Blackman Football

If you ask me, I wouldn't get to giddy about how they have performed, given who they have scrimmaged.I heard they barely beat Gallatin by two points, and they lost their best defensive players last year in Patton and Bowers.They were all over the field.Maybe they get siegel again, because it is a home game, but Oakland and then a team they have never beaten, Riverdale.Maybe next year, if Shad sticks around

All blackmanfootball23 did was make a comment about Blackman looking impressive. I don't think he proclaimed them state champions yet. Also, Blackmans 1st team dominated Gallatins 1st team 21 - 7 and it looked worse than that. But none of us can really tell by these scrimmages how good or bad a team may be but I would rather look impressive than not look impressive. Also, it is a new era at Blackman. I hope all of Rutherford county continues to disrespect Blackman because it may just come back to bite you and it might just be "this" year.

evryone on here always talks about the preseason like it means anything. all you see on here is numbers 21-7 is nothing i want to see a team blow a great team out in a preseason game like if blackman went to riverdale and scrimmaged them and put up 21 then i would be impressed but it was only bga which had a great season last year but thats the past and gallatin... there a joke a bunch of fat kids that need to be more talented ok anyways numbers are nothing. i played for smyrna the first year we won state and guess what we got killed in all of our scrimmages. and we come back to win state and defeat the only two teams that beat us so numbers are nothing lets just see what they do when the lights are on friday nights. thats the only thing that matters right now.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

They are not a finished product, but this team is pretty darn good to the trained eye. Blackman has balance and they have a staff that has been there/ done that. They have had the talent base there for 2-3 years now, the previous staff just did not have the ability to put it all together or the clout to make the kids there believe in the staff.

Shad just has to show off those two rings from Smyrna and the buy-in is immediate. I'm a Rutherford County football fan....not tied to any particular school in the area, and I can tell you that I have seen Smyrna, Oakland, Siegel, and Blackman............and TODAY (things can change), I think Blackman impressed me the most.

Oakland is really good defensively....but they are still lacking on O some. They aren't near as diverse offensively as Blackman is. I could see Oakland and Blackman playing the same game they played last year, except it will be Shawn breaking that one 60 yarder that could be the difference.

Guys,

They are not a finished product, but this team is pretty darn good to the trained eye. Blackman has balance and they have a staff that has been there/ done that. They have had the talent base there for 2-3 years now, the previous staff just did not have the ability to put it all together or the clout to make the kids there believe in the staff.

Shad just has to show off those two rings from Smyrna and the buy-in is immediate. I'm a Rutherford County football fan....not tied to any particular school in the area, and I can tell you that I have seen Smyrna, Oakland, Siegel, and Blackman............and TODAY (things can change), I think Blackman impressed me the most.

Oakland is really good defensively....but they are still lacking on O some. They aren't near as diverse offensively as Blackman is. I could see Oakland and Blackman playing the same game they played last year, except it will be Shawn breaking that one 60 yarder that could be the difference.

Keep in mind in the preseason, teams try to tweak what can be better. Oakland made its bones last year running the ball right down your throat and making sure you knew about it as well. With Christian Adams taking the snaps, T Mayberry running the football, and an offensive line that returns a majority of its key players in that run, including a receiving core that is just a capable as any, I like where Oakland stands offensively.

As they proved last year, Great Defense > Great Offense every single time

Easy big fella, I think the people are reacting to the first three series on Friday against the wave.

If (and that is a huge word) that effort and focus that showed up Friday night shows up the Inferno one week from this Friday then the Inferno will be a fun place to be.

Holla, holla back!

It's sooooo close you can smell it, lets get it on!

"As they proved last year, Great Defense > Great Offense every single time."

So true

Defense wins championships; a great defense can stop the other team from scoring, give your offense better field position, plus a great D could rack some TD's as well.

Of course Oakland doesnt have the talent on offense like last year but deffense is doing pretty well this offseason. Prediction: Oakland will lose two regular season games then run into a team with both a great offense and defense in either 3rd round or semi-finals and lose. Or maybe the regular season will give them enough time to clean up the offense and look to defend their title at TTU.

As for Blackman they could do very well this season but all the teams is district 7 are promising and a couple of good teams are going to suffer untill they become great. Give Blackman one or two years with this Head Coach they will turn it around. :twisted:

"As they proved last year, Great Defense > Great Offense every single time."

So true

Defense wins championships; a great defense can stop the other team from scoring, give your offense better field position, plus a great D could rack some TD's as well.

Of course Oakland doesnt have the talent on offense like last year but deffense is doing pretty well this offseason. Prediction: Oakland will lose two regular season games then run into a team with both a great offense and defense in either 3rd round or semi-finals and lose. Or maybe the regular season will give them enough time to clean up the offense and look to defend their title at TTU.

As for Blackman they could do very well this season but all the teams is district 7 are promising and a couple of good teams are going to suffer untill they become great. Give Blackman one or two years with this Head Coach they will turn it around. :twisted:

Last year, Oakland downright struggled on offense through a large part of the season, and then clicked when they had to. This year you are going to see a more balanced Oakland attack, which coincides with the developement of QB Christian Adams. I think Oakland will lose a few games as well, but I think they are just as good as they were last year, but back to Blackman......

I will say from what little I have seen from the Blaze this year they are drastically improved. The athletes have always been there, but this year they look alot more organized and atleast all headed in the same direction. I am going to try and not get to worked up after a few scrimmages, because if we all remember Blackman has looked good in the past during the pre-season then laid an egg when the lights came on.

Me personally, I am licking my chops. I have been around this program for years and I have never seen better organization, more energy and excitement, staff included, even the horn blowing that keeps practice on schedule. All really good stuff.

I love (mancrush) coach Shad (WOW). It's no wonder he has had success wherever he has been. If not for Riverdale he may even have a couple more rings. That being said I wanted to share with you some of the speech he gave the kids as they broke camp, and I paraphrase...

(on the fifty yard line of the game field seniors in front) "this football program has been laughed at and an afterthought for years, a reputation of not living up to the hype, great athletes off the field, but when the lights come on... but if you guys will pull together and put self aside and play as one you can change that and when people talk of Blackman Football there will no longer be laughing and snickering but respect".

Guys I tell you I wanted to suit it up and get it on. I believe they know where they have been and better yet where they're at and where there going.

I believe when your dealing with kids the first game you have to win is between the ears, I believe Blackman is getting there and I believe the guy they have is the right guy to get that done. The battle is for the mind and the one wins that battle will control the actions and the actions will control the outcome, not only true for kids but for us adults as well.

10 days away, can you smell it yet, can you smell the grass, the grill thats the football smell, can you hear the band, the sounds of thundering cleats, the whistle blowing.....lets get it on!!!!

mykidsdad, I gotta say your post kinda gave me some of those butterflys people talk about. haha I will agree with you on one thing, the feel around that program kind of reminds me of the feel that program had in the early years.(2000-2002) The teams back then played with a chip on their shoulder, like they had something to prove. Everybody involved, from the players to the coaches, kind of felt like they were laughed at whe they decided to leave and come take a chance to build a program from scratch. Those years were fun. But Ive felt like as good as those years were it might have set the program back in the long run. I felt like the bar was set so high for such a young program (23 wins in 3 years, 2 straight playoff appearances), that the next batch of kids that came through just took it for granted that they would get there too. They didnt realize the hard work and dedication it took from EVERYBODY involved to build a foundation like that. Not many programs anywhere can say they had that type of success in the first 3 seasons EVER.

But as a former player and graduate, I do hope that tradition is brought back to the program. And last but not least, can we PLEASE bring back the blue helmets with the "Flaming B's" its tradition!!! haha