District 4a This Year

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random thought. I always laugh when I go to wartburg and see those state bound stickers everywhere, you would think somebody would tell them that there isn't a state tournament in middle school. It's just like making the second round of the region in high school :D

State Bound and at the house is what they should say :D

Oakdale goes to the East Tn tournament all the time and I don't see state bound on every car in the town. What a bunch of ego up that way :D

SuperDave, of course I'm just poking fun at them......but Wartburg's middle school even moved to another district to avoid playing in the large division in their own area. :D This is just my feeling, but little do they know they could actually compete at that level. Oneida has been "moved up" to the large class the last 3 years, and their enrollment was actually smaller than Wartburgs in two of those seasons. Wartburg, instead of moving up......moved out! Oneida's Jr. High Boys have finished 3rd, 6th, and 6th out of 12 teams and their girls have went 5th, 5th, and 3rd over the same time period during the regular season. Competing at that level is only going to make them better in the long run, besides they should be able to play with the majority of the other Jr. Highs. Now the Jr. High is going to three divisions (like Football) so the schools should be pretty close to each other in actual size. The small division is saturated with a number of teams that are so small it does do justice to play them, even if they want too. Then again, Dave.......Pigeon Forge just happens to be the Jr. High's Murfreesboro! :D

Kaz :D

Yeah Wartburg couldn't beat Oneida so they left the division. But they won their county championship! that will get them far. I believe our middle girls killed them again this year. but enough ms action.

Wartburg has finished ahead of Oneida each of the last 3 seasons, that is the reason their program has had the success it has. But that is a reversal of the trend that's existed since 4a became a dist. Over history Oneida girls have owned wartburg and they will again, then wartburg will be the odd team out as they have been in the past. not that they haven't had good teams but they have been in substates because we haven't. When we get back they will be back in their place.

That's why I'm going to yell till i cant that we need a proven coach to take our team so they can be in full gear from day 1 and not have a breaking in period as many new coaches have.

Wbballfan,

Who do you think should start next year for the dogs? Just wondering.

Outlaw......I hardly think Wartburg left the division because of Oneida! My guess is they felt they didn't want to regularly tangle with Jacksboro, Norris, Clinton, Robertsville..etc...etc..! Talent comes and goes in these rural areas.....it is very hard to consistently win year after year in these small towns. People move in and out at an alarming rate these days. Let me know when you have "cracked the code". As for your wish for a coach.....I'll say this....whoever it is, must be a smooth, level-headed operator. The moms and pops are going to be the coaches greatest supporter until they see what designs they have for their daughter. If she ain't playin' :D call the pitchfork and noose mob! Seems to be going on everywhere, it is a wonder that coaches carry on any more. Oneida, Wartburg, Coalfield, and OS have had some fine womens basketball coaches over the years, but sometimes parents best intentions have really crossed some lines. :D The next coach might catch a break if her last name is Summitt!

:D Kaz :D

Oh yeah......GOOD LUCK LADY JACKETS!

I think the district will be very tough next. Oneida and Oakdale return all five starters, Oliver Springs loses just one senior so it's natural to put them at the top. But don't forget about Wartburg. they've been in the Region Championship game each of the past three years so I'd say Coach Davis will have them right where they need to be come tournament time. Plus Wartburg has done a food job of developing depth the past few seasons. Coalfield loses a lot, but building around Jordan and Hamby ain't a bad place to start.

Didn't WB Middle School just change from one large division to another? Now they are playing in the same division as Harriman, Rockwood, Oliver Springs instead of traveling to LaFollette, Jacksboro, Robertsville, & Horace Manard? Doesn't that make more sense? They'll be playing those same teams in high school. I don't see the need to be critical of this move.

LUVSport......this is just one person's opinion on Oneida's probable starters for next year. You can pretty much pencil in Bond and Love.....they are among the strongest pair of wings in the District. Jeffers is one of the teams best outside threats, but I thought she kinda hit a wall towards the end of the year. She is very good.....another year of strength and conditioning should help her get past that mental hurdle. Stephens really plays hard and she is tough. I almost feel she would be more effective off the bench because she can plug so many different areas. If she starts, it won't surprise anyone.....including me. Yaden coming back will solidify the line-up because she is as diverse as Lay (good inside and out). Conditioning will be a big key for her because she has been idle for so long. Huff has played well at times throughout the season, but can sometimes be a little erratic. (who isn't?) Still she does most things you want you PG to do. Burchfield and Sexton are two bigs that can make the team a little more formatible inside. Neither is much of a threat outside, but they can both navigate around the rim and bring some inside rebounding help. R. Stephens is blossoming into a capable back-up PG. Everything else they get next season is gravy.

:hungry: Kaz :hungry:

Didn't WB Middle School just change from one large division to another? Now they are playing in the same division as Harriman, Rockwood, Oliver Springs instead of traveling to LaFollette, Jacksboro, Robertsville, & Horace Manard? Doesn't that make more sense? They'll be playing those same teams in high school. I don't see the need to be critical of this move.

No O.S. Harriman etc are small school I'm 75% sure

well... it appears to be that i was right. you know what they say, you can't always have your cake and eat it too. well coalfield got their cake and that was that they even made it to murfreesboro. 56-30? even if it was Jackson, thats pretty sad. good game coalfield. ha! have at good day at school tomorrow, you probably weren't expecting to be there, so go ahead and cancel your room reservations in murfreesboro for the rest of the week (:

I really hope you are just some idiot teenager trying to play adult and not an actual moron. If you are a kid...excuse me for what I'm about to say...If your an adult...GROW UP! How could any normal human being make fun of a group of kids that made it to the elite eight in their A. Coalfield girls worked hard this season and overcame a lot of hurdles that were thrown their way. Sure they had their ups and downs and they looked scared to death in the State Tourney, but that’s to be expected from a school that is not used to a state appearance every year. Jackson county has made several trips to Murfreesboro in recent history as well as having a miss basketball candidate in Laken for three years. I would be proud of any team from District 4 a making it to state. If you can't post a somewhat intelligent comment stay off of the computer and get a life!

By the way…the girls are staying the rest of the week anyway…because they deserve it…so…you probably should quit talking about them going back to school, because you sound like an imbecile.