Smith Co. visits Gordonsville

imallin

Croz......while I got you. Does the money made from G-ville's concession stand go to the football program/sports programs??? And if it does..........why would the Big Blue supporters TAILGATE at a HOMEGAME???? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Why NOT tailgate at a HOMEGAME ! WHY would anyone tailgate at a away game!!! I know over in SC its probably a BIG TREAT to get one of those concession stand burgers !!LOL! BUT THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!! :roflolk:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question, what was some of the SC fans opinions on the the guys with the SC flags.

Is it just me? or did they not have any business going halfway across the field during the game, especially as close to the players as they were.

I don't mind them being on the sidelines or even a few feet off the sidelines, or even halfway on the field after the game, but not during.

I may be way off base, but I haven't seen them do that before.

I saw blue flags a pretty good ways over earlier in the game. I also saw some blue players hulk hoganing towards the visitors sidelines after a few plays. I don't mind it and do not have an issue, but what's good for the goose..........

Remember, I was only there for the 4th quarter and didn't see the other. So I don't guess I mind. My opinion however, and that's all it is, if I was a coach, I wouldn't want it done from my side, but that's just me. I'm more of the type that likes to see the "talking" done between the whistles, but I don't have a problem with the other.

Croz......while I got you. Does the money made from G-ville's concession stand go to the football program/sports programs??? And if it does..........why would the Big Blue supporters TAILGATE at a HOMEGAME???? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Because you have to get there at least 2 hours before the game to get a good parking space, you can't get anything from the concession stand then, and it's really more about sitting around BSing than tailgaiting. On that last note, you should've stopped by for awhile. You'd have fit right in. :roflolk:

Whatever the booster club loses on me eating before the game, believe me they more than make up for during. Whatever you pay at the concession stand I pay double. That's the price you pay to send a junior pro player there for you so you don't miss any of the game.

Just a quick question, what was some of the SC fans opinions on the the guys with the SC flags.

Is it just me? or did they not have any business going halfway across the field during the game, especially as close to the players as they were.

I don't mind them being on the sidelines or even a few feet off the sidelines, or even halfway on the field after the game, but not during.

I may be way off base, but I haven't seen them do that before.

I was wondering about anyone being on the field, other than players and coaches...during the game.... neither side should allow anybody out there....I'm sure that's going to be addressed this week...

If their recievers catch more passes Johnston could be a superstar. I wonder how many drops they had?

I can remember 5 drops...at least. I also remember several great catches also.

Hunter Hackett's catch on 4th and 9 in the last drive was the difference between winning and losing. You have to make plays like that down the stretch in a close game. Awesome drive...really John Elwayish... :flower: Great plays in the clutch. Both teams were exhausted. Definitely a character builder for both teams.

I wasn't really paying any attention to who was tailgating, if I had noticed it was you, I would have stopped by and poked a sharp stick at you a little. I just noticed it was going on. I'm sure I would have fit in, for a few minutes anyway. :flower: The only reason it suprised me a little is because most places (G-ville included) complain about money for uniforms, facilities,equiptment, and the likes. Any money spent at the games goes back into the program(s) which is for the kids. It may not have taken any,or very little money away from ya'lls program, I don't know. I really don't care what ya'll do, that's your business. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it, but I hear complaints about what SC has and what G-ville don't have. So the next time somebody complains........hold a tailgate party pondexter. :D

Croz....there were too many catchable balls dropped. This guys usually catch everything. A few passes were a little off target. Johnston missed on 2-3 long balls where the DB was beat bad. The misses were just by a foot or less but Brandon normally makes those in his sleep. Of coarse G-ville missed 1 of those to Nike too. The TD G-ville got, Chaz was stopped dead at the line of scrimmage. SC gave up like they thought he was down. Chaz didn't. Too many missed tackles. They tackled better at the half. Just little stuff that adds up. Now, that being said..I'm sure G-ville's play had something to do with that. I still think, now this is just my opinion, had SC scored on the opening drive, it would have been a much different ballgame. They drove the ball deep down the field and couldn't finish the drive. I'm sure opinions vary......especilly if you were on the other side of the field. :flower:

Gordonsville did the same and had a penalty that killed them. G-ville dropped two balls back to back that could have been returned for 6 and one late in the game that could have sealed the deal, but.....if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Both teams had their chances to make plays and make the outcome of the game different. The Owls found a way to win. Both teams played extremely hard. Hope the Tigers build on this and carry it to Friendship. Good luck to the Owls vs. LA

my ut most respect to this years g vill team you all played an amazing game hardest fought game ive been in since westmoreland last year. I had a hard time with g vills offense. and there defense was no picnic either lol. anyway i wanna think the players for how they acted during and after the game it was a shock to me. i expected anger and fights but i got hand shakes and hugs. My heart goes out to you all i hope yal have an amazing season. and i hope yal whop up on some friendship and TC yal do great have fun with it. :roflol:

my ut most respect to this years g vill team you all played an amazing game hardest fought game ive been in since westmoreland last year. I had a hard time with g vills offense. and there defense was no picnic either lol. anyway i wanna think the players for how they acted during and after the game it was a shock to me. i expected anger and fights but i got hand shakes and hugs. My heart goes out to you all i hope yal have an amazing season. and i hope yal whop up on some friendship and TC yal do great have fun with it. :roflol:

Well, from this post, you see how the players feel about each other. They get along with each other good. This is an Owl player, but I am sure there are many Tiger players who would post a similar post. Unknown, I am proud of you !!!!