Mean Jean officially retires

meanjean

One time football guru Mean Jean Murdock, a long time supporter of Fairview football announced his retirement today during an interview with me. Mean asked me to issue this press release.

"After careful consideration, I am retiring from the internet. My attempts to become a serious fan and expert were met with horrid results and I know longer have a place in our sport. I was greeted with much disdain and calls for my dismissal so before I am forced out of my sector, I will do the honorable thing and leave.

My Fairview team has deserted me although I was the single voice who cried on their behalf last season! I am no longer needed to sing their praises since they have become successful and will no doubt walk all over Louis County this Friday night. Seeing the proverbial handwriting on the wall, I knew that after this happened, I would be no more than some distant memory.

I contacted several other Class AA teams and offered to move to their town and become their official spokesperson but was rebuked by Dresden, shooed away by Sweetwater, given zero response by Humbolt and laughed at loudly by Waverly. The greatness that once was Mean Jean is finished, and I leave now.

Thank you to my loyal supporters especially Board Guy and Stanford Trott who encouraged me in the face of great peril and stood by me during personal duress!

As I exit, I leave you with this thought... If your team is down and out and there seems no relief in sight, call me. Employ me as your mouthpiece. I work cheap.

If you have a team that seems to never be able to get over the hump, like Louis County or Columbia or Huntinton, send for me! I will come to your town and work the magic. I am a man without a home...... and now, I am gone.

meanjeanfromfairview@yahoo.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by meanjean:

One time football guru Mean Jean Murdock, a long time supporter of Fairview football announced his retirement today during an interview with me. Mean asked me to issue this press release.

"After careful consideration, I am retiring from the internet. My attempts to become a serious fan and expert were met with horrid results and I know longer have a place in our sport. I was greeted with much disdain and calls for my dismissal so before I am forced out of my sector, I will do the honorable thing and leave.

My Fairview team has deserted me although I was the single voice who cried on their behalf last season! I am no longer needed to sing their praises since they have become successful and will no doubt walk all over Louis County this Friday night. Seeing the proverbial handwriting on the wall, I knew that after this happened, I would be no more than some distant memory.

I contacted several other Class AA teams and offered to move to their town and become their official spokesperson but was rebuked by Dresden, shooed away by Sweetwater, given zero response by Humbolt and laughed at loudly by Waverly. The greatness that once was Mean Jean is finished, and I leave now.

Thank you to my loyal supporters especially Board Guy and Stanford Trott who encouraged me in the face of great peril and stood by me during personal duress!

As I exit, I leave you with this thought... If your team is down and out and there seems no relief in sight, call me. Employ me as your mouthpiece. I work cheap.

If you have a team that seems to never be able to get over the hump, like Louis County or Columbia or Huntinton, send for me! I will come to your town and work the magic. I am a man without a home...... and now, I am gone.

Mean Jean, we hardly knew ye.

[Edited by iamoz on 9-15-02 9:56P]

Posted by coacht:

If you ever decide to "unretire", and throw down the gauntlet again, there will be a place here for you.

Thank you Coach T... I have received several e-mails since my announcement but they were all correcting me on how I misspelled some names. I do have a feeler from Culman, Alabama but I prefer to stay in TN.

Posted by meanjean:
Posted by coacht:

If you ever decide to "unretire", and throw down the gauntlet again, there will be a place here for you.

Thank you Coach T... I have received several e-mails since my announcement but they were all correcting me on how I misspelled some names. I do have a feeler from Culman, Alabama but I prefer to stay in TN.

Cullman doesn't deserve you. I'm sure you will get a better offer soon. Your talents are rare, you know.

At this time last year, I made my debut and spent several weeks extolling the virutes of the Fairview Yellowjackets. Later, I quit, in protest of my name (meanjean) being stolen. But you make a vaild point I guess, another dart tossed into my injured soul.

I have always enjoyed your work and love the Owls. Maybe some day, I can come there??

It is over for me, this much is obvious... thank you for remembering me during my final night of posting.

Posted by meanjean:

At this time last year, I made my debut and spent several weeks extolling the virutes of the Fairview Yellowjackets. Later, I quit, in protest of my name (meanjean) being stolen. But you make a vaild point I guess, another dart tossed into my injured soul.

I have always enjoyed your work and love the Owls. Maybe some day, I can come there??

It is over for me, this much is obvious... thank you for remembering me during my final night of posting.

Wait, so whas going on now?? :confused:

Posted by fanman:

Maybe my memory is bad...well..not maybe...but didnt Mean Jean retire last year at about this time??

Fan(who wishes I could retire...with that 100 million Power Ball lottery)

It must be a jeanetic trait. If I remember right, didn't he reactivate when the ladies with the round ball, hit the hardwoods? :):);)

Posted by meanjean:

No No Meanie...I dont want to be the one who throws one of those final darts. I want you to unretire and come out with another top twenty...except this time I want Smith Co. ranked. I have always been peeved you only mentioned us as an after thought once. If not...come on over to Smith Co. We need all the help we can get.

Fan ;)

MeanJean:

I hope (and suspect) that you will eventually return from retirement. Many people, who initially wish to retire from the pounding of hard work and wish to heal their tortured soul, often return and find that money covers a multitude of sorrows and fills oceans of emptiness. Boxers, rock stars, burned-out journalists, etc. all eventually return for one more shot of glory and a bigger pay day.

May I suggest a new feature on CoachT, such as "The Radio Shack 2A Review With MeanJean?" I don't know if CoachT would accept money from Budweiser or Miller, but there must be a MeanJean Sponsor out there somewhere. How about the "Budweiser's MeanJean Picks of the Week?"

It won't be the same without your multi-talented presence on these boards. Very few comics can make it as one-dimensional dramatic actors, and if and when you chose to return, please come back as a comic...not a straight man. Although your football insights were considerable, your comedic talents on these boards were one-of-a kind.

If you sincerely desire to not return, will you reveal your true identity?

To steal some lines from Neil Young, I leave you with what I hope is a premature eulogy:

The king is gone

but he's not completely out of view

Is this the story

of MeanJean from Fairview?

It's better to burn out

'cause rust never sleeps

The king is gone

but he's not completely out of view.