Morristown West v. Maryville Predictions....

MWestTrojan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you from earth? west will fall apart against the rebs. by the 2nd qtr, west will become confused, apprehensive and will start pointing fingers at each other for their inevitable demise. in the second half the trojans will be running pell-mell.

[Edited by jon52 on 9-15-02 3:13A]

Posted by major:
Posted by MWestTrojan:

West 27 - Marville 14..........what are yours? No lengthy soliloquies....just a score. :confused:

west 21-14

west has defeated the last two teams buy a score of 89 to 13 which it could have been a fat 0 for the last two teams easly. west's defense looked great offense looked great. a couple areas need to be worked on the penleys and the two blocked punts that happen at jc. woods will be working on that and we will be do better in both areas as west gets ready for another big game this week.

[Edited by 4cubes on 9-15-02 9:28A]

Guest trojanball4
Posted by jon52:

are you from earth? west will fall apart against the rebs. by the 2nd qtr, west will become confused, apprehensive and will start pointing fingers at each other for their inevitable demise. in the second half the trojans will be running pell-mell.

[Edited by jon52 on 9-15-02 3:13A]

are you from earth? i guess west fell apart last year too. its a whole new year tho. and those sexist marks wasnt me. somebody got on my name and made those remarks. believe me or not. it doesnt matter. this will be a heck of a game. both maryville and west are great ball teams and both have alot of class. this will be a great test for both of them

I don't know why people think this one's gonna be close. Everyone is underestimating the full ability of this year's Rebel team. They haven't played a full game yet so the stats aren't too impressive...yet. I agree that this one will be a decent game...at first. The starters will be forced to play 3 to 3 1/2 quarters to win 35-14.

I think this will be a very interesting game, and like most everyone else has stated, probably not the last these two will see of each other. I , as a Maryville fan and alum, have the utmost respect for West and their program. I think both teams are loaded and although I haven't seen West this season, I'll try to break it down by position. Now this is just my opinion:

QB- Have to go with West. Southerland has more experience, but Cade will be very good in the future.

RB- West has 2 big backs in Rucker and Davis, along with a good FB in Shockley. Maryville has Stewart and McCord and they've only played about 5 1/2 quarters in the first 3 games. Byner and others have been impressive in mop up duty. Slight advantage to Maryville.

WR- West has Lawson leading their WR receiver rotation. Maryville returns all 3 starters from last season. Advantage Maryville.

OL- West has some big returning starters lead by Fowler and the big OT. Maryville returns 4 or 5 starters and a load of experience. Advantage Maryville.

DL- West has Brandon Fanney leading the charge at DE and I hear he has been impressive. West is very solid up front. Maryville returns Big Cole McKinney at DT and Hodge at DE. Advantage Even.

LB- West lost their good interior LBers from last season, but are very good this season anyway with Al Mia. Maryville returns Tipton and Rang. Oliver has done a very good job in Colton's place. Advantage Maryville.

DB- Larue Isom returns to spearhead the West secondary. Maryville returns Russell Clement. Slight advantage to West.

Kicking game- Maryville has looked so-so in their kicking game so far. Kick-off coverage must improve as well as field goal accuracy. West returned a punt for their only score last season in the playoff game. Advantage West.

Coaching- Both teams have great staffs and will be very well prepared. Advantage Even.

Intangibles- Maryville put West out of the playoffs last season, so I think that they will want to advenge that loss. Plus it's at Morristown. Advantage West.

Summary- This is a classic early season match-up. West will be hungry to advenge last season's loss in the playoffs. Maryville will be better prepared to face West than the first time last season. Maryville must take care of the ball and Cade must play well. West must be more balanced to move the ball on Maryville. Turnovers and who wants it the most will be critical in this game. Can Maryville's starters play an entire game, since all their regular season games and their scrimmages have been over early? A lot of questions will be answered Friday night and both teams will learn a lot from this game. Weaknesses and areas to improve on will be identified after the game, which will benefit both teams later in the season. My guess is Maryville by 7, if Thompson plays well. If not, West will beat Maryville in the regular season for the second consecutive year. Sorry about the "soliloquie". Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 9-15-02 6:00P]

Posted by STARSNBARS:

I think this will be a very interesting game, and like most everyone else has stated, probably not the last these two will see of each other. I , as a Maryville fan and alum, have the utmost respect for West and their program. I think both teams are loaded and although I haven't seen West this season, I'll try to break it down by position. Now this is just my opinion:

QB- Have to go with West. Southerland has more experience, but Cade will be very good in the future.

RB- West has 2 big backs in Rucker and Davis, along with a good FB in Shockley. Maryville has Stewart and McCord and they've only played about 5 1/2 quarters in the first 3 games. Byner and others have been impressive in mop up duty. Slight advantage to Maryville.

WR- West has Lawson leading their WR receiver rotation. Maryville returns all 3 starters from last season. Advantage Maryville.

OL- West has some big returning starters lead by Fowler and the big OT. Maryville returns 4 or 5 starters and a load of experience. Advantage Maryville.

DL- West has Brandon Fanney leading the charge at DE and I hear he has been impressive. West is very solid up front. Maryville returns Big Cole McKinney at DT and Hodge at DE. Advantage Even.

LB- West lost their good interior LBers from last season, but are very good this season anyway with Al Mia. Maryville returns Tipton and Rang. Oliver has done a very good job in Colton's place. Advantage Maryville.

DB- Larue Isom returns to spearhead the West secondary. Maryville returns Russell Clement. Slight advantage to West.

Kicking game- Maryville has looked so-so in their kicking game so far. Kick-off coverage must improve as well as field goal accuracy. West returned a punt for their only score last season in the playoff game. Advantage West.

Coaching- Both teams have great staffs and will be very well prepared. Advantage Even.

Intangibles- Maryville put West out of the playoffs last season, so I think that they will want to advenge that loss. Plus it's at Morristown. Advantage West.

Summary- This is a classic early season match-up. West will be hungry to advenge last season's loss in the playoffs. Maryville will be better prepared to face West than the first time last season. Maryville must take care of the ball and Cade must play well. West must be more balanced to move the ball on Maryville. Turnovers and who wants it the most will be critical in this game. Can Maryville's starters play an entire game, since all their regular season games and their scrimmages have been over early? A lot of questions will be answered Friday night and both teams will learn a lot from this game. Weaknesses and areas to improve on will be identified after the game, which will benefit both teams later in the season. My guess is Maryville by 7, if Thompson plays well. If not, West will beat Maryville in the regular season for the second consecutive year. Sorry about the "soliloquie". Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 9-15-02 6:00P]

lengthy, but it's nice to see someone look at the stats and take into consideration everything rather than an extreme like or dislike (thetruth11) for a certain team, very nice post and no doubt about the prediction for a good game

*sidenote* not trying to take away from the excellent post, but the LBs are Caleb Goforth (49), Emanuel Frederick (42) and Tim Weatherall (30), "Al Mia" is the 47 this year and is a fullback, i believe you were thinking of last year's 47 in Brandon Reece who did go all-state

[Edited by GoodSpeed03 on 9-15-02 6:34P]