Wilson Central @ Lebanon

firstandgoal

Big district 9-aaa game to get the season started for these two teams Friday night. What does everybody expect in this one? Both teams will be breaking in many new starters this year. Will the opening night of the fair have a big impact on the number of fans in the stands?

I'll say this will be a low scoring slugfest that won't be decided until very late in the game. Lebanon had a problem turning the ball over in their jamboree loss to Clarksville Northwest last week. They better get that corrected by Friday night!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. As it is at Lebanon, you have to deal with the "LIFT"! :flower:

I see some things will never die will they LOD? I guess all my 4-5a brethren will see to that! :D:D

Hey if you can do it and other teams are too stupid to challenge it, go for it! One of these days someone is going to challenge it though or have their own laptop that is on the same frequency/server.

That should be fun! :roflol::roflolk:

What is bad is the nights they could NOT even win WITH it!

First of all I want to say that I really miss these two teams being in our region and schedule. We had some real barnburners over the years.

I am going with Lebanon in this one, believe it or not. I have always liked and supported WC , but I am still stinging over the way Coach Elrod was done over there. I think that this new offense they have implemented doesn't fit the personnel that they have there. I do like the defensive coach there. I can never remember that guy's name for some reason. He does a solid job and I think deserves a head job somewhere. He will be the reason that this game stays close. I think Lebanon has a lot of issues right now. Heard the head coach is now the asst principal. I don't think you can do an adequate job as a head coach and be an adminsitrator at the same time. Just too stressful, Esp at a school with a rep for having gangs and so much inner turmoil. I also heard that Lebanon has gotten drilled in all their scrimmages so far and has little depth. Might be time for a coaching change there. Too many good palyers transferrring to Friendship Christian and WC. Hope they get up the cash to fund building the new school in the near future. I predict the strongest team in that county will be MJ.

First of all I want to say that I really miss these two teams being in our region and schedule. We had some real barnburners over the years.

I am going with Lebanon in this one, believe it or not. I have always liked and supported WC , but I am still stinging over the way Coach Elrod was done over there. I think that this new offense they have implemented doesn't fit the personnel that they have there. I do like the defensive coach there. I can never remember that guy's name for some reason. He does a solid job and I think deserves a head job somewhere. He will be the reason that this game stays close. I think Lebanon has a lot of issues right now. Heard the head coach is now the asst principal. I don't think you can do an adequate job as a head coach and be an adminsitrator at the same time. Just too stressful, Esp at a school with a rep for having gangs and so much inner turmoil. I also heard that Lebanon has gotten drilled in all their scrimmages so far and has little depth. Might be time for a coaching change there. Too many good palyers transferrring to Friendship Christian and WC. Hope they get up the cash to fund building the new school in the near future. I predict the strongest team in that county will be MJ.

Speak for yourself. I never EVER want to play Lebanon again..........

Relax OP, the coaches you have now DO know how to beat them. They did it enough at R'dale. :thumb:

I think y'alls game last year was just a lucky fluke on Lebanons part. Or some folks determination that y'all not be undefeated last year.

Well Im convinced that Lebanon is that one team that will always give Oakland fits, regardless of what kind of teams they have on the field. They simply just have our number.

I'll go with WC this week in spite of their offensive sputtering in preseason. They have the players to do well again this year. Should be a great game though for many reasons. Lebanon will be tough as always. I wish both teams the best.

Lebanon really needs and deserves a new school building. Credit the spineless county commission and non-stop local county government bickering and ineptitude for the years of no real progress for Lebanon High. I believe the people of Wilson Cty have been very capable and willing to support a new building for LHS. The money is there it just keeps being directed to lesser priorities other than a well-rounded and safe educational program.

2P, the defensive coord at WC is Brad Dedman. I agree he is a very good coach. I too believe the WC players and overall program are missing Coach Elrod. Too bad he wasn't allowed to return.