East Ridge, but I do have the list of the teams playing there...Maybe someone reading can give it to you? Here are the teams that I have listed at East Ridge..

Anderson Co.

Baylor

Blackman

Chattanooga Christian

Cleveland

East Hamilton

East Ridge

Farragut

GPS

Hixson

Karns

Lookout Valley

Notre Dame

Stone Memorial

Sullivan South

Wish I had more info for you :D

While I still don't have the schedule from East Ridge but I do have the Schools playing there, I hope the Chattanoogan or the Times Free Press can run down the information from both Schools because looking at the Schools who have made the trip to Chattanooga, with some exceptions, this is a meeting of most of the best Volleyball Schools in East and East South Tennessee. Divisions make no difference and size makes no difference. These, right now, are schools who have good players who have good chemistry and have spent sometime during their middle school and high school to get better and are athletes who are playing for themselves, their schools and the comradeship that goes along with the sport. And along with them come Coaches who have excelled in their sport in Tennessee and know how to inspire and lead their sport and bring them to the Choo Choo. Chattanoogans should pick the schools they want to see and make their way to East Ridge and Red Bank tomorrow and , now that I see the Schools particiapating, see some of the best Volleyball in East Tennessee. Its a time for coaches not participating and Middle School coaches to come and see the latest of techniques in this years play and become acquainted as to the level of play. Its interesting to realize how far this sport has come in the past few years but to realize how far these players and Coaches are attempting to take it. Recently, I heard of a School trying to replace a coach who left, in an interview, got this response from the person being interviewed. The person said "Yes, I coached VB a few years back and I would like to Coach again but the sport has passed me by so far the last 3 years, I will really have to catch back up. I am going to have to go thru a relearning period." Such is the Sport and such even is the Coaches who coach it and is one of the main reasons these playdays and Tournaments are so important to the Schools in the State.

So, what about the Choo Choo and the schoools playing tomorrow? Anderson County comes in with great Coaches and with reclassifying a change from AA to AAA. IMO, they will not miss a beat for they have played a good brand of Volleyball and the School will demand excellence. They and karnes are from District 3AAA and while I don't have a schedule, its likely they won't meet in this Playday but a chance to see both would be good. Baylor comes in with a new Coach also and looking tbbo rejuvinate a program who might have been down a little the last couple of years. This is a chance to see Baylor. Blackman comes from the tough District 7 with a young team who is expected to improve as the year goes on and make waves in the district. Chattanooga Christian and Notre dame come in from district 7AA and their fans will see the first time these two Schools will compete for this year as both will likely vie for the top spot. Cleveland has been projected as being one of the top Schools in the State in AAA and comes out of District 5. As a sidelight, two other schools in that same District will be at Red Bank and will be in contention for that district and kept these schools seperated.. Cleveland is a "must see".'

East Hamilton, Hixson and East Ridge will compete in District 6 in AA and watching these two schools will be interesting. Farragut is one of the top copntenders in District 4AAA and with reclassification in that District will be challenged. A top school every year, this school will be an interesting school to watch and is well coached. Lookout Valley is the only A School in East Ridge, I think, and the lack of A schools along with reports in other parts of the State means some work has to be done in that Division. This is not unlike some other Divisions in A that took a couple of years but these schools in this Division should have shown better. Time will tell. GPS will be rebuilding and in Division II. One never counts out the coach at GPS. Some projections have been made that this program would be down this year. Why Not, six college schlorships. However this is a school that is a "Must Watch" for a couple of reasons. First, coaching style and second the ability to retool. GPS will always be tough but the odds are schools had better get them this year, next year will be different. Stone Memorial is a great volleyball and fan support school. Its a school motivated by being newer and with something to prove. Their play recognizes them as a "must watch" school. And last but not least, Sullivan South is at East Ridge and DBennet is at Red bankfor a reason. They will compete, likely,for the top spot in one of the top 3 Districts in the State in AAA, District 1. After watching clubs this summer that feed Sullivan and other schools in that District, Sullivan is a "Must Watch" here. While this poster has not seen nor seen projections out of the Big 8, Sullivan will compete well.

So this completes the schools at East Ridge. I will post the same for Schools at Red Bank. For those who are reading this and are in the Chattanooga area, this playday is more that just a few schools getting together for some matches. This is the start of the progress including some other tournaments soon and in a few weeks, that will take some of these schools to a State Tournament, somewhere. go see them, you will enjoy the visit.

Here is Cleveland's schedule:

All games are at East Ridge:

9am CHS vs. Baylor

12pm CHS vs. GPS

2pm CHS vs. Farragut

4pm CHS vs. Blackman

5pm CHS vs. Stone Memorial

6pm CHS vs. Hixon

Sorry that was all I could get, should be some excellent volleyball all day..... Good luck to all of the teams!

Hey PH... I'm sorry that I didn't get your reply till today after posting the other night. I don't have as much free time in the evenings as I use to so I don't get on the computer very much anymore after getting home from work. I will do my best to sneak a peak from time to time while I am here at work and post more info as I have it during the season. It would not have mattered very much as I didn't have any other info about this play day so It was good that others posted. ... I still not heard anything about what is going on at East Ridge but I'm sure someone should have it.

Good job on the above story... As you well know we have some AWESOME volleyball right here in Chattanooga and it's going to be fun to watch it all get started again this weekend. I know that for myself I have several Teams I want to see. One of course is our young ladies at Grace Baptist Academy.. Because of the new classifications Grace will now be down in District 5-A and it will be interesting to see how they look after losing 4 seniors. It might be a slow start but hopefully they can work hard and make a push come district time. Boyd is loaded again and should be a very fun team to watch. I have not heard how Rachel Harper is doing with her injury so she may not be playing this weekend but I think we all feel it's safe to say that Boyd will make a serious run at the Class A state this year after losing last year in the finals to a STRONG AA team in Greenbier. I am very interested in Baylor because of their new coach in Sarah Lail. It may be early yet, but she will rebuild that program. DB will be a very strong team this year and I'm sure a blast to watch. They are so strong at so many areas and IMO have probable the best setter in the whole state in Jamie Rutledge. When you add her to Megan Devine, Meredith Hardy, and Doniqua Flack just to name the few that I know of right off hand shows just how strong they will be. Cleveland is a team you better watch out for. They are not the tallest team you will ever see but these girls can flat out play. It is going to be interesting to see what Coach Paul Brock can do with GPS this year. He lost so much off of last years back to back state championship team so they are going to be very young. You were right when you said teams better take their shots now.. GPS won't be down long…. Coach Brock will make sure of that. And I have to wonder what East Hamilton will bring to the table. They got very lucky in landing the former coach from Boyd (sorry her name slips me) but she was a very good coach and if she has anything to work with over there they will be good.. See you all in the gym Saturday!

Announcements