District 4a This Year

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprises in the Region so far. The two strongest teams have advanced to the Region Finals. Each of them are led by an All-Star type player, Jordan and Fountain, with a strong supporting cast. The Coalfield-OS score was a little tight, but in the end, the ball was in Coalfield's best players hands and she delivered. Great players always manage to make great plays. Wartburg-Oakdale wasn't as close, but I thought Oakdale got more out of their team than anybody else this year. Coalfield should win the Championship Game because they still have the strongest starting five, but the best talent doesn't always win and Wartburg is at home!?!? Davis does a good job in the post-season.. he understands the regular season is preparation for win or go home. This is his third Region Championship Game in three years! :roflol: Must be doing something right, huh? Coach C, almost pulled another one out of her hat.....those Bobcat fans ought to shut up and let her do her job! :thumb:She could coach my daughter any day!

Kazanity

Its unfortunate how the game ended last night. I never want a call to determine the game especially 80 feet away from the bucket. Maybe Christopher fouled I could not see it clearly. I know she grabbed the rebound and had it taken away I can not imagine her fouling in that situation... I don't think anyone would ever foul in that situation. Although it did happen on the other end just before. The only difference is that the oliver springs player was knocked to the ground... Its either a walk or foul the official had no choice but to call something. But on the other end of the court that situation was not presented and nothing was going to happen. I would love to see a replay of it. I just wish we could have seen overtime no excuses here.

This has been the most entertaining tournament I have seen in recent years. There has been too many great plays to name all of them. Great crowds and support for all the kids. Good Luck to Wartburg and Coalfield as they move forward. I think the Championship will be a really good one.

Three in a row is really a great feat! Coach D and his girls have done a great job!

Great year Lady Eagles :thumb:

My season wrap up goes something like this

1. Coalfield and Wartburg ended up being the two best teams as many felt before the season started

2. Oakdale had the biggest upset I can think of in tournament play over the last 4-5 years in tellico

3. Wartburg got back to a sub-state for a third time in a row (always have people you've never heard of stepping up in tournament time) Example Barnett in Region and Kidd in Dist.And HE CAN COACH ;)

4. O.S. got hot at the right time but in the end couldnt beat coalfield and are now at home thanks for the memories, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. And YOU FOULED HER! :roflol:

5. What the heck happened to Oneida, where are they? ;) BRING BACK WEST :thumb:

6. Why do the officials stink so bad! They are all awful!

All in all it's been a good season Sunbright got a district win, Oneida began rebuilding, Oakdale found a star in Kilby, O.S. proved many wrong at least in 4-A tourney, Wartburg proved to be much more than a one man band, Coalfield got to a sub-state and may win a region (that's a great accomplishment for their dream team), and Jellico...............well they had some nice uniforms!

Cant wait until we get to see how the Lady Eagles grow over the summer!

Good Luck to Wartburg and Coalfield hope to see both of you in State!

Great year Lady Eagles ;)

1. Coalfield and Wartburg ended up being the two best teams as many felt before the season started

2. Oakdale had the biggest upset I can think of in tournament play over the last 4-5 years in tellico

3. Wartburg got back to a sub-state for a third time in a row (always have people you've never heard of stepping up in tournament time) Example Barnett in Region and Kidd in Dist.And HE CAN COACH ;)

4. O.S. got hot at the right time but in the end couldnt beat coalfield and are now at home thanks for the memories, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. And YOU FOULED HER! :wacko:

5. What the heck happened to Oneida, where are they? ;) BRING BACK WEST

All in all it's been a good season Sunbright got a district win, Oneida began rebuilding, Oakdale found a star in Kilby, O.S. proved many wrong at least in 4-A tourney, Wartburg proved to be much more than a one man band, Coalfield got to a sub-state and may win a region (that's a great accomplishment for their dream team), and Jellico...............well they had some nice uniforms!

And she made her Freebies :!:

Glad to see two Morgan Co. teams in the Championship Game and having a chance to get to the boro!

:wacko: WELL WELL WELL LOOKS LIKE THE LADY JACKETS ARE GOIN TO GET TO PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP GREAT WIN LAST NIGHT LADYS , GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS THEY BOTH DESERVE IT I MUST SAY COALFIELD DOES HAVE SOME GREAT TALENT SOME OF WHOM ARE NEVER MENTIONED BE SMART COACHES WITH YOUR SUBS THIS IS A BIG GAME FOR OUR GIRLS JORDAN BY FAR IS THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER I WOULD HAVE TO SAY ELSEA IS THE BEST DEFENSE PLAYER HINES HAS, WHEN THINGS NEED TO GET TURNED OVER IF YOU NEED A STEAL PUT HER IN SHE CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN JONES IS HOT ON THE 3`S AND A BIG ASSET LANDRUM HAMBY AND WALLS CAN ALSO STEP UP WHEN THEY NEED TOO I THINK COACH HINES HAS DONE A GREAT JOB THIS YR WITH THE GIRLS CONSIDERIN THE HEAT SHE GOT AT THE FIRST OF THE SEASON BOTH TEAMS HAVE WORKED HARD THIS YR AND I WISH THEM BOTH LUCK THIS SHOULD PROVE TO BE A GREAT GAME :!:

Great year Lady Eagles ;)

4. O.S. got hot at the right time but in the end couldnt beat coalfield and are now at home thanks for the memories, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. And YOU FOULED HER! :lol:

5. What the heck happened to Oneida, where are they? ;) BRING BACK WEST

And she made her Freebies :lol:

Glad to see two Morgan Co. teams in the Championship Game and having a chance to get to the boro!

uhm, yeah she may have fouled Jordan.. but if anything should have been called it should have been a jump ball. Jordan and others also fouled Christopher back. It was poor officiating that lost the game.