Best player in region 1 all classes!!!

bulldog787

i would say cross and lyle both are good players as well as others in the league. both do different things for their teams so i don't think you can look at 1 certain area that these players do. look at the over all performance and i would agree cross is ahead of the pack for now anyway it is still a long season. any other suggestions?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross is definitely the best of these. The interesting part of it to me is you guys have the AAU players picked as the top and none of them led their teams at the Hardees.

Lyle has to learn to play with someone on him. He took himself out of two games with bad fouls.

Cross was the best of the group but got overshadowed by a teammate.

Garland just does not have it. I thought Tartleton would make them better but I think they are worse this year than last. He has him out at the 3 point line at times. Just lob it up and let him dunk it. He has no footwork and gets pushed around by guys half his size.

We will see how it works out. Right now I think you have to put Hayden Chandley from Boone in the ranks. He has averaged 20 points a game in the first games.

guys i have seen most of these boys play, know most of them personally, the best of the lot may have

went down to a season ending knee injury mon night, kurt brooks of cocke co. he had only played 4 games in early season but against excellent competion had 21 p and 8 boards against lenoir city,

18 p and 9 boards against db, 18 p and 11 boards against tenn high, won all those games. he will be back next year tho

Boone has a three sport player that did what you are saying is the best in the NET against 3 of ya'lls top 12 players in Hayden Chandley. He has played against Unicoi, East, Crockett, and Chucky Doak and averaged 20 pts.

this is true but like i said what has he done to help his team win? there is more to it than just score points!!! cross has made players on his team look better and play better just like the hardees. he didn't lead the team in scoring but what about other areas of the game. garland has got to get tougher and needs the ball more. lyle needs to step up and be a leader for his team to win games as well but this is my opinion if don't coach these kids.

he was on cross as well as gray. so what was the final outcome east by how many? so who helps their team more. how many assist, rebounds or turnovers do these players have to help their teams. it isn't only about points!!! it takes 5 and they all need to help out for the team to win not just 1 player. i think only a few can help their team and include their team mates and that is what makes a team winners.

i agree cross didn't cause east to win that night but he also didn't cause them to lose. like fisherman1 said earlier a good player shouldn't have to be the leading scorer for his team to win. the player that was mvp of the hardees didn't score many points against central the other night but east still won the game and he is a good player. i think they need to be good at all things of the game and all these players have things to work on to go farther but the conferences at getting ready to start so 3 more months to worry about who is the best!!! good luck to all east tn teams.