District 4a This Year

The Lady Indians have a lot of interchangable parts. They will sub a lot (what else is new)( :popcorneater: ) and not skip a beat with the changes. I would think they have some exciting shooters (Bond, Lay, Yaden) and lots of quickness throughout the line-up. One thing we might lack a little in is size, but the team will rebound well because there are athletic players all through the roster! If they shoot it good they are going to be a tough W for anyone. Are they the best team.....don't know.....but they could contend if their chemistry is good. So far I've heard it has been pretty good.....so?!?!

Kazzy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be the kind of year that a bad team could go to the region and a good one could go home in early dist tourney.

I base this on the fact that nobody will be dominant and that will leave the door open to the likes of sunbright and oakdale to upset someone in a tournament situation.

Top 4 may be Coalfield, OS, Oneida, and Wartburg but none of them should rest on their seeding come tourney time.

ladycat.....with all due respect to the players on this years OS team.....your line should have read, it will be impossible to replace Kayla Christopher. I'm certain the Lady Bobcats have some very fine players this year, but they will not produce a player of Christopher's caliber this season. She just did too many things, too well. That isn't a knock on the returning players....it s just the truth. In fact, I don't think the conference has a single player returning this season that would give teams the "nightmare" they had last year with KC! My two cents.....

:roflol: Kazzy :roflol:

Now that the balls have hit the floor......does anyone think differently about their predictions based on which players showed up? I mean I've been hearing about players choosing not to play or having moved to another school. Just wondering if those things did or did not take place, does that change anyones perception of that team? The Gals up on the Plateau are going through the pre-season grinder, got a glance of them the other day......if nothing else, West has them working hard! :roll: I know, I'm shocked too! :thumb: Be seeing some of you, when the lights go off for good on the football fields!

Kazanity

JMA32 ?? Your picking jellico, oakdale, and sunbright over wartburg? That is a pretty bold thing to say. Dec. 8 Wartburg plays Jellico and Sunbright Dec 11 so we'll see how that holds up.

Lol. Calm down, I blanked. I forgot to place Wartburg. I have Wartburg above Oakdale.

Coalfield has all their team back. The coach has lost some respect around town due largely to statements being made that the team was better off without the players who left and that no player wouuld be allowed to play that skips summer.

Well she let the player in question come back and has imo lost the respect of the rest of the team. May be nearing a time for a change in Coalfield!

On talent alone I have them still in the #1 spot if these kids played for West, Christopher, or even Davis or Snow they would be a lock for the state tournament.

I don't know much about the other schools but being from coalfield and now having one of our own at Wartburg i am hearing some very positive things from that direction. Sounds like I may move them up to a # 2 Spot with Oneida I don't think there is much difference between the teams. Call Wartburg 2a and Oneida 2b

Oliver Springs but this is close they could be right there with Oneida and Wartburg So I'm going to call them #2c

Oakdale is my next team I just don't think they will be able to deal with stout defense that 4a's best play when tournament time comes around. Loss of Pease on Earth will prove to be a problem in big time situations.

Sunbright - I've heard they are going to take over the district from some of my sunbright friends. I doubt that. They will be competitive and may in the regular season sneak up on an O.S. or Wartburg but they won't make it at tourney time.

Jellico - last!

Who do the teams play early in the season?

Will any team have an opportunity to be tested or are the teams playing easy schedules to start.

I agree with jacketfan for the mostpart but I would like to see my Eagles sneek in the top 4 and return to the region.

I will shake things up some in the order though

1. Coalfield

2/3/4 Oliver Springs, Wartburg, Oneida/Oakdale

Sunbright

Jellico