Millington and Olive Branch

trojanarmy

This should be a good game, but I feel OB will wear Millington down. Millington needs to have something good happen early or they may hang their heads after last week. If Millington's coach reads these boards, he may let the arm chair QB's talk him into trying to run an O that his team can not adapt to. I would love to be at this game but want be able to. Will the game be on the radio?

Tigertime, dont look like the "O" worked last week, so you adapt and improve or you search yourself. I hope there was a lot of improvement in the practices this week. I hope we win. I hope our guys play their hearts out. I hope the coaches made the necessary changes...this arm chair QB has been around this program a good while and also played at the college level....sometimes, just sometimes there may be some wisdom in what is said

I wasn't singling anyone out, I'm just saying that if Millington ran a wide open spread O tonight they would get killed. They need to stick to what the do best, run the ball. If you want to install a new O it should have been done back in the spring, and you better have the athletes to pull it off or it will look like a fire drill gone bad.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that Coach is not going to install a new O now. He just needs to be able to make adjustments and listen to what he is being told from the pressbox. The Trojans had a good week of practice. It looks like we will be shy a few injured players who are all contributors.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

If Millington is having problems running the ball just like last week...what do you think they should do? Keep running the ball ? I would think to make some changes and try new sets. What will it hurt cause if they arent making any progress by doing what they know whats the point of keep doing it.

Sure you have to make some adjustments, but it could be as simple as changing the blocking assignments. Maybe you need to pull a guard and kickout block, or double team someone to open the hole. These are easier adjustments than trying to develope a new O. Run some screen passes or short slants, things a QB can do without having to learn a new skem.

The biggest thing I'm saying is, I would not change anything because of a beatdown by MUS, you guys were the only ones in the state that thought you had a chance to beat them. I still think you can run your way to a Region Title, but if you panic and change everything you may end up below 500 this year. Hey I'm pulling for ya!

A lot of Chatter between Millington fans and obeservers but does any OB fans have anything to say about your team? I have seen a couple films and they are obiviously HUGE and talented but look alittle unsure of if they want to run or pass with the 2 QB system. I think the Millington Defense will show a little pride this week with a better effort and i hope the Offense can get some confidence early and not let this one get out of hand. The last season Millington had a negative turnover ratio they were (1-9) and right now they are in negative numbers so we know they have to create some turnover and hang on tp the ball if they are going to be in this one.

....details on the game, anyone?

well... It was ugly but we did in my opinion play better. The 2 QB's and running back (#2) for OB killed us. OB is some big kids.. Looked like a small college out there. It seemed we did pass more but i still think the bootlegg is the best and more successful pass play we can run. When its 3rd and 11 we cant run the ball against a team like OB we should run a short pass and close to the end of the game we were at the goal line and i believe we ran 2 pass plays before we ran the ball up the middle for the 2nd score against there 2nd string didnt make since either but who knows. I would like to see the OB vs MUS game.. I really dont know who will win this. I kinda think MUS will have a hard game.

well... It was ugly but we did in my opinion play better. The 2 QB's and running back (#2) for OB killed us. OB is some big kids.. Looked like a small college out there. It seemed we did pass more but i still think the bootlegg is the best and more successful pass play we can run. When its 3rd and 11 we cant run the ball against a team like OB we should run a short pass and close to the end of the game we were at the goal line and i believe we ran 2 pass plays before we ran the ball up the middle for the 2nd score against there 2nd string didnt make since either but who knows. I would like to see the OB vs MUS game.. I really dont know who will win this. I kinda think MUS will have a hard game.

Thanks for the info, Millingtonfan2007.

-----------------------------------------

The MUS - OB game should be a good one, but my pick is MUS by 9 points or more....seriously.

I saw OB vs East.....

The MUS - OB game should be a good one, but my pick is MUS by 9 points or more....seriously.

I saw OB vs East.....

Looking forward to seeing how MUS stacks up with South Panola as well...MUS has ability to hang tough, IMO. South Panola certainly has faced talented teams over the years, but MUS presents a whole new challenge in terms of coaching and discipline.

OLIVE BRANCH 41, MILLINGTON 13

Olive Branch / 10 / 10 / 14 / 7 / -- / 41 /

Millington / 0 / 0 / 6 / 7 / -- / 13 /

O -- Keyshun Shipp 61 run (Taylor Earhart kick)

O -- Taylor Earhart 33 FG

O -- Todd Mays 48 run (Taylor Earhart kick)

O -- Taylor Earhart 46 FG

O -- Bryan Steele 56 run (Taylor Earhart kick)

M -- Mario Harwell 4 run (kick failed)

O -- Keyshun Shipp 69 run (Taylor Earhart kick)

O -- Lermedeyo Williams 8 run (Taylor Earhart kick)

M -- Roland Genesey 1 run (Joseph Baxter kick)

/ O / M /

First downs / 12 / 8 /

Net yards rushing / 277 / 55 /

Net yards passing / 132 / 54 /

I forgot to say...The QB's for OB both can throw and run.. They both ran for a TD from mid field without being touched.. Maybe more than once i forget. Number 2 (Running Back) also is a beast he is thick and can run. We just couldnt tackle those guys...

The Olive Branch running back that you speak of, #2 .....his name is Keyshun Shipp, 5' 11", 215 lbs!

He was good last year. He's an absolute STUD this year! He's probably the most UNDERRATED RB in the whole State of Mississippi!

I saw him vs East....Here is a copy of my comments about him, after that game, posted on a Mississippi HS forum. It was my follow-up response to an Olive Branch fan's post:

-------------------------------------------------

"As for your RB, Shipp.... That kid is one serious 'baller! His skill level and running style eerily reminds me of (former Univ of Mphs RB) DeAngelo Williams of the South Carolina Panthers. He's very quick, fast, strong, has a low center of gravity and has excellent hands. He is a bona fide Division 1 prospect, from what I observed!!

Simply stated, Ship is a lethal weapon on the football field! He's a threat to take it to the house every single time he touches the ball.....If I were the coach, Shipp would touch the ball at least 60 to 75% of time. Anything less, IMO, amounts to negligent football tactics."