White House or Greenbrier?

dandy82

I want to see Whitehouse play Wilson Central first. They need a region win. Whitehouse was very flat against Sycamore and I don't want to take anything away from Greenbrier but I believe Springfield was not as fired up as they were against Whitehouse. Greenbrier has a good team and has two weeks to prepare for Blue Devils. I don't believe Greenbrier can only throw one pass this game or any game once playoffs roll around and expect to win. It will be a good test for both teams.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by WIT0522:

So whats the pick? White House had a big showing against Portland and then dropped to Springfield and played horrible in their win against Sycamore. Greenbrier is holding their own in AAA. Big win against Springfield last week, but havent beaten White House in a really long time. And have to go to White House and play. I know the game is 2 weeks away but its already being talked about in Sumner and Robertson counties. Who's the big winner in a game that means nothing to either team in region play?

Tradition will win this one, with a little BDP mixed with it!

Greenbrier will come to White House with all the respect in the world for the Blue Devils. Their tradition speaks for itself. They always have a good team year in and year out. Coach Porter is a great coach and has a good staff. He has established one of the elite football programs in the state. I can remember when Greenbrier used to wins those games over White House every year......but times have changed. I'm not sure when the last time Greenbrier beat White House......maybe 1994 or 1995? Someone may have to help me on that one.

I will comment on the Springfield/Greenbrier game. Springfield did look very flat......and somewhat out of shape. Their players were just walking off the field after time out's and the end of quarter's etc. I don't know if they were tired or just in shock that Greenbrier was beating them in every phase of the game. Greenbrier was the underdog when it came to size, speed, and athlete's, but the bobcats stuck to their game plan. The game plan was.....stop the run if you can. Greenbrier did not have to throw the ball. Springfield has a solid football team and should bounce back, but Greenbrier was the better team friday night. Congratulations to the players and the coaching staff.

As far as making predictions for the White House vs. Greenbrier game....all I will say is it should be a better game than these past few years. I wish both teams the best of luck. May the best team win. :)

[Edited by COACHHARD on 9-16-02 5:08P]

I'll tell you what will be enjoyable about this game.Both schools students and cities will turn out to watch what should be a whale of a game. I know the kids enjoy it more when there are fans on both sides of the field. The excitment of two small town schools playing cannot be described. The move to 4A is not what I thought it to be.We see a few more athletes,even on the weaker teams, but the fan support of most teams is sad.I know our kids notice. I hope there will always be room for games such as this. I don't want a classification to get in the way of what I consider to be the best games on our schedule. Thats the rub. You have to play the region games and really must focus on winning those games. So these are for fun.(All games are fun, but bragging rights come with these)

Dandy82.....I promise you Greenbrier will bring enough fans to fill up YOUR side of the bleachers. Greenbrier had the largest crowd ever friday night against Springfield. Both sides of the bleachers were packed full and the fence was stacked about 5 people deep all the way around the field. I saw fans standing on automobiles, just to try and see the game. It was really a great atmosphere and I expect it to be no different for the White House game.

I agree with you on making sure we keep these county rival games on the schedule every year, no matter the classification. Greenbrier and White House were in the same district for many years. Those years are what built up such a good rival between these two schools.

I was told today the last time Greenbrier beat White House was in 1982.....20 years. The 1994 game went into 8 overtimes, with White House winning.

Good luck this friday with Wilson Central.

:):D

Coachhard....I know Greenbrier will bring the fans. Hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I remember how many fans were at Greenbrier last year. Maybe Springfields players were shellshocked by the crowd. Sounds like their fans had no place to sit. I know it is an advantage when we play the other 4A teams. Teams need that 12th man!

I'm still withholding prediction until I see how we play against Wilson Central. We need to show marked improvement. It is also first home game. If there are any Bobcat fans out there, are you spending both weeks on Blue Devils or devoting some time to region games. Look forward to seeing some "green" in White House friday nite.

let me tell ya this....

sure... it has been 20 yrs since a defeat but this year we are ready were bringing it better than ever. This Greenbrier team is the best ive seen in years. The 8 ot game in 94? its old news ... yes it was a great game but this one will sure surprise everyone. The defense can hold anything that comes after them. Last week was a prime example.... sure Myron Babb got a few yards but after the third the d had shut him down for good. There is depth at all points of the ball, we are ready white house, and remember BDP means nothing to a Bobcat

Lets Go Green!

Dandy82.....Some of us will be attending the White House/Wilson Central game and some us will go watch the Page/Sycamore game. We have Page at home the following week and they are a much improved team in our region. We beat Page last year in OT with a field goal, so I'm sure they are looking for some revenge. Page has a lot of talent and we are expecting a tough game with them.

We may leave our GREEN at home. We don't want to ruffle any Blue Devil feathers before next friday. :D