District 4a This Year

Wartburg lost some pretty good players Chapman all dist, freels all region, Armes all region so I would say that this year will be a tough one if nobody steps up.

With that out there I think that Wartburg will be good at the end and O.S. will be also. I wouldnt be suprised to see them in the 4A finals. Then again I wouldnt be suprised to see them in the consolation game either. This year will be even from what I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District4afan Lets not count things before they happen.Any true Coalfield fan knows why the Massengill girl didnt get much playing time at all.Just kinda wonder how a kid can be the radio player of the game one night with 23 points and never see the floor for the next 5 games. Just my look at things.Half the stands talked about it all year.Something wrong with the big picture

• 3 weeks later...

I see a lot of talent this year. I think any team has a shot at the top. Oakdale however has four returning players and an amazing freshman transfer thompson. Thompson will be there starting point. We saw her play this summer in LC and she was unreal. I think with her talent and Amber Snows leadership this team will go far.

Oakdale

Oneida

Coalfield

oz

Wartburg

sunbright

I agree that Oakdale will be great and maybe the best talent in the district, but when wartburg, os, and coalfield put things in gear they could be better and Oneida has the ability to be dangerous. I will give you the freshman is very good but she is young so curb our expectations just a little. By the time she is a Jr. she will be an awesome player.

I still say that the district could end up with Coalfield on top with OS, Wartburg, and Oneida making the region. I think Oakdale is going to be very good next year!

Coalfield will be lucky to make it to the regionals again this year they fell apart last year and I hear things are no better this year.

Oakdale young but good coaching I believe they will be in the top 3 teams this year

Wartburg with the fountain girl they have some young players also but with court time they will be in the top 4 teams

OZ with 2 very good players returning from last year team even though this is a rebuilding year they will be in top 4 teams

Oneida with the talent and coaching they have I believe it will between them and Oakdale for the top spot this year.

Sunbright they are young but I think this is the year they upset some of the teams in the distict.

Jellico not sure of

Ok I had some time to look up some things on here and found who's coming back this year.

Coalfield returns everyone so I guess I will place a bet on their talent and pick them 1

Oneida according to CoachT rosters lost just about everyone

Sunbright brings back everyone so they could be pretty good

Oakdale lost pease and that will be a major blow. They truthfully will not have anyone that can replace her scoring.

OS lost everyone but 2 so they have some work to do no matter what their tradition they will need to work very hard to get back to where they want to be

Wartburg brings back 3 starters and two that I believe were all region last year. I also recognize a couple of soph. names on the roster and remember them being pretty good so I would think them to be ahead of Oakdale right now.

I do not think that Oakdale will be in the top 2. Right now I would put Coalfield, OS, and Wartburg as the top three.

Aren't Coalfield and Oakdale always the darlings of the pre-season?

Each year they are picked high and each year the likes of Oneida, OS, and Wartburg prove to be the class of 4a while they fade into the off season!

I still see OS, Oneida, Wartburg, and Coalfield as the top 4 teams. Your freshman transfer must not be that good or she would not be transfering to Oakdale!

You all will have to excuse me for making this case, but it sounds like everybody in the district has some worthy parts to put on the floor. The only team I haven't detected much hype in is Jellico. Here's my theory......if everyone has some good players, then the results this season will come down to possibly how well the teams are coached. If you go by a lot of past references in this conference, your champion is either going to be Oliver Springs or Oneida, because I don't know how many times I have heard on here about how well coached their teams are. I'm not saying there are only two good coaches in the league, I'm just saying Christopher and West are often mentioned as argueably the two strongest X's and O's bench coaches. Their teams deploy a variety of looks, both defensively and on offense, and they often use so many it is hard to prepare for everything they do.

This is just thinking out of the Box, for what it is worth, I think there are more than two good coaches in this conference.

:roflol: Kazanity :lol:

Kazam,

Who does Oneida bring back this year?

I believe that the Lady Dogs will be on top this year with a little luck. It sounds like they bring the most to the table 2 starters returning, 2 soph. that are going to play a major part and several other sound role players, 1 even started a few games last year as a freshman, 2 consecutive trips to the sub-state under their belt, and a coach that is as good as any, even if he ruffles some feathers every now and then. I can't see anyone picking them to finish below 2 in 4 A.

Next year Wartburg will be looking to rebuild but this is not next year!