Catholic @ Rhea

RheaCo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Rhea returns six on each side of the ball. Last year's seniors will be hard to replace (Moffett, Brown, Revis, Walker, and even Davis), but I think Cam can step up and lead the Evensville boys through this rough schedule. We appear to be pretty young this year, I just hope we can make it through the schedule with a good enough record to make the playoffs. As the Times-Free Press preview said in "By the numbers," Rhea has missed the playoffs 0 times this decade. Let's hope we keep that trend going!

RheaCo, what time is kickoff Friday?

Here are directions from Knox Catholic to Bill Horton Field for you guys coming from Knoxville.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Knoxvil ... d&2z=37332

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zak was forced to retake his junior year classes. He is younger than many of the people in the grade he was forced to move to last year. I think because of his horrific injury-the 2+ surgeries, months of incredible rehab, and workouts to get him back up to the shape he was in really consumed a lot of his time while he didn't go to school. just for those who don't know the specifics of the injury, i believe it tore three ligaments in his knee, dislocated it, and dislocated his hip. could be wrong, but thats just what I heard. I hope its completely cleared up now. And good reports Rhea Co.

Wow! Sounds like the injury was a lot worse than what I had heard. Thanks everyone for the information. I was just curious, it's very rare to hear a story like Tait's.

Yeah it was horrible honestly. probably the worst injury i've personally seen in football. But he's battled. Shows a lot about his character in my opinion. Also about Zach Vann, (#2 who got hurt last year) he wasn't able to pull a "medical redshirt" like Tait because (i could be wrong but someone told me this) that you have to tear more than one ligament to ask for an additional year of eligibility. In this case, Zach tore his ACL in the first game against morristown west and was out for the season. However it was less than a year after he tore the ACL in his other knee.

Doesn't think it has anything to do with the number of ligaments you tear. Vann was a senior. The main reason Zak was able to do it had as much to do with the fact he had not attended x number of days that school year which I believe was less than 20-30. If he had exceeded the 30 days in school time period, it would likely have not been an option. I think you would also have to look at the viability of the level they would have continued their college careers. It makes sense to take the red-shirt as a junior if you are being looked at as a high-level D1 prospect vs. taking a red-shirt as a senior that would have realistically been a D2 prospect at best.

Kick off is 7:30 PM Friday night. I think the Dayton Herald is putting out its Spirit of Autumn section tomorrow so that shoudl give some details about the team. Also, check out the Rhea County thread because Rhea Co. put a full team summary there. Good reading.

I love reading the Spirit of Autumn that the Herald puts out every year. It is always filled with great information on the middle school programs and the high school. That is all correct about the six returning starters on offense and defense, and yes we are alittle young in some areas. However, the younger guys have been pretty impressive this preseason.

Doesn't think it has anything to do with the number of ligaments you tear. Vann was a senior. The main reason Zak was able to do it had as much to do with the fact he had not attended x number of days that school year which I believe was less than 20-30. If he had exceeded the 30 days in school time period, it would likely have not been an option. I think you would also have to look at the viability of the level they would have continued their college careers. It makes sense to take the red-shirt as a junior if you are being looked at as a high-level D1 prospect vs. taking a red-shirt as a senior that would have realistically been a D2 prospect at best.

I believe they lost Tait on week 3 against livingston and Vann week 0 or 1 against Morristown West. I really would like to know why Vann couldnt get the extra year of eligibility but Tait did. I don't think it was for college purposes, Vann just loved to play the game so much, he would have done anything to have that senior year back.

Here's an article i found about Tait if anyone's interested. It says when he withdrew from school, he was able to receive two semesters of athletic eligibility.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2008/mar/01/tait-to-get-more-time-after-severe-knee-injury/

But enough about these two. Rhea county will be a good test for the Irish. I'm excited to see how the spread works for them in a real game. Hopefully ball protection will be a non-issue and the performance at the jamboree will give them a little fire to perform to their potential.

RheaCo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Rhea returns six on each side of the ball. Last year's seniors will be hard to replace (Moffett, Brown, Revis, Walker, and even Davis), but I think Cam can step up and lead the Evensville boys through this rough schedule. We appear to be pretty young this year, I just hope we can make it through the schedule with a good enough record to make the playoffs. As the Times-Free Press preview said in "By the numbers," Rhea has missed the playoffs 0 times this decade. Let's hope we keep that trend going!

RheaCo, what time is kickoff Friday?

Here are directions from Knox Catholic to Bill Horton Field for you guys coming from Knoxville.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Knoxvil ... d&2z=37332

I am with you on this Rally. I hope we can keep the trend going.

Where is all the chatter this group of Rhea fans have had in the past??? It's Thursday at lunchtime and nobody is talking? How full should we expect Eagle Stadium to be tomorrow night? RheaCo, how has practice went this week?

I have heard from a couple players that a couple of seniors walked off the team this week. They said they didn't like their spot on the depth chart, or something of that matter. I also heard from another senior that Wilkerson quit. If I'm not mistaking, I thought he was slated to start at cornerback. Can I get a confirmation on these rumors that I'm hearing from the parents at work and some of the players?

I see us coming out to play tomorrow night. Hopefully, Coach Fitz and the rest of the staff have gotten the boys ready for a tough first game. We need everyone healthy and ready to go. It would be nice to send the reigning 3A state champions back to Knoxville with an L. What do you guys think; surely you all have heard things this week :ph34r:

Where is all the chatter this group of Rhea fans have had in the past??? It's Thursday at lunchtime and nobody is talking? How full should we expect Eagle Stadium to be tomorrow night? RheaCo, how has practice went this week?

I have heard from a couple players that a couple of seniors walked off the team this week. They said they didn't like their spot on the depth chart, or something of that matter. I also heard from another senior that Wilkerson quit. If I'm not mistaking, I thought he was slated to start at cornerback. Can I get a confirmation on these rumors that I'm hearing from the parents at work and some of the players?

I see us coming out to play tomorrow night. Hopefully, Coach Fitz and the rest of the staff have gotten the boys ready for a tough first game. We need everyone healthy and ready to go. It would be nice to send the reigning 3A state champions back to Knoxville with an L. What do you guys think; surely you all have heard things this week :ph34r:

Rally this is what I have heard. Ricky Jordan quit because of his depth. Farmer and Devon Johnson ( I think that's how you spell it ) quit. And Wilkerson because he wanted to do basketball.

Well I'm about ready to throw my opinion out there:

Since we've had a bit of the injury bug and few players have quit over the past few weeks, I don't see Rhea County firing on all cylinders offensively. Rice will score more than once. Cam Tallent has a decent game, but not what we would hope to see from him. Knox Catholic's new offense doesn't click, and our defense dominates.

Rhea Co 42

Knox Catholic 2

:ph34r:

Well I'm about ready to throw my opinion out there:

Since we've had a bit of the injury bug and few players have quit over the past few weeks, I don't see Rhea County firing on all cylinders offensively. Rice will score more than once. Cam Tallent has a decent game, but not what we would hope to see from him. Knox Catholic's new offense doesn't click, and our defense dominates.

Rhea Co 42

Knox Catholic 2

:ph34r:

I would say that you are throwing it out there :angry:

I see us coming out to play tomorrow night. Hopefully, Coach Fitz and the rest of the staff have gotten the boys ready for a tough first game. We need everyone healthy and ready to go. It would be nice to send the reigning 3A state champions back to Knoxville with an L. What do you guys think; surely you all have heard things this week :mellow:

Yeah it has been kind of quite, but it is only the first game. The team has looked pretty good in practice all this week and the important thing is everybody is getting or is healthy and will be ready to go tomorrow night. We should be ready for Catholic and I expect a good game out of both teams. I hope we do send Catholic back to Knoxville with a big L.