Clinton vs Webb Scrimmage

coonhunter292

Webb outscored Clinton 4-2 varsity. The first was a swap of 10 play series and Webb scored two times in their 20 offensive plays. Clinton did not score. Then came the down and distance part of the scrimmage and it was 2-2. Clinton had to adjust to the wing-T and Webb has some excellent backs and are physical. I think my son said Clinton coaches were using the first part of the scrimmage to adjust to the offense Webb runs.

Webb Freshman dominated Clinton, but Clinton's ace is playing with the varsity. They played this between the 10-play and down and distance scrimmage sessions.

I know the way Webb executes they will give people fits. The Soph. RB is the real deal.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ballcoach I saw it the same way you did. When I saw Clinton's players I knew it was going to be a tough and physical scrimmage. Both teams really went after it and made some very good plays. I thought Clinton started slowly and were caught off guard by Webb's execution on offense and overall team speed. Clinton settled down and played very good football in the down & distance portion of the scrimmage.

I thought Clinton had a ton of athletes on the field. Obviously the QB is special, the hoss at RB played very well and the TE should have a huge year. Both of their lines were big, strong and athletic with mean streaks. I honestly don't know how Webb was able to battle as well as they did on the lines. I believe Webb's line really played well and worked as a unit to execute their offense.

Webb has some good RBs that can really fly. QB play was very solid and their defense really brought the fight to Clinton.

I've seen several scrimmages over the years and this one tonight was by far the most impressive one I can remember just from the standpoint of two tough teams that left it all on the field. I lot of fun to watch and I expect Clinton to have a great year. They are very talented.

ballcoach I saw it the same way you did. When I saw Clinton's players I knew it was going to be a tough and physical scrimmage. Both teams really went after it and made some very good plays. I thought Clinton started slowly and were caught off guard by Webb's execution on offense and overall team speed. Clinton settled down and played very good football in the down & distance portion of the scrimmage.

I thought Clinton had a ton of athletes on the field. Obviously the QB is special, the hoss at RB played very well and the TE should have a huge year. Both of their lines were big, strong and athletic with mean streaks. I honestly don't know how Webb was able to battle as well as they did on the lines. I believe Webb's line really played well and worked as a unit to execute their offense.

Webb has some good RBs that can really fly. QB play was very solid and their defense really brought the fight to Clinton.

I've seen several scrimmages over the years and this one tonight was by far the most impressive one I can remember just from the standpoint of two tough teams that left it all on the field. I lot of fun to watch and I expect Clinton to have a great year. They are very talented.

That was the hardest hitting scrimmage i have seen in a long time....lol! I thought that it was going to get out of hand a couple of times, but the players just got back up and went back to the huddle and ready for the next play. Webb looked very impressive and im sure they will have a fantastic year!

Wow! That was a good scrimmage. WEBB looked a lot stronger than I had given them credit for especially on offense. Information above is correct about how the scrimmage went. It was 2-0 WEBB before you could blink....in the end it was just a scrimmage. Did anyone think that the defenses were a little soft at times? Maybe it was just too strong of offensive display by both teams? In the first game Halls plays Clinton and Webb plays Central. Good luck to Halls and Central...they are going to need it.

Did anyone think that the defenses were a little soft at times?

Both defenses did give up some big plays but the way they both hit and how aggressive they were I wouldn't say they were soft by any means. Clinton's defense was a little confused at times early in the scrimmage with Webb's offense. If you haven't faced the wing-t very often it can drive you crazy. Not taking anything away from Webb's offense, I thought they displayed a very good running game with a solid passing attack that kept Clinton a little off balance with precision execution. Neither team backed down and really went all out.

In a real game... a matchup between these two teams would be very close. Even though Webb outscored Clinton 4-2 they were both very evenly matched.

I keep thinking what a great scrimmage this was for both teams. By far the most physical I've seen in a long, long time. Hopefully no serious injuries for either team. Webb had a couple of lineman who got banged up while Clinton had a couple as well including the QB who was limping when he left the field after the scrimmage although I never noticed him favoring his leg at anytime during the scrimmage.

Wow...We just got spanked by Webb last night...I hope our crazy ranking is not going to our heads! The Webb offense picked our defense apart all night...The QB from Webb was accurate as heck..(just a Junior)...outshined our QB last night...Our QB threw 2 costly interceptions, one in the end zone and one close to it...and a lot of missed passes due to the ball being thrown way too hard at a close range...If any team that plays us is smart, they will run the offense that Webb ran...the Clinton Coaches and defense were so confused it seemed and didn't adjust...I will have to admint that Webb was the real deal..with those two running backs, which I heard were just freshman and sophomore...and the QB, they gave us a fit! Chapman was MVP for us..tough player. Hazelhurst was not effective on offense, but they didn't run him like they should have..??..he was tough on Defense for sure..I hope that we also learn some disicipline...personal foul calls cost us a TD...just stupid..that will cost you games...control your anger!! Hats off to Coach Herrell...he did seem to at least try to disicipline while coaching...but seemed to get an angry look from Shattuck when he tried to...that's a shame..we need that! Good Luck to Webb...and Clinton...get to work!

I agree Webb's offense looked pretty good last night. You are correct, one WB is a sophomore and the other is a freshman. The FB was a senior. In Webb's offense the FB trap is usually a very effective play but Clinton shut it down completely. The WBs were killing Clinton. The sophomore WB was getting big yards by making quick cuts and accelerating through small seems while the freshman WB was just beating them to the edge with pure speed. Webb's QB played very good except for one pick which I'm not sure if the receiver blew the route/read or not and some mishandled center exchanges.

Clinton's TE is very good. He played great last night and if he doesn't get at least 5-10 catches/game something is wrong. The big RB ran pretty hard but seemed to go down pretty easy. I expected him to be dragging Webb defender for plenty of yards after first contact but he didn't. I know Webb's defense isn't huge at all but they flat out put their hats on people last night! He should have run the ball more to get a rhythm and wear down Webb's defenders. I thought the QB showed some flashes and was hurt by receivers dropping the ball somewhat. I didn't think he was throwing it too hard at all. Defensively, Clinton was very active and physical. They will have a tough time with an offense that can present two speedy backs as options. Facing a predominantly one-back offense in a pro set they should do just fine. Their team speed in the d-line and LB hurt them a little last night. However, their DBs I thought played very well except for a couple of busted coverages. Also, they had one DB who caught the sophomore Webb WB from behind which I have never seen happen. Whoever he is, he's got some serious speed. I agree that Clinton had a couple of costly penalties due to lack of discipline which needs to be corrected however they were pretty frustrated by Webb's ability and it showed sometimes.

Don't worry, Clinton will be just fine. They have too many athletes all over the field to not be successful. I wouldn't say Webb spanked Clinton at all. Instead, I think Clinton was surprised that Webb showed up and played as physical as they did. I'm not sure Clinton was expecting that style of play from a small private school.

Clinton will be fine...I think it was good that they got beat because they need to get the minds right...They know now that they can be beat and will get beat if they dont show up...THey just didnt show up last night and if they would have it would have been a blowout...webb has a heck of a team and coaching staff and that showed last night. I expect they will go deep in the playoffs this year..As for Clinton I dont think dragon fans should worry but be happy beacasue its sometimes good for a awesome team to have a let down in the pre-season because it will get there heads screwed on straight. Clinton needs to Let #2 have the ball more because he opens up the passing game and stone was right on the money as far as passing...The WR just couldnt catch last night and they need to make those plays...as far as this season I still think Clinton will be the team to beat in their region with AC Powell or Halls coming up behind them....Good luck this season Webb

I don't think anyone is giving webb's D enough credit they played outstanding last night and even though they failed to get of the field on third down several times i still believe they dominated clintons offense. Also webb's linebacker play was outstanding last night. Berube and Cambell Webb's two "know" LB'S played great but Waters also stepped it up big last night and showed he could play flew to the ball and was all over Clintons QB as well as RB. Expect big things out of the webb D this year!!!