McMinn Central @ Polk County

loudnboy35

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an exciting game to watch (if your a Polk fan). Central got totally dominated in every phase of the game except penalties. Congrats to the coaching staff on a big win and to the fact that they have found a way to include the Foster kid in the game. The fact that he came on and kicked a PAT and the all world kicker from Central had one blocked and missed the other was spectacular!!!!!!!!

smokey if you look at the two teams objectively the talent at polk seems to be going up while the talent at MC seems to be going down. why would one not expect polk to pull out one win especially when they will have a favorable seed in the playoffs. by the looks of the score i would put my money on the red to win one before i would the blue.

smokey if you look at the two teams objectively the talent at polk seems to be going up while the talent at MC seems to be going down. why would one not expect polk to pull out one win especially when they will have a favorable seed in the playoffs. by the looks of the score i would put my money on the red to win one before i would the blue.

Congradulations to Polk - well coached, disciplined, and ready. I think that if this game was played again it would be closer. I am not saying MC would win, but I think it would be a better game. The MC boys got down, and lost their fight.

The staff at MC is still dealing with problems that will take time to deal with. It is a tough situation that will be fixed with time.

As for Polk talent going up and MC's going down, here is my assessment. MC breeds athletes who most play all sports well. Polk Co. is breeding football players, with a pretty good baseball team, and basketball something to do to pass the time until football season. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the other programs are not any good - I am just saying that football seems to be the emphasis there. Your town support was awesome, and I know how bad you wanted to beat us Friday. Good Luck the rest of the season.

I will have to say when the kid came in at the end of the game and kicked that extra point I got chills. I will never forget that moment.

Hopefully, we can get back on track next week. Let's not put so much sugar in the blue kool-aid next week. Keep you heads up boys and work hard, the only way to help with the sting of this week is to show up game time next Friday.

Congrats wildcats! This was an awesome display of sportsmanship, discipline and class, not to mention the talent that this year's team possesses. Ignore 5charger and consider the source. There's always one in the crowd. The D was great and never stopped and what can you say about the offense? :flower: It seems to me 22 gets overlooked at times but he was there all night. Also anothergroup that is overlooked a lot is Polk's O line. If it wasn't for these guys it would have been a completley different game for everybody. Williams, Norwood, Soos and Jones were outstanding. Enjoy and celebrate your amazing victory then let it go. You have almost a whole season ahead. Congrats again and keep it going!

and mcminn central had more talent the past two years than polk did but went one and done in the playoffs both years....so why would one expect polk to do any different this year? i'll beleive it when i see it...not just polk but any team from this region or district or whatever it is now...

and mcminn central had more talent the past two years than polk did but went one and done in the playoffs both years....so why would one expect polk to do any different this year? i'll beleive it when i see it...not just polk but any team from this region or district or whatever it is now...

It depends on the draw but one thing that will help is they shouldn't have a matchup with any of the former Region 4-3A teams like White House.

Yeah polks O line ain't that big but those boys play with alot of heart and that Polk Pride. One of them is my brother and i know the rest since they was just lil kids in lil league and they don't give up and I look for polk to keep it up and they will get past the first round. The whole team plays together and that what makes this team work no one has egos they just want to win and thats what I like bout this team. Central just didn't have anything for those boys friday night polk just pounded and pounded and kept hitting.