McMinn Central @ Polk County

loudnboy35

Well i'm sure your having the best year of your life. Coach Derrick is gone and now you get a win. Wow it's a dream come true for you.

Coach "The Zipper" Derrick would not have made a difference, it would have been so much sweeter though! Actually, we are used to beating Central remember we done it for 7yrs in a row before you guy's finally won two. I believe you all have woke up from your dream and found yourself in a nightmare! :thumb:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont see Polk putting up more than 14?? Why? This is one of the best offences Polk has had in a long time. Even with a new offense it looks better than last year, better play calling, a small but fast o line, good backs with depth at each spot, stand out WR, a good qb, and that good ol Polk PRIDE= hard to handel!! :thumb: However Polks D has got to bring it this week. Cant wait till the second half to start wrapping up! I keep reading all this about the MC's passing game and i agree that if #15 has time he can pick apart a secondary. On the other hand i hear how weak or "down" MC's o line is, how good can #15 throw on his back!!?? For that reason (i think Polks D gets pressure on the qb) i say Polk comes out on top by a TD. If Central gets down and loses hope (like Polk last year), Polk runs away with it by 2+ TD's. GO WILDCATS!!! :thumb:

"Why?" MC's defense has had a year to grow just like Polk has. Other teams don't set idle while Polk gets better. Can't see Polks offense improving so much that it can now put up big numbers on an improved defense that held them to 0 a year ago. Staying with my prediction: if OL steps up, it could get ugly with the talent MC has at QB, WR's, & RB's. If not, two good teams battling it out with MC coming out on top.

Your right about other teams not settin idle while Polk gets better, Central seemed to get worse :D . Now let me ask you about Polk not putting up more than 14 on MC's D. That was one of the wost displays of sportsmanship i have ever seen from a team. #56 for Central is a good player but played dirty all night long, hitting after the play was over several times and getting caught once witch led to a Polk TD. Guess he couldnt handel being shut down. Good job Polk showed lots of class, and played hard. Keep it up and keep your head set ahead. GO WILDCATS!! :huh:

Well i'm sure your having the best year of your life. Coach Derrick is gone and now you get a win. Wow it's a dream come true for you.

Coach "The Zipper" Derrick would not have made a difference, it would have been so much sweeter though! Actually, we are used to beating Central remember we done it for 7yrs in a row before you guy's finally won two. I believe you all have woke up from your dream and found yourself in a nightmare! :thumb:

does anyone know who has the most wins in the series?

Coach "The Zipper" Derrick would not have made a difference, it would have been so much sweeter though! Actually, we are used to beating Central remember we done it for 7yrs in a row before you guy's finally won two. I believe you all have woke up from your dream and found yourself in a nightmare! :oops:

does anyone know who has the most wins in the series?

I would like to know as well. I can count at least 13 Polk wins since 1984-2009 but through the mid 90's don't really remember, I know Central won a few during that time...which was a bad time for Polk football!

I would like to know as well. I can count at least 13 Polk wins since 1984-2009 but through the mid 90's don't really remember, I know Central won a few during that time...which was a bad time for Polk football!

hey come on now...the early 2000's were a bad time for central football....doesn't mean they don't count does it?!

I didn't mean they didn't count :oops: ,I just don't remember their record during this time.

I hope Central fan's do not get down on Coach Goodin, he will do a fine job! I like the way he corrected the radio crew by saying "the ref's did not have anything to do with them getting beat, the loss was his fault he didn't have them prepared and Polk done a great job". IMHO, I really feel he has some kids that needed this loss, let's face it their ego's far exceeded their talent. I am not saying they aren't good but they have not faced adversity like they did Friday in over 2yrs. and that's when you separate the kid's with heart versus the front runners!

blitzinbuc, Who won the Bradley/Cleveland game? Your glad I didn't bet aren't you...I guess you were a WV fan tonight or was it Meigs?

Bradley won the game in overtime......which proves my point that Bradley is as terrible as Cleveland is. You, nor ANYONE else would back up your talk with any money. If you had, you'd have won some money from me......so I can find humor in your anguish over that. :oops:

I'm still not sure how good Polk is, but I can give credit where it's due as far as Friday night's emotional victory over Central. Congratulations!

Very happy to see Meigs win, though they're still not a good team. Walker Valley's victory was a shocker to me....not that I'm a Mustang fan. Might be interesting determining who's the worst in Bradley County if WV beats Bradley, then loses to Cleveland. :oops:

Dont see Polk putting up more than 14?? Why? This is one of the best offences Polk has had in a long time. Even with a new offense it looks better than last year, better play calling, a small but fast o line, good backs with depth at each spot, stand out WR, a good qb, and that good ol Polk PRIDE= hard to handel!! :thumb: However Polks D has got to bring it this week. Cant wait till the second half to start wrapping up! I keep reading all this about the MC's passing game and i agree that if #15 has time he can pick apart a secondary. On the other hand i hear how weak or "down" MC's o line is, how good can #15 throw on his back!!?? For that reason (i think Polks D gets pressure on the qb) i say Polk comes out on top by a TD. If Central gets down and loses hope (like Polk last year), Polk runs away with it by 2+ TD's. GO WILDCATS!!! :thumb:

"Why?" MC's defense has had a year to grow just like Polk has. Other teams don't set idle while Polk gets better. Can't see Polks offense improving so much that it can now put up big numbers on an improved defense that held them to 0 a year ago. Staying with my prediction: if OL steps up, it could get ugly with the talent MC has at QB, WR's, & RB's. If not, two good teams battling it out with MC coming out on top.

Your right about other teams not settin idle while Polk gets better, Central seemed to get worse :D . Now let me ask you about Polk not putting up more than 14 on MC's D. That was one of the wost displays of sportsmanship i have ever seen from a team. #56 for Central is a good player but played dirty all night long, hitting after the play was over several times and getting caught once witch led to a Polk TD. Guess he couldnt handel being shut down. Good job Polk showed lots of class, and played hard. Keep it up and keep your head set ahead. GO WILDCATS!! :thumb:

Man, did i miss that one. Polks discipline, sportsmanship, and desire paid off big time. They also have more talent and speed than i expected to see. Congrads on a good win. Maybe MC can get a handle on the penalties and meet up with PC again in the playoffs with better results.

Hopefully, Polk & Central will meet again in the playoffs (with different refs). Would be a different ballgame!

Why did no one complain about the refs in the Cleveland/Central game???? Cleveland had 18 penalties,,,Did you hear anyone complaining,,,no, because the penalties were all obvious,,,so let's break down the penalties Central had....

The 3 personal fouls (Horse collar, roughing the holder, roughing the passer) ??

The 3 unsportsmanlikes (two late hits and your coach slinging his headset at a refs feet)?

The 3 delay of games (those are pretty obvious) as are

the 4 false starts,,,

and 1 illegal substitution,,you know breaking the huddle with 12 is kind of hard to miss..

Let's see that's 14 that are obvious penalties out of the 17,,,,

Don't forget the offensive pass interference where the WR shoved the DB to the ground. (That's 15)

And I remember 1 holding call, that's 16 out of the 17, and there was one Block in the Back on a kick-off. The point is, out of 17 penalties, 15 of them were blatant,,,It's not like the refs were throwing mysterious "Holding" penalties in the middle of the line everytime Central did something good,,,,

Or are you upset about the refs putting 6 seconds back on the clock? You really think 6 seconds at the end of the half made a 37 point difference,,,????