District 4a This Year

Thanks OS44, I would like to see the Lady Indians higher but you are probably right for now. Oneida has the ability to jump a few spots if they can get it together. Right now they are playing 8 kids and only 2 have much playing time before this year. We will grow into a very good team but it may not happen until later this year or next. They could very easily upset some of the top teams this year.

End of season picks: Coalfield(most talent-good coach)

Wartburg(always ready at tourney time)

OZ,Oakdale,Oneida fighting for 3-5

Sunbright

Jellico

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Wartburg has had 2 come from behind wins in the last couple of weeks down 11 with about 5 left with Oneida won in OT and down 13 to O.S. in the 3rd won by 1 point and then demolished Oakdale by 23.

I would say right now the district should finish like this

1. Coalfield - I don't see them going undefeated in the district but they are 4a's best team

2. Wartburg - A big suprise and a great job by the team's seniors and coaches to get the team to 2)

picked to be 5 or 6 at the start of the year.

3. Oliver Springs - I just feel like this is where they will end up very aggressive

4. Oneida - early season looks to have faded away and they are playing much better as of late.

5. Oakdale - On any given night they could beat O.S. or Oneida and make it to the region.

6. Sunbright

7. Jellico

I am going out on a limb here and saying that Oneida runs the table and is your second place team this year. I really don't see wartburg lucking out tonight like they did at wartburg. Our team is much better at home and I will be shocked if the morgan county teams stay at the top of this district. Oneida and O.S. have feasted on morgan county for a long time now.

District finish will be

Coalfield - too much talent for anyone to handle

Oneida - I honestly believe they are a better team than wartburg or oakdale

Oakdale - is playing better after getting embarrased at wartburg

Wartburg - have won some games by luck that is about to run out

OS....sorry but your out, I have been shocked by their lack of coaching this season, I didn't realize how poor they are at making in game adjustments.

Sunbright - Got better but not fast enough

Jellico - they are just bad

Enough with the lists. The reason Coalfield and Wartburg are 1-2 in the district hasn't got anything to do with luck. Coalfield has a ton of talent Jordan, Walls, Jones, Elsea, Hamby etc. and Wartburg has kids that have been in the sub state and regional finals 3 players as starters for the last two years. I doubt that it is all that shocking to see a team with their experience win close games or games that they may not necessarily have brought their A game.

I think that these two teams will end up 1-2 at the end of the day and the tournament. Coalfield because of their talent and Wartburg because they seem to understand how to win and play in big games they arent the most talented but they may be the most pressure tested. I also stand somewhat corrected on Hines, she has handled this years team well considering all the preseason turmoil.

Outlaw,

Quick question. What would winning out do for oneida or any team for that matter. The regular season is not important in the slightest. Everyone makes the district tournament its what you do from there that matters.

Jellico could win 5 games and if they are all in tournaments then they are in the substate just some thoughts

I do not see Oneida having a strong finish. There seems to be a reluctance on the coaches part to play the more productive players. Granted, I do see every game in person, but I have seen every game on film or in person and a couple players have stepped up their production, but minutes or starting positions do not change. I do even see the effort from some starters that was there early in the year. I feel this is a sentiment shared by many Oneida fans and I fully understand not everyone will not share my thoughts, but the stats do not lie. Now is the time to shake things up and try different rotations before district tourney time. What can be the harm?

I do not see Oneida having a strong finish. There seems to be a reluctance on the coaches part to play the more productive players. Granted, I do see every game in person, but I have seen every game on film or in person and a couple players have stepped up their production, but minutes or starting positions do not change. I do even see the effort from some starters that was there early in the year. I feel this is a sentiment shared by many Oneida fans and I fully understand not everyone will not share my thoughts, but the stats do not lie. Now is the time to shake things up and try different rotations before district tourney time. What can be the harm?

I read where they have won a few more games. Are they playing better? I have watched them three times this year earlier in the season. I was unimpressed with the coaching and the overall play but the bench players that played contributed nothing other than the bigger post player who could score but could not play defense. Your child must not be a starter. Be patient as a parent and if your child shines, the Coaches will notice. Getting on CoachT and expressing yourself anonymously only stirs the pot and causes dissension. Coaches do read CoachT although they would deny it. Oneida was a Class A basketball powerhouse with numerous state tourney appearances. I wish Oneida luck and hope to see them improve and progress in the tourneys.

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost tourney time and I would like some thoughts on how everyone thinks it will go.

My Picks.1st-Coalfield, too much Jordan and a good supporting cast for anyone to handle.

2nd- Oakdale, they have just enough for everyone but Coalfield.

3rd-Wartburg, they are not playing as well as early season, but could finish 2nd.

4th- Oliver Springs, will beat Oneida in the 4/5 matchup, but can't beat the top 3.

Oneida, I thought at mid season they could be a contender, but they don't have enough heart or guts to make a run. Sorry, they are my team but the truth is the truth.

Sunbright and Jellico go home early with Oneida.