Franklin Rebel vs. Battle Ground Academy Wildcats

kingz615

Yea..and this years line may not be as experienced as last years,

but they are bigger and with 1 returning starter and others that did

get some time on the feild..

i do not think that the O-Line will be a problem at all for the Rebels this year.

They may have some weak spots on the feild at times this year but the O-line will be a stong suit

for the rebels this year that not everyone will be expecting.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it finally time to stop talking about "09" because it is suddenly upon us. The future is here... and what does it hold? We have the Franklin Rebels going up against the Wildcats of BGA for the first week of the season. Some have called this the battle for Mack Hatcher, but many might think of this game as THE high school versus THE private school.

Its kind of odd being on this side of the argument...

I have been a long time observer of Coach T, but I have finally decided to voice my opinions about our beloved county and their football programs.

First I would like to say that I am pretty disappointed in Kingz's first post of the season. I am more used to you "bringing the heat" to the vaunted Franklin Rebels. I guess getting smacked in the mouth at the end of last season by Franklin being the state runner-ups has silenced the once pessimistic fan? Also, who in the world has ever refered to BGA as THE private school? I'm sorry when was their last state championship? How many have they won? Nevertheless, that is neither here nor there. Now on to the current situation, Franklin vs BGA

Through all of our recent readings with Coach T and the Tennessean discussing the schedule "issue" of the season, I wonder how the current administration feels about Franklin playing against not only BGA, but their former head coach, Tim Johnson. Seems like a lose - lose situation for the Rebels and win - win for BGA.

Although I only hear snippets here and there about the Wildcats, I haven't really heard all that much about them so far this season. And who in the world cares how their freshman team, or whoever, matched up against some other team in the boro? Had it been varsity getting beat, that would be a differenst story. I will say this, I know what type of program Coach Johnson typically runs, so I wouldn't be surprised if BGA comes out and busts Franklin in the mouth and just keeps coming at them. However, if the former posts are acurate, I wouldn't sleep too easy if they have that many underclass men in their starting lineup and as backups.

As for the Rebels, well, we all know about Ford / Lee / Dye. But how will Ford stack up this week since he has been injury plagued for most of the season. And does Lee have the gas to play both ways? Don't know too much on Dye, but hopefully this season may show something. Yes big #78, Elisha Anderson is a great returner on the OL, but last I check there are 5 people on the O-line, and each time I see the Rebels it seems like they have a hard time deciding who will start where. As for "Little G" (as he was so affectionatly called in the Tennessean) seems like all he needs to know how to do is take a snap and get it to one of the prestigous 3, but that might just be too simplified for this offense. As for the defense, seems like another year to patch together a starting group. The main returners seem to be at the DL, but outside of that, it makes you wonder. Just hope that the WR for the other team aren't over 6' tall, that's all Im saying.

All in all, I'm not too sure what type of teams will show up on Friday night, but if you're looking for an interesting Wilco pillow fight, might want to show up for this one.

Just as BGA's middle school team gave up 42 points in a scrimmage recently to a public school team in Rutherford County that hasn't won a regular season game in 3 years, their nearby public school will give their varsity a beating similar to what a narc at a biker rally would endure. FHS by 4 td's.

:thumb::thumb:

FYI, the BGA middle school team beat Freedom 14 - 6 last Thursday. Now what is your point? :D

Just as BGA's middle school team gave up 42 points in a scrimmage recently to a public school team in Rutherford County that hasn't won a regular season game in 3 years, their nearby public school will give their varsity a beating similar to what a narc at a biker rally would endure. FHS by 4 td's.

:lol::lol:

FYI, the BGA middle school team beat Freedom 14 - 6 last Thursday. Now what is your point? :roflol:

Ok drop the stupid middle school s*** dry.gif , what the heck does that have to do with the teams as they are now? Nothing. This is not for middle school football unless you want coacht to add that :lol:

For Mackbrown:

If you have seen these guys run the ball theeeeeyyyyy might be able to make ALL 11 miss on the field. I have been to all of the scrimmages and sometimes the line had some miscues (so it looks like) and these backs should have been stopped for losses and they can turn them into 10 yard gains and a touchdown... all I can say is amazing.

And from what I head "Little G" might have more football knowledge than some of the posters on here, and if you remember Clayton says the same thing in that same article.

Good luck to both of these Wilco teams.

"little G"

or as Franklin knows him Queef..

is a very smart player from what has been seen

in the scrimmages..

he may not have the experience to always make the

best throws.. but i do not beleive he will make very many stupid throws this year

and with the size of our O- line he will most of the time have a decent amout

of time in the pocket.

dont get me wrong, the rebels will run run run right over everyone

but just when no one expects it they will be capable of a

big pass gain

dry.gif Well I must admit, I'm a little disappointed in this message board. You would think that two of the oldest schools in the midstate would be able to draw a little bit more attention and hype. Not to mention that they are across the street from each other and BGA's HC was at FHS when they went to the state championship in '04.

Good luck to Coach J and BGA

Rebels, you better bring the wood come Friday and show up to play 4 quarters!!

as a Williamson County resident it is fun to keep up with all the schools close by, but honestly who is really talking about BGA, they have been a non-factor for to long.

As for some of these posts by Franklin students, I sure as heck hope they do not represent the spelling prowess of the rest of the school...

I will be at the game to cheer for the Rebels, but I dont really expect it to be much of a game.

as a Williamson County resident it is fun to keep up with all the schools close by, but honestly who is really talking about BGA, they have been a non-factor for to long.

As for some of these posts by Franklin students, I sure as heck hope they do not represent the spelling prowess of the rest of the school...

I will be at the game to cheer for the Rebels, but I dont really expect it to be much of a game.

BGA won 3 state championships in the 90's and three this decade with the last coming in 2003. They won eight games last season and lost to the state champions in the playoffs. However, they are certainly a big underdog in the game Friday night.