Chatt. Central vs. Sequatchie Co. @ Finley Stadium

Kryptonite11

First of all coach let me say I am not narrow minded and I do know alot about the game of football.Next I am not bad mouthing you or any of your players.I am speaking as a fan not a parent or anyone connected to the team.I come to watch the games and cheer and clap when we do somthing good and stand up and hollar when we get a bad call or spot.I am there to watch the game and not sit and socialize with everyone in the stands.I didn't mean to sound like I don't think your team has heart I meant you have a few players who seperate themselves from the others on the feild.From the stands it seems that a few of them are out there to get attention and don't care about the "TEAM" there is no "I" in team.They need unity!Again this is a fans view from the stands.As far as the game last night you can't totally blame it on penalties some of our boys didn't finish the play and made some silly mistakes.You have the potential for the best season here in a long time.You have already done wonders with the team the boys just from the stands don't seem to be giving it their all.If you can get your injured players back and take care or the attitudes you are gonna take these boys far.Another thing is it is a shame that our boys had the season they did last year and the fans still sit on their tails and do not do a better job supporting them.If you can get the fans involved more and all of your players to have the drive some of them have you could go all the way.Good luck I will be in the stands as always cheering for good stuff and yelling at the bad calls as always.Iam a true Indian fan and want to see these boys do what they have the potential to do.Take the criticisim for what its worth maybe bits and pieces can help you improve your team.And never forget your at SCHS so expect bad calls and spots thats how it will be with all the preseason hype and its aleays been that way.Again I am just a fan but a suggestion,lets get everyone fired up this "OLD" rivalry this week.Since our fans are more concerned with how we dress than how we play the game lets black out and have a community pep rally put the spotlight on each player individually and get them pumped up.Get the cheerleaders to make a few home made noise makers and things and talk to the fans about supporting our team with more than their gate admission.If these boys have roaring stands behind them I think it would help them a great deal.again not trying to be rude or mean just telling you what I see from the stands where I sit around and no one else knows anything about the game and want to gripe.I see the improvments you have made we just need to get our players in a "TEAM" state of mind and our fans involved and we can have a "GREAT" team.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all coach let me say I am not narrow minded and I do know alot about the game of football.Next I am not bad mouthing you or any of your players.I am speaking as a fan not a parent or anyone connected to the team.I come to watch the games and cheer and clap when we do somthing good and stand up and hollar when we get a bad call or spot.I am there to watch the game and not sit and socialize with everyone in the stands.I didn't mean to sound like I don't think your team has heart I meant you have a few players who seperate themselves from the others on the feild.From the stands it seems that a few of them are out there to get attention and don't care about the "TEAM" there is no "I" in team.They need unity!Again this is a fans view from the stands.As far as the game last night you can't totally blame it on penalties some of our boys didn't finish the play and made some silly mistakes.You have the potential for the best season here in a long time.You have already done wonders with the team the boys just from the stands don't seem to be giving it their all.If you can get your injured players back and take care or the attitudes you are gonna take these boys far.Another thing is it is a shame that our boys had the season they did last year and the fans still sit on their tails and do not do a better job supporting them.If you can get the fans involved more and all of your players to have the drive some of them have you could go all the way.Good luck I will be in the stands as always cheering for good stuff and yelling at the bad calls as always.Iam a true Indian fan and want to see these boys do what they have the potential to do.Take the criticisim for what its worth maybe bits and pieces can help you improve your team.And never forget your at SCHS so expect bad calls and spots thats how it will be with all the preseason hype and its aleays been that way.Again I am just a fan but a suggestion,lets get everyone fired up this "OLD" rivalry this week.Since our fans are more concerned with how we dress than how we play the game lets black out and have a community pep rally put the spotlight on each player individually and get them pumped up.Get the cheerleaders to make a few home made noise makers and things and talk to the fans about supporting our team with more than their gate admission.If these boys have roaring stands behind them I think it would help them a great deal.again not trying to be rude or mean just telling you what I see from the stands where I sit around and no one else knows anything about the game and want to gripe.I see the improvments you have made we just need to get our players in a "TEAM" state of mind and our fans involved and we can have a "GREAT" team.

I agree with some of your points, but not all. I too know football and to say that the fans don't support the team is hogwash. When you play in a big stadium like that with the fans spread out, it takes alot of noise to sound the same as in our stadium. So unless you sre one of the people going aroud town selling stuff to help raise money, helping stripe the field, donating time or money,or anything else that helps out this team, shut up. There is more than one way to support the team!!!!!!!!!!!!

I to saw the player in question not giving his all and believe me the kids saw it too. I talked to some of them after the game and they didn't like him coming out of the game with 5 or 6 minutes left in the game and pull his pads off and quit, I think Coach Barger will address that. We still had more than enough time to come back.

This was the first game and everyone will get to work on Monday to work out some of the kinks, both coaches and players.

From where I was watching the crowd sounded pretty good, except when Central had the ball for long stretches. That can take the wind out of a crowd, same as it can for a defense.

The mistakes, or at least the most glaring mistakes, others will be seen on film, were mostly by players seeing their first significant varsity action. The leading returning back from last year was unavailable, giving others the chance to show what they can do. The two fumbles led directly to touchdowns and I think as those guys get more carries it will be less likely they put the ball on the ground. The muffed punt return kept Central on the field after they'd been forced to punt, they still had to go probably 40 yards but it gave them back the momentum. The player losing the ball was misidentified in the paper this morning. On the other punt return mistake, I think the player was thinking the ball was going to die inside the 5 anyway so why not take a chance, again as he plays more games (his first since 8th grade not counting scrimmages) he'll be better able to make the quick decisions. Kickoffs into the end zone were a huge plus especially playing a team with quick returners.

I thought the players showed a lot of grit in not giving up, even after getting down 11 after the fumble return and not knowing for sure how much time was left (a clock malfunction at such a facility is ridiculous). The quarterback did a good job for the most part, had a couple of drops including one that could have been a 70 yard touchdown or at least a 40-50 yard completion, and continued to get back up after being knocked down (including a couple that maybe were a little late). Cramps finally took him out on the last play, they were a problem for both teams and I've read on here and in articles they've been a problem for a lot of teams early in the season. Most of his incompletions were late when Sequatchie basically had to throw it every play.

Central's QB is a tremendous athlete, it looked like the CC coaches basically just told him "you're going to be our offense" and he responded, going left, right, up the middle. He was slowed down some in the second half but did enough to keep Sequatchie's offense off the field. Their other backs had some good runs also but just basic stuff by the QB was the difference.

You can't just snap a finger and make the mistakes disappear but if Seq can at least cut down the number the team is capable of some good things this year.

The players want the fans to stand up and cheer,but we had nothing to cheer about tonight.People only seemed to clap for a penalty that wasn't worth clapping for!The fans from Seq. are so quiet you would think you were at church!
I agree with this part, I have actually screamed at the crowd before to get up and stand up and they think your nuts.

Last nights game goes back to the top two game maxims from General Neyland!

1.) The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

2.) Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE

Its that simple cut out the mistakes and the Indians win easily I think. I still feel its going to be a good season but next week is when the real season starts and a quest for a district title! B)

:thumb::thumb: Vanilla huh? How does it taste sweet?Bitter?Or Sour?Your team doesn't look anything like it should with the talent you have.Too much attitude and not enough heart gets you no where.Go back to fundemental football until you get some kids that want to play.You can't have just a couple who are in it mind,body,and spirit and expect to win.The players want the fans to stand up and cheer,but we had nothing to cheer about tonight.People only seemed to clap for a penalty that wasn't worth clapping for!The fans from Seq. are so quiet you would think you were at church!Hope to see improvments next week I will be in the stands winning or losing I would just rather spend my money on somthing enjoyable than watch a bunch of kids who have the drive that makes you think their parents make them play.

Good Luck!You still have a chance for a great season and I hope to see it be a good one.

This is your third post, I wish coach T had a way of weeding out the idiots before they posted on here, for the kids sake.

:thumb: This will be my 4th and final post!For your info I did attend the game however I left before the 4th qtr. even started.So point proven.I am not bad mouthing any kids.We've got a few kids out there that need intinsity not attitude.As far as the fans go ours were sitting just as close together (blue section 50 yrd line) as we are at home.I did not hear much clapping and cheering even when we had the ball,as usual I heard nothing good and only things about what was going wrong and why are they running that.I just don't feel that the fans are behind the team the way the team deserves to be supported.As far as contributing to the team I buy shirts,discount cards,sponser players in the lift a thon and attend the games and scrimages jamborees and even some practices.I understand we have young players and they will only improve (no joke) but fundementals come first and I feel that if we get back to fundementals and smash mouth knock your head off defense that I saw at the purple and gold game we could be unstoppable.Again I am not bad mouthing any kids I thought I might be able to shre my thoughts on here with out people taking it wrong but it seems people want to bad mouth each other instead of just sharing thoughts so that the coaches can see that there are people who know about football on these boards that see the improvments that they have made but know that there are more to address and think their insight might help him out.I was not being rude or ugly nor did I point out any specific player someone else did so I was not the one who would have offended that kid.Good Luck to the Indians this season hope they go all the way.I will be at every game but will no longer share my thoughts I just hope the fans would cheer instead of dressing up and socializing the players deserve better.

I think the Indians will be fine, They had some players out tha could have contributed last night and had way to many turnovers. However, i can see where the turnovers came from being the first game and in a big time stadium. Also, Seq is braking in a fairly new Def scheme ( I think some people have forgotten this) and did well against one of the most athletic players they will see all year. Good luck to the Indians nect week, if they cut out mistakes and hold on to the ball they will get the win against Grundy.

:lol: This will be my 4th and final post!For your info I did attend the game however I left before the 4th qtr. even started.So point proven.I am not bad mouthing any kids.We've got a few kids out there that need intinsity not attitude.As far as the fans go ours were sitting just as close together (blue section 50 yrd line) as we are at home.I did not hear much clapping and cheering even when we had the ball,as usual I heard nothing good and only things about what was going wrong and why are they running that.I just don't feel that the fans are behind the team the way the team deserves to be supported.As far as contributing to the team I buy shirts,discount cards,sponser players in the lift a thon and attend the games and scrimages jamborees and even some practices.I understand we have young players and they will only improve (no joke) but fundementals come first and I feel that if we get back to fundementals and smash mouth knock your head off defense that I saw at the purple and gold game we could be unstoppable.Again I am not bad mouthing any kids I thought I might be able to shre my thoughts on here with out people taking it wrong but it seems people want to bad mouth each other instead of just sharing thoughts so that the coaches can see that there are people who know about football on these boards that see the improvments that they have made but know that there are more to address and think their insight might help him out.I was not being rude or ugly nor did I point out any specific player someone else did so I was not the one who would have offended that kid.Good Luck to the Indians this season hope they go all the way.I will be at every game but will no longer share my thoughts I just hope the fans would cheer instead of dressing up and socializing the players deserve better.

I Can't figure out if Chiefbiguns main complaint is the coaching staff or the fan's social skills? Either way, if you want to give coaching tips, go see the coach in person or keep your criticism to yourself. As for the fans, Next friday, dress only in a loin cloth and bring your bow and arrow. That way we can all see what a dedicated fan you are! :roflolk:

I agree with some of your points, but not all. I too know football and to say that the fans don't support the team is hogwash. When you play in a big stadium like that with the fans spread out, it takes alot of noise to sound the same as in our stadium. So unless you sre one of the people going aroud town selling stuff to help raise money, helping stripe the field, donating time or money,or anything else that helps out this team, shut up. There is more than one way to support the team!!!!!!!!!!!!

I to saw the player in question not giving his all and believe me the kids saw it too. I talked to some of them after the game and they didn't like him coming out of the game with 5 or 6 minutes left in the game and pull his pads off and quit, I think Coach Barger will address that. We still had more than enough time to come back.

This was the first game and everyone will get to work on Monday to work out some of the kinks, both coaches and players.

The player in question didn't take his pads off to quit, he took them off because he has asthma and couldn't breathe.