Jo Byrns vs. Cascade

Shep

This will be a closer game than the one Cascade faired last week. DA is the best team Cascade will face all season in the regular season. This is not a slap in the face to JB,SP, or Forrest. They are a private school so they should be the best plus they are defending state champs. There are a ton of question marks going into the game as a fan. Will Cascade improve and take the loss last week and learn from it? Will Jo Byrns be firing on all cylinders in their first game of the year? This should be a great game to attend on Friday evening. Oh also by the way vote for me for Heisman!

Cascade 28 Jo Byrns 22

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 11,

Glad to hear that trey got a coaching job be sure and tell him good luck from all of us. Sounds like you had a rough game against DA. Looking real forward to seeing all the Casacade fans this Friday night. Don't think for a minute that the JB football players are going to take you guys lightly because you had one bad game. They are getting ready for our normal barn burner. I have to say though that it feels real strange to be playing cascade this early in the year before both teams are fully battle tested. Did I understand from an earlier post that you were missing some players from the DA game? It will be a real interesting game with both teams relying on untested Soph. quarterbacks. Looks to be a running game IMO. Are you going to be breaking out the pink shirts again? (no I am never going to let that go BTW).

Hey 11,

Glad to hear that trey got a coaching job be sure and tell him good luck from all of us. Sounds like you had a rough game against DA. Looking real forward to seeing all the Casacade fans this Friday night. Don't think for a minute that the JB football players are going to take you guys lightly because you had one bad game. They are getting ready for our normal barn burner. I have to say though that it feels real strange to be playing cascade this early in the year before both teams are fully battle tested. Did I understand from an earlier post that you were missing some players from the DA game? It will be a real interesting game with both teams relying on untested Soph. quarterbacks. Looks to be a running game IMO. Are you going to be breaking out the pink shirts again? (no I am never going to let that go BTW).

We had a two-way player that got hurt in the first half and a fullback/linebacker who is still waiting clearance from T$$AA. Other than those two, I'm unaware of anybody missing that game. They pretty much beat the best we had. I'm guessing after film study there will be some adjustments made to our line, but I couldn't say for sure.

If we don't do a better job of blocking, this will be another game in the right hand column. We had the worse rushing total I've seen in the 5 years I've watched them.

i remember it being a 7 point game goin into the 4th qtr...then it went downhill from there. but i also remember yall (you) saying this time around jo byrns would be easy.

i just hope cascade doesnt play as cheap this year as they did last year! :geek:

You NEVER heard me say Jo Byrns would be easy. We only beat them by 1 point so why would I? You may of heard Logger and I cutting up with each other, but I never take Jo Byrns lightly. I don't know why I even bother responding to you. You've become somewhat of a joke to me on here. Attack attack attack........... with a cap gun. What is your fascination with me anyway, Kid. I can cite numerous threads were you've had Smart "A" remarks to my responses. Sooner or later you need to find a cure for that red "A$$" you got over Cascade knocking ya'll out last year. Move on, Buddy, move on... You hear me still whining about us getting knocked out by Jo Byrns? I respect them and rooted for the them the remainder of the season.

you never had a problem with my smart comments until after the game, when cascade and jo byrns played i pulled for jo byrns...and i think you thought i should pull for cascade...and i dont have a "fascination" with you, more so you have a "fascination" of taking my comments, which are my opinion and basically going buck wild on me!

This should be a pretty good game. I think Jo Byrns is tougher mentally and will use their mental edge over Cascade in this one. I'm saying 28-16 Devils. Cascade is finally playing some teams this year after playing very weak schedules in years past. It may hurt them a lot early, but they'll be tougher for it when the postseason gets here. I'm sensing a fairly dangerous 6-4 or 5-5 type team in the playoffs.

This should be a pretty good game. I think Jo Byrns is tougher mentally and will use their mental edge over Cascade in this one. I'm saying 28-16 Devils. Cascade is finally playing some teams this year after playing very weak schedules in years past. It may hurt them a lot early, but they'll be tougher for it when the postseason gets here. I'm sensing a fairly dangerous 6-4 or 5-5 type team in the playoffs.

You'd have to blame T$$AA for any weak schedules we've had recently. They are the one's who had us in a ten team region. We always picked up Moore County who have been a solid 1A team for a couple of decades with our only non-region game.

I wasn't impressed with Jo Byrns line in our scrimmage. If Cascade blitz a couple of linebackers behind those big tackles, they win the game. All of this will be dependant on their ends maintaining containment and keeping 44 from getting outside. If that happens it will be a long night for Cascade! Cascade was very impressive at our Jamboree a couple of weeks ago. I'll pick Cascade to win by 10