Wilson Central @ Lebanon

firstandgoal

Why was Coach Elrod not allowed to return to WC?

I also have heard that Lebanon didn't look very good in their scrimmages. The coach was quoted in the paper this week as saying "we don't have alot of team speed and we're not that big either". Not a good combination in 6A football. Add to this the fact that Lebanon's team usually isn't very deep and I just don't know what to expect this season. Just hope for the best, I guess.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Coach Elrod not allowed to return to WC?

I also have heard that Lebanon didn't look very good in their scrimmages. The coach was quoted in the paper this week as saying "we don't have alot of team speed and we're not that big either". Not a good combination in 6A football. Add to this the fact that Lebanon's team usually isn't very deep and I just don't know what to expect this season. Just hope for the best, I guess.

My son was first told that he was leaving because of health reasons, but I saw Coach Elrod shortly after that and he just laughed, and said that at his age............he only worked on (1) year contracts, and it was hard for old dogs to learn new tricks; he just said that the 2008 contract was up!

Then I later found that our head coach had decided to run a new offense, so we figured that this was the new tricks that Coach Elrod did not want to learn. I was also told by one of the asst coaches that he probably could have stayed had he wanted to, and coach the offensive line, but he knew that this would have never happened.

Yes, Dedman is THE coach that the players do have great respect for, and I do think that we will beat Lebanon.

Go WC Cats.

Glade Mom:

How do you think this new Tony Franklin offense is going to work this year? Is the personnel currently on the team well-suited to run it?

You make it sounds as though the players prefer Dedman to Aric. Is this accurate? Is this causing friction in the coaching staff?

You are asking a question about something that I know nothing about. I do know when you have the ball; it is offense; as to a Franklin offense! You would have to ask someone more informed about football.

As to friction on staff; again something I would not know anything. I have not heard that

My son especially liked Dedman and Elrod; he liked the way both coached and he said that coach Elrod was always very funny.

First of all I want to say that I really miss these two teams being in our region and schedule. We had some real barnburners over the years.

I am going with Lebanon in this one, believe it or not. I have always liked and supported WC , but I am still stinging over the way Coach Elrod was done over there. I think that this new offense they have implemented doesn't fit the personnel that they have there. I do like the defensive coach there. I can never remember that guy's name for some reason. He does a solid job and I think deserves a head job somewhere. He will be the reason that this game stays close. I think Lebanon has a lot of issues right now. Heard the head coach is now the asst principal. I don't think you can do an adequate job as a head coach and be an adminsitrator at the same time. Just too stressful, Esp at a school with a rep for having gangs and so much inner turmoil. I also heard that Lebanon has gotten drilled in all their scrimmages so far and has little depth. Might be time for a coaching change there. Too many good palyers transferrring to Friendship Christian and WC. Hope they get up the cash to fund building the new school in the near future. I predict the strongest team in that county will be MJ.

Looks like you were right 2priceless!

LHS sophomore Patrick Maynard (No. 13) went wild. He ran 14 times for 91 yards and a TD. Was 3 for 3 passing for 59 yards and two TDs. Punted six times for an average of 38.1 per and returned a kickoff 60 yards to open the second half. Wilson Central was hurt by two fumbles -- both led directly to two Lebanon touchdowns. Hunter Cranford completed 20-of-27 for 175 yards and Polle ran 13 times for 68 for WC.