top teams in tennessee?

ftballkicker

Woah woah woah, buddy. There is no way to say that. Are the two teams going to take on each other this season? No. So can we accurately say that one is the better than the other? No. Trust me, I understand that BA is a very talented team. Franklin is as well. BUT, you CAN NOT say that either is the better than the other. While a game doesn't always prove which one is better, it's the only almost certain measuring stick. But to take what you said, I think the Rebels could most certainly hold their own with BA. BHS did, and I don't think that BHS and FHS are too different. I would say FHS is better than the Bruins, but again, they havne't played yet. Ah, I've wasted too much time on your silly comment.

First off, how does a game not tell someone who the better team is??? I'm not too sure on how that works. Anyways, FHS might be as good as, or better than BHS. I know FHS is having a good year, but who is Blackman?? Seriously, I do not want to say anything bad, but is Zach Anderson starting on FHS defense?? Also, you cannot say how good BHS is compared to the BA vs BHS game. BHS was close to us last year, and Gallatin beat them in the playoffs. Who beat us in the playoff?? Undefeated McCalllie in the Clinic Bowl by one lucky point. When was the last time FHS or BHS went to a state championship game?? BA has gone 18 times in around 35 years. And, don't even try to say that it is because we only play private schools. Remember division 5A?? We played Riverdale and Jefferson Co in some Clinic Bowls. Where were yall???

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by just1np:

Yeah but it makes that loss so much easier to swallow if they WERE ranked in the top ten. ;)

Brentwood Academy is better than everybody. I don't know why anyone even bothers to show up to play them. It is an outright conspiracy that they haven't won a Division II title yet.

I'm glad to see that someone has their head on straight. St.X was ranked in the same rankings as we were 21st in the nation. Many of the teams in this ranking played at the Ryle Co Kickoff in Ryle, Kentucky.

Posted by BigDogDaddy:

Stan...who is Franklin going to lose to? Brentwood? Clarksville? Dickson Co.? I don't think you'll get to see it.

Too many offensive weapons, defense bends but doesn't break Lincoln Co. scores 6 Blackman shut out, Columbia got 6 against 2nd team KO team with 45sec left.

Speed Kills!

all i have to say is...wait until the end of the year. when playoff time rolls around, franklin will not be a top team. i am positive of this. year after year, franklin gets hyped up, but when its time to back it up, they do not. they have nothing to build on, no big recruits, no big championships, just some hopeful fans year in, year out.

Posted by blount:
Posted by BigDogDaddy:

Stan...who is Franklin going to lose to? Brentwood? Clarksville? Dickson Co.? I don't think you'll get to see it.

Too many offensive weapons, defense bends but doesn't break Lincoln Co. scores 6 Blackman shut out, Columbia got 6 against 2nd team KO team with 45sec left.

Speed Kills!

all i have to say is...wait until the end of the year. when playoff time rolls around, franklin will not be a top team. i am positive of this. year after year, franklin gets hyped up, but when its time to back it up, they do not. they have nothing to build on, no big recruits, no big championships, just some hopeful fans year in, year out.

No my friend, you're wrong. Franklin has not been "hyped up" in quite a while. When was the last time they started 5-0? I don't remember it. No, they don't have big recruits but what they have is great senior leadership and talent spread over the field. No, they don't have any superstars. That's a plus for the Rebels. But you know, they'd rather you think that they're not gonna do anything, so you just go on thinking that.

Guest blount

FYI: I think you mean St. Xavier is ranked in the top 10 in its division in Ohio. St. X was blanked 21-0 the week after it beat BA and is nowhere to be found in the USA Today or any other national rankings I have seen.

FYI: St. X plays all of its season games in Kentucky. They were not ranked in the USA Today. There are other official national rankings.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by FHSrebel27:
Posted by blount:
Posted by BigDogDaddy:

Speed Kills!

No my friend, you're wrong. Franklin has not been "hyped up" in quite a while. When was the last time they started 5-0? I don't remember it. No, they don't have big recruits but what they have is great senior leadership and talent spread over the field. No, they don't have any superstars. That's a plus for the Rebels. But you know, they'd rather you think that they're not gonna do anything, so you just go on thinking that.

well it looks like the "mighty" fhs has fallen, to who?? to bhs. a team that ba beat in their first game. well it looks like fhs's state hope are gone. if they cant even beat their neighbor, how can they even get out of their district??? in the super 7, the two best are ba and mccalllie. hopefully we will play again in this years clinic bowl

Posted by blount:

FYI: I think you mean St. Xavier is ranked in the top 10 in its division in Ohio. St. X was blanked 21-0 the week after it beat BA and is nowhere to be found in the USA Today or any other national rankings I have seen.

FYI: St. X plays all of its season games in Kentucky. They were not ranked in the USA Today. There are other official national rankings.

Are you sure about this? I think this is a different St. X. I know they usually play St. Ignatious, Moeller, and Uppper Arlington. They are all from Ohio. When we played them in lacrosse, we played at St. X in Cincinatti.

you know, this board and all of its talk about BA being the best team in the state is rediculous..especially since McCallie handed their hats to them again..they're still a very good team, but not as great as ya'll make them out to be. I think it would be an amazing game if McCallie ever played Maryville..they are the two best teams in the state

Posted by blount:

The St. X in question is an Ohio-based team. From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

8/24/2002 3:00 PM Sycamore High School W 10-7

8/31/2002 7:30 PM @BRENTWOOD ACADEMY HIGH W 21-20

9/6/2002 7:30 PM COLUMBUS ST FRANCIS DE SALES L 0-21

9/13/2002 7:30 PM INDIANAPOLIS CATHEDRAL W 25-6

9/21/2002 7:30 PM @Moeller High School** W 35-21

9/27/2002 7:30 PM @Elder High School** L 17-21

10/4/2002 7:30 PM @La Salle High School** W 35-7

10/12/2002 7:30 PM @BETHLEHEM CATHOLIC HIGH L 21-31

10/19/2002 7:30 PM CLEVELAND ST IGNATIUS Pregame

10/25/2002 7:30 PM Hamilton High School Pregame

** denotes conference game

The St. X in question is an Ohio-based team. From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

8/24/2002 3:00 PM Sycamore High School W 10-7

8/31/2002 7:30 PM @BRENTWOOD ACADEMY HIGH W 21-20

9/6/2002 7:30 PM COLUMBUS ST FRANCIS DE SALES L 0-21

9/13/2002 7:30 PM INDIANAPOLIS CATHEDRAL W 25-6

9/21/2002 7:30 PM @Moeller High School** W 35-21

9/27/2002 7:30 PM @Elder High School** L 17-21

10/4/2002 7:30 PM @La Salle High School** W 35-7

10/12/2002 7:30 PM @BETHLEHEM CATHOLIC HIGH L 21-31

10/19/2002 7:30 PM CLEVELAND ST IGNATIUS Pregame

10/25/2002 7:30 PM Hamilton High School Pregame

** denotes conference game

ok, well i guess i was wrong. on espn when they briefly talked to some coaches about st.x and elder and some others, one of them said that st.x plays in ky. im not too sure about who is right, but i dont really care much. all i know is that ba and mccallie will see eachother in this years clinic bowl. it should be a great game.