Boyd Buc @ Red Bank

reaction

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Red Bank is No CCS thats for sure...This game should be a good matchup...I think it depends on Boyds QB play..I do not know much about him but I would say he is not as good right now as nick was last year for them.

Throwing def not, but scrambing and running, def. a whole lot more mobile and faster than Nic.

Red Bank is definitely no CCS. We're very deep in running depth and we return almost every person on last year's offense in general. Newest (and biggest) addition is RB Keon Williams, 6'1" 215, 4.5 40 yard dash, and our tailback depth goes four deep: Williams, Keith Mayes (6'0" 200), Tim Dews (5'10" 190), and Shamell Brummitt (6'0" 200). QB Andy Christopher (6'1" 190) is back with a year's experience under his belt, and his three main targets (seniors Shawn McClesky and Josh Robinson and junior Kelvin Clay) are also back with the same experience. Our defense, last year led by Miguel Sanchez, Geoff Kelley, and B.J. Jones, is now replaced by a core of seniors: Williams, DL Malcolm Goines (6'2" 240), DL Kevin Fortson (6'3" 220), Anthony Rogers (6'0" 200), Julian Reed (6'1" 195), and Jeremy Jackson (5'10" 180). Offensive line are led by OL Will Troxler (6'1" 230), C Greg Evans (5'10" 190), and Mikie Burnette (5'10" 210).

With Williams with Red Bank now, our running game has drastically improved. If Boyd's defense doesn't stop Williams or any of the other 3 tailbacks well enough, the game may be a blowout early, somewhat like what Boyd did to CCS last night. I'm not saying they aren't going to; it's just a likely result if they don't. But more than likely Boyd's defense will have some stops of our running backs and we will punt or attempt a field goal. From what I hear, Boyd's defense is based on defense--big, strong, defense. Well, Red Bank has much of the same, if not more or less. If Boyd's offense gets going early, that may set the tone for Red Bank to step up, Boyd to get fired up easily, or both.

I think Red Bank will have this game, though it won't be easy, that's for sure. Red Bank will probably get a few running touchdowns and a few field goals, as well as a few stops and maybe an INT or two. But maybe not, to all of those.

I think Boyd will get a TD or two from Ben Beasley, and then maybe a pass TD or two. But Boyd should be aware that if our defense gets going, it may be difficult to pass the ball effectively because Jeremy Jackson and Anthony Rogers especially have had a knack for picking off passes in all the preseason scrimmages. Both teams may have a fumble or two.

Also, Boyd beat Red Bank in the passing scrimmage at Hixson in late July, after Red Bank had beaten three teams in a row by a sizeable margin in each game. But then, in the full scrimmage at BBS, Red Bank took advantage of its running and beat Boyd easily, under moderated rules, if I remember correctly.

I think this game depends much on Boyd being able to stop Red Bank's running game and Red Bank's defense finding answers to Boyd's O.

Here are my predictions, with changing conditions:

1. If Red Bank's running game gets going early and Boyd can't find a good answer, as well as Red Bank's defense plays exceptionally well:

Red Bank 42, Boyd-Buc 10

2. Same as #1, but Red Bank's defense playing not as well and Boyd's defense finding an answer:

Red Bank 28, Boyd-Buc 17 (seems most likely to me)

3. Boyd's defense usually (i.e. 70-80% of the time) finding an answer, with a few big breakthroughs, and Red Bank's defense playing average:

Red Bank 24, Boyd-Buc 17

4. Boyd's defense consistently (i.e. 80-99%) stopping Red Bank's running game, and Red Bank's defense being average to poor:

Boyd-Buc 28, Red Bank 20

5. Boyd's defense making big plays, and Red Bank playing horrible both ways:

Boyd-Buc 38, Red Bank 10

Also, Boyd beat Red Bank in the passing scrimmage at Hixson in late July, after Red Bank had beaten three teams in a row by a sizeable margin in each game. But then, in the full scrimmage at BBS, Red Bank took advantage of its running and beat Boyd easily, under moderated rules, if I remember correctly.

Boyd and Red Bank never played a full scrimmage. They did play another 7 on 7 at BBS. I think this could go either way. Red Bank has not played a game yet, and although Boyd played a much lesser team in CCS, I think those first game jitters are out of the way. The winner will be which ever team's defense play up to the challenge.

Boyd and Red Bank never played a full scrimmage. They did play another 7 on 7 at BBS. I think this could go either way. Red Bank has not played a game yet, and although Boyd played a much lesser team in CCS, I think those first game jitters are out of the way. The winner will be which ever team's defense play up to the challenge.

This game definitely wont be a blowout by redbank. Boyd beat them last year, so they will probably do the same this year. Only difference being that the lions have williams at tailback now. As for Boyds QB, I thought Crowe was better than Hughes last year. He gave us fits in the game at Marion, definitely didn't throw it well last year, but he has a year under his belt and is probably fine now. Good luck Bucs, take it to the Lions. :thumb:

Boyds defense will be the key! If they can hold Red Bank to under 100 yards rushing and under 14 points they will win. I expect Boyds defense to take advantage of the "HYPE" of Williams and expect them to come out fired up and shut him down. Preparation will be the key to Boyd's success and only time will tell. My prediction will come later this week. Reaction, what are your thoughts?