District 4a This Year

:angry: Just wanting to know what everyone thinks about this year.

I think the dist will finish like this

Coalfield, best team in the region oneida - good coach,Oakdale - good coach and return many from a 20 win team a year ago,Sunbright- athletic,Wartburg - lost too much with bunch, armes, freels, chapman, and longmire but did hear they got a transfer from coalfield that is pretty interesting given some past events, O.S. - lost everyting, Jellico - not very good (not sure they are in the dist though just what i heard)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida will be ok next year and I don't think that O.S. will be as bad as everyone thinks. They are a really proud team and program. As for your thoughts on Wartburg I was looking at the roster from coacht t last year and it looks to me that they are bringing back 3 starters Bunch was just a Jr. last year.

I'm not going to pick order of finish but I think that

Coalfield

Oneida

O.S.

Wartburg all make the region tournament.

Outlaw,

Longmire is a Sr. this year also so she and bunch will be back this year. The main loss the dogs had from last year is Taleah Armes. Wartburg did get a transfer from coalfield and she is pretty good but they are losing one to Clarkrange so it will probably even out. Not sure why that one is leaving but my guess is that they have had some sort of problem with Coach Davis. Or Clarkrange has decided to start recruiting Morgan Co. again. I was told the parent had already talked to Coach Rogers and he said he would keep her and wanted her at Crange. Isn't that illegal?

I think that the district is going to be too hard to call this year and will say that outlaw is right on who makes the region but don't overlook Sunbright and Oakdale....be interesting to see what Kaz or Superdave think about things.

The girl that was at Coalfield and now at Wartburg can not play this year she has to sit out 1 year since she not moved. Who from Wartburg going to Clarkrange?

This is how I see it

Oneida - best coach in the district tough team

Oakdale- almost everyone back from last year young team that played very well

Oz- 2nd best coach in district and is reloading

Wartburg - As the season goes on they will get better

Coalfield - Lots of problems down that way

Sunbright - might surprise some teams this year

The girl that was at Coalfield and now at Wartburg can not play this year she has to sit out 1 year since she not moved. Who from Wartburg going to Clarkrange?

This is how I see it

Oneida - best coach in the district tough team

Oakdale- almost everyone back from last year young team that played very well

Oz- 2nd best coach in district and is reloading

Wartburg - As the season goes on they will get better

Coalfield - Lots of problems down that way

Sunbright - might surprise some teams this year

I basically agree with you on your picks but I would look for the Wartburg transfer to play and make an impact. The family has or is moving. I think it would all depend on who's going to Clarkrange. I heard it was one that was a freshman last year. The only ones that stood out to me was Kidd and Davidson so if they are losing one of them it could be a major problem.

Why does everyone look at West as the best coach in the District? In my opinion Christopher, Davis, Snow, and West are all about the same. I don't know if you can make a real difference between any of them. Although I would have to take Snow at the top since he has won 400+ games

Oakdale is going to be good this year. They have a great young team and an exciting new freshmen or two. I would look for them to be ahead of O.S., Wartburg, and Oneida.

I heard that one of Coalfield's best isn't playing this year. Is that th truth?

No predictions other than to say that Oakdale wins 20 if youth learns as quickly as they did last year.

How is Oneida looking for the year?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it just turned September folks, so all our insight won't amount to a hill of beans IMO! :D But since you all jumped in I suppose I will, too!

OZ - Question: How do you replace Kayla Christopher? Answer: You don't! I don't think they will fall off the map, but to achieve their usual success is going to take some doing. I don't care who the coach is....bottom line....you have to have good players to work with. The lady Bobcats can find enough good players at the school to remain "in the mix".

Oneida - They should be formitable.....return some solid underclassmen. How they jell will determine their success. West will coach them up, and I would think they have enough to be considered a contender! All these girls are solid fundamentally.....which means the basketball should be solid.

Oakdale - Snow has another spoiler for sure.....and with a little more chemistry, perhaps another contender. How they do early in district games will determine how the season should go. Team could turn out great or disappointing.....we'll see!

Coalfield - They have another solid team, even if they lost one to Wartburg. (unless it is you-know-who) I think this could actually be the team to beat, but they have shown self-destruction tendencies in the past. Will they bury their past and play in the present?

Sunbright - If you underestimate them, they are going to knock you off this year. Scary team because they might actually possess enough talent on the team to be a contender for the top four. I don't think they will win it, because they haven't experienced that in my memory. It is under rated to not understanding how to climb the mountain.....experience usually prevails!

B) Kaz B)

Oops....missed one!

Wartburg - They are going to be one of the top four. I would think Fountain will keep them up there, because she is quite possibly the best post in the District. How they do will be up to the other players on the team and with how Coach D makes the pieces fit! My guess is top four!

My order for right now:

Coalfield

Oneida

Oakdale

Wartburg

Oz

Sunbright

Jellico (if they are in it)

What a task this early! :D

Oops....missed one!

Wartburg - They are going to be one of the top four. I would think Fountain will keep them up there, because she is quite possibly the best post in the District. How they do will be up to the other players on the team and with how Coach D makes the pieces fit! My guess is top four!

My order for right now:

Coalfield

Oneida

Oakdale

Wartburg

Oz

Sunbright

Jellico (if they are in it)

What a task this early! :roflol:

I think you are crazy if you see Oakdale being above Oz and I don't think that Oakdale is ready to take a trip to the region just yet.

You may be correct YellowJacketFan96, but OZ sustained some tremendous personnal losses that are going to be hard to overcome. As I said before, you can't replace Kayla Christopher, and Hall was a pretty nifty little scorer as well. Coupled with the fact that Oakdale returns quite a few faces from a year ago, leads me to believe Coach Snow might mount a surprisingly formitable challenge with those players. As I also think, right now, all our quessing doesn't amount to a hill of beans because so much can happen from now until November. I tried to indicate how equal the field seems to be this year...I even said as much when I stated that it was concievable that Sunbright could reach the top four. (they are better than you think) And as you can see, I picked them to finish 6th!

I don't think the league will have any Superstars this year, but every team will have a lot of very solid players that will make W's hard to come by. OZ will NOT be as good as they were last season.....of that fact, I am sure. Easy folks, I didn't say they wouldn't be good....just not as good as last year. (BIG DIFFERENCE) Of course, we'll see!

:shock: KazzyKato :lol:

My prediction for this year:

First of all this year should be very interesting for district and region. Also, Coalfield has had some problems and as I've heard its not getting any better. Supposedly the Scarborough kid isn't playing, big big loss. Next, yes Oliver Springs lost two very significant players but they should be more well rounded with 2 returning players with experience and some unexperienced but talented young players. Sunbright, they have tremendously improved but as for being in the top 4 in this district, I don't see it happening. Wartburg, didn't lose much and they have Fountain who is a big player so they will be a team to watch out for. Oneida, I don't know to much about them but they may have some talent. And, Oakdale same ole same ole. I think the playing field this year will be pretty level, but I supsect some major suprises out of unexpected teams.

Sunbright-I'm not all that sure about them but hopefully they'll do good.

Coalfield-Didn't lose all that much, but if rumors are true and losing Jordan and Scarborough then they don't have much hope because both of them are big players to that team. Also, they seem to have a tough time getting along well. Maybe they will change that this year, and do well.

Oneida-Good coach, but that's about it. They lost a few so maybe the remaining kids can do good.

OZ-Also lost ALOT mainly 2 important players, but maybe Harper and Raby can hold up the fort. Young team from what i've heard, but good work ethic?

Oakdale-They have a few older ones, but depending alot on young Redmon. Any good freshman?

Wartburg-Lost main scorer, Armes, and just a few more. That's about all the lost, but they will still be a good rounded team with Founatin.

This year should be a very intersting one to watch.