Blackman Football

fmrqb02, thanks for the kind words. I have herd of a logo change, but not sure of the look, have not seen it. In life we can only look back and move forward, can't move back. I believe and have told countless others the atmosphere that exist here is second to none. The last thing our adversaries want is for this thing to get turned around, because if it do......

it's gonna get hot up in here"

Only 9 days till Christmas, hope I'm on the good list, lets get it on, blow the whistle, ring the dang bell.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personally, I am licking my chops. I have been around this program for years and I have never seen better organization, more energy and excitement, staff included, even the horn blowing that keeps practice on schedule. All really good stuff.

I love (mancrush) coach Shad (WOW). It's no wonder he has had success wherever he has been. If not for Riverdale he may even have a couple more rings. That being said I wanted to share with you some of the speech he gave the kids as they broke camp, and I paraphrase...

(on the fifty yard line of the game field seniors in front) "this football program has been laughed at and an afterthought for years, a reputation of not living up to the hype, great athletes off the field, but when the lights come on... but if you guys will pull together and put self aside and play as one you can change that and when people talk of Blackman Football there will no longer be laughing and snickering but respect".

Guys I tell you I wanted to suit it up and get it on. I believe they know where they have been and better yet where they're at and where there going.

I believe when your dealing with kids the first game you have to win is between the ears, I believe Blackman is getting there and I believe the guy they have is the right guy to get that done. The battle is for the mind and the one wins that battle will control the actions and the actions will control the outcome, not only true for kids but for us adults as well.

10 days away, can you smell it yet, can you smell the grass, the grill thats the football smell, can you hear the band, the sounds of thundering cleats, the whistle blowing.....lets get it on!!!!

You might as well take out Riverdale and sub in Oakland :roflol:

"You might as well take out Riverdale and sub in Oakland"

Ah grasshopper, life is the sound of one hand clapping. We see clearly now, take the pebble from my hand. We must take game one at a time. We play to win the game. Practice, practice who needs practice. They was who we thought they was.

We never lose game only run out of time.

One week, it's getting gigidy. Anybody seen my chinstrap!

"You might as well take out Riverdale and sub in Oakland"

Ah grasshopper, life is the sound of one hand clapping. We see clearly now, take the pebble from my hand. We must take game one at a time. We play to win the game. Practice, practice who needs practice. They was who we thought they was.

We never lose game only run out of time.

One week, it's getting gigidy. Anybody seen my chinstrap!

Thats quite a turn around after I have seen the entire sidelines praying for the time to end in some games. :bored:

Some of the games in the past with R'dale were nasty when it came to the points spread.

The way this one was set up and the way it played out would make it difficult to put any stock on what actually went on on the field. Both teams first teamers moved the ball pretty well first couple series, but subs were put in pretty fast. From what I saw Blackman played it very close to the vest. Called maybe four different plays and no cover two routs against BA's cover two defenses. As I said in my previous posts in a game like this getting a read will be very difficult because the goal was not to see how the first teamers would perform but number one leave healthy and number two see where you at in the two and three deep depth charts. I will say this BA is a very good team with a very nice facility, the new field house is unbelievable and if you get a chance to check it, it's worth the price of admission.

5 Days away, almost home.... anybody seen my ace bandages