Oakland vs. Brentwood Academy

randymc

Just got in from this controlled practice. Seemed like they ran 3 plays from 1st and 10, 3 plays from 2nd and 7 and 3 plays from 3rd and 2 then switched. It looked to me like the strength of this team is up front, both on offense and defense along with the running backs. Both teams hit a couple of big plays, BA had a long pass for a TD after the OHS DB jumped too soon (should have been int) and OHS had a kick off return for a TD, there was a flag in the middle of the field after the play, not sure which team it was on, but it was away from the play and totally unnecessary for either team. BA also had a long TD on a sweep late in the scrimmage against some of the OHS reserves. The O-line gave the Adams time to pass the ball the times they attempted to pass, but it looks like the RBs will be a huge part of the offense again this year. BA looked good too and had more big plays than OHS, but I think OHS would have moved the ball well on them had it been a real scrimmage or game. BA couldn't get much going inside against the OHS D-line.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had 10 play sets. 5, 1st and 10's. 3, 3rd and 8. and 2, 3rd and 2. Each team had 4 sets of those so a total of 40 offensive plays for each team. Then a Kicking Scrimmage with punt teams, kick teams, etc..

Score was 20-3, counting PAT and Field Goals from the Kicking Scrimmage. Oaklands long kickoff return was called back for block in the back. But as far as just offensive went, it was 14-0 BA won.

They had 10 play sets. 5, 1st and 10's. 3, 3rd and 8. and 2, 3rd and 2. Each team had 4 sets of those so a total of 40 offensive plays for each team. Then a Kicking Scrimmage with punt teams, kick teams, etc..

Score was 20-3, counting PAT and Field Goals from the Kicking Scrimmage. Oaklands long kickoff return was called back for block in the back. But as far as just offensive went, it was 14-0 BA won.

This is WAY too deceiving, because OHS would have driven the ball on BA all night. The only scores he's counting are the big plays. Couldn't estimate a score really. And nobody knows if the penalty on the kickoff was against OHS or BA. OHS would have picked up 1st down after 1st down that's for sure.

All I was stating was that you can't just count BA's scores and say it was 14-0 when OHS was definitely able to move the ball on BA. And I know on the last TD OHS had several defensive starters not on the field, whether the coaches called for 1st team or not at the beginning of the series. I do know people were not happy at all with the format of the scrimmage and think that it was chosen for a reason.

All I was stating was that you can't just count BA's scores and say it was 14-0 when OHS was definitely able to move the ball on BA. And I know on the last TD OHS had several defensive starters not on the field, whether the coaches called for 1st team or not at the beginning of the series. I do know people were not happy at all with the format of the scrimmage and think that it was chosen for a reason.

Agreed. People get so caught up with score, that they fail to see the improvement that their team makes on the field should they lose, it was a good experience for Oakland.

the format had nothing to do with it that is genarally how you play early scrimages,real issue here is not understanding the game of football enough to make comments like oakland running all over somebody both teams looked good,but ba had a little more fire power on o that is what I was saying. It goes with out saying tim mcadoo caused ba some problems but ba had fire power to still put points on the board through big plays in football you still give him six.

the format had nothing to do with it that is genarally how you play early scrimages,real issue here is not understanding the game of football enough to make comments like oakland running all over somebody both teams looked good,but ba had a little more fire power on o that is what I was saying. It goes with out saying tim mcadoo caused ba some problems but ba had fire power to still put points on the board through big plays in football you still give him six.

I can vouch for randymc, he knows football and Oakland had their fair share of success moving the football. In a actual game enviroment, who knows what the outcome would have been