INDEPENDENCE beats the Starz

sarahpalin

Congrats on the victory Eagels- caught a glimpse online Tennessean... To say the least I am surprised IHS held them to 14 pts ( any one that attended the game was talk about it? )

Seems like on D they did the bend dont break, still i dont like the yards given up on the ground but hey its a win.... On O the running game from what o read seemed to click- to those whom say the game was the o -line doing its job or was thier D- weak? good to see a tailback take pressure of heckman and heckamna finds a way to win

Congrats on the victory Eagels- caught a glimpse online Tennessean... To say the least I am surprised IHS held them to 14 pts ( any one that attended the game was talk about it? )

Seems like on D they did the bend dont break, still i dont like the yards given up on the ground but hey its a win.... On O the running game from what o read seemed to click- to those whom say the game was the o -line doing its job or was thier D- weak? good to see a tailback take pressure of heckman and heckamna finds a way to win

Biggest surprise of the night? I think so.

I was there. It was a very exciting game. The Eagles can run the ball. They had almost 300 yards in rushing. The yards were spread around. Their running game has a lot of weapons. Siegel definitely had trouble stopping them. Other positives, in my opinion were the kids played very hard and didn't quit, the pass defense and special teams (minus field goal/PAT). Things to improve on would be the run defense, FG/PAT and too many penalties. All in all a very good first game. It gets no easier as they play another RC team next week (Oakland). Congrats to the Eagle players, coaches and fans.

Deffinitly, but this game was a close second. You can sort of blame the linebacking core for giving up the two running touchdowns, but on the other hand on of their running backs was just as big as some of the d linemen. But the defense as a whole stepped up their game in the fourth it was very impressive. Yes many weapons on the ground; Ty Stanndard quick, gained a lot of bulk in offseason, Brett Meeker, broke tackles should of ran him more, and Heckman who looked more mature except one play where he shouldnt of pitched kind of forced it.

No one was expecting Indy to do the exact opposite from last year; running the ball 80% of time. Like Stannard said we have something to prove after being placed 5th in district. I feel when the crowd has the defense's back, meaning yelling like crazy, they are on another level. Keep it up Indy keep turnin heads.

Deffinitly, but this game was a close second. You can sort of blame the linebacking core for giving up the two running touchdowns, but on the other hand on of their running backs was just as big as some of the d linemen. But the defense as a whole stepped up their game in the fourth it was very impressive. Yes many weapons on the ground; Ty Stanndard quick, gained a lot of bulk in offseason, Brett Meeker, broke tackles should of ran him more, and Heckman who looked more mature except one play where he shouldnt of pitched kind of forced it.

No one was expecting Indy to do the exact opposite from last year; running the ball 80% of time. Like Stannard said we have something to prove after being placed 5th in district. I feel when the crowd has the defense's back, meaning yelling like crazy, they are on another level. Keep it up Indy keep turnin heads.

I agree the defense stepped up when needed. I think Indy was not going to let the pass beat them. The 70 yard run by Stannard was one of the best runs I have seen. Meeker did run hard. Siegel adjusted and sold out to stop him and it opened up the outside and counter. Eubanks did a great job at calling plays. Kept Siegel guessing. The OL did a very good job overall. The crowd was slow to get into it, but in the second half they went crazy. I was also impressed with the punter. He was launching bombs that couldn't be returned. Another tough game this Friday vs. Oakland. I am sure everyone will be watching them tonight against Ensworth.

I was there. It was a very exciting game. The Eagles can run the ball. They had almost 300 yards in rushing. The yards were spread around. Their running game has a lot of weapons. Siegel definitely had trouble stopping them. Other positives, in my opinion were the kids played very hard and didn't quit, the pass defense and special teams (minus field goal/PAT). Things to improve on would be the run defense, FG/PAT and too many penalties. All in all a very good first game. It gets no easier as they play another RC team next week (Oakland). Congrats to the Eagle players, coaches and fans.

Good to hear they had an impressive win on the road to open the season. Also good to hear that the yards are being spread around more. That should make it a little harder to defend now. Good job and congrats. Good luck against Oakland!

Where are the whiners and cryers who always bad mouth Eubanks and Heckman? Good job on the win (as I predicted earlier this summer haha) Seigal was much more down than what I have been reading. Their QB was terrible. Now for Oakland. I think we have a shot at winning this as well. D will be the key. Looking around the district Hillsboro looks to be way down and Franklin looks to be way down. They almost lost to a BGA team that is very subpar. District could be a little weaker this year which bolds well for Indy getting into the playoffs. And you know the old saying once you are in anything can happen.