Oliver Springs / Rockwood Thursday

Sandman1

You are right, it was Rockwood who scheduled a different game for week 3 and 4, the normal date that OS and Rockwood play during the regular season, due to the change in classification, and wanted OS to play week 0. OS then had to find a game to replace Rockwoods spot in week 3. And your also right. OS did not want to play week 0

Well catback Rockwood has always played Kingston week 3 and I say 2 years from now Rockwood & Oliver Springs should work something out for week 5 and Rockwood should move the Coalfield game to week 1

Maybe drop Coalfield or Wartburg and replace them with OS......or work out some kind of rotation with district 4..........i would like to keep week 1 reserved for Sweetwater if we can

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thought it was a good scrimmage, very physical, and most important no injuries. First drive Rockwood pretty much drove it down OS,s throat, very physical. Then when OS got the ball, the first couple of plays not much, until they completed a pass or two that seemed to loosen up the defence and established some rythem for OS. Second drives, pretty much the same for both teams. Third drive, OS got a stop on defence, and drove down the field but couldn't quiet punch it in. Final score was 2 - 2 on three series apiece. Had to leave before the JV finished but when I left it was 1-1.

Well I thought it was a good scrimmage, very physical, and most important no injuries. First drive Rockwood pretty much drove it down OS,s throat, very physical. Then when OS got the ball, the first couple of plays not much, until they completed a pass or two that seemed to loosen up the defence and established some rythem for OS. Second drives, pretty much the same for both teams. Third drive, OS got a stop on defence, and drove down the field but couldn't quiet punch it in. Final score was 2 - 2 on three series apiece. Had to leave before the JV finished but when I left it was 1-1.

Good recap.......and thats the way the scoring ended........i wish the varsity would have played longer.....very physical,loud pad popping hits by both teams.....the jv's,not so much........the whole scrimmage only lasted 1 hr 20 min..........the key for OS is for Miller to stay healthy because there is a huge drop-off form him to the back-ups........now go take care of business in district 4 and Rockwood will do what we can in district 3........and hope to see you in the play-offs

I agree with you Tiger24fan, it would have been nice to see a little more from the 1's, but with all the hitting going on out there I guess there's no sense in getting someone injured this close to the season opener. As far as the QB situation I'd say if something did happen to Miller then you'd probable see Rather. The other QB's are fresh & soph. they just need a little time in the weight room and a little more time to grow. You know I really thought there would be more chatter on here about this scrimmage but oh well, I'd rather it be quiet rather than some of that clutter that seems to make it's way on these post. Good luck to your Tigers and hopefully we can take care of buisness and then play a game that counts. By the way did I read the score right in the Sweetwater vs Tellico Plains game? If it's right what happened to Sweetwater?

I agree with you Tiger24fan, it would have been nice to see a little more from the 1's, but with all the hitting going on out there I guess there's no sense in getting someone injured this close to the season opener. As far as the QB situation I'd say if something did happen to Miller then you'd probable see Rather. The other QB's are fresh & soph. they just need a little time in the weight room and a little more time to grow. You know I really thought there would be more chatter on here about this scrimmage but oh well, I'd rather it be quiet rather than some of that clutter that seems to make it's way on these post. Good luck to your Tigers and hopefully we can take care of buisness and then play a game that counts. By the way did I read the score right in the Sweetwater vs Tellico Plains game? If it's right what happened to Sweetwater?

I thought the back-up QB's looked really small.....like our Fr. QB.....could be the most gifted on the team,but he barely outweighs the ball :popcorneater: ....from what i understand....Sweetwater is in total disarray.........they didn't hire a coach till like the last week of school last year and didn't have a spring practice period....now their behind the 8 ball.......we play Sweetwater Friday so we'll know if they are really that bad or if Tellico is that good....good luck to you guys