Mt Pleasant VS Spring Hill

wholder

why dont all you mt. pleasant fans go back and look up some of the scores from your past few seasons....have yall not run up the score a few times? yes...and NOW your complaining about it? wow.

I'm not a MP fan. Just someone who lives in Maury County who wanted to see a good ballgame. If MP did that to other schools they were wrong too. Unless you were at the games how do you know they ran up the score? Maybe they just beat people really bad early in the game. I don't know. I wasn't at every game. But the ones that I saw they usually won early.

I played for Columbia Academy, they ran the score up on us a few times(which i really dont have a problem with, if we cant stop em its our fault) and watched a lot of film watching them do it. But i just thought it was a bit ironic how someone would comment on someone running up the score on them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for Columbia Academy, they ran the score up on us a few times(which i really dont have a problem with, if we cant stop em its our fault) and watched a lot of film watching them do it. But i just thought it was a bit ironic how someone would comment on someone running up the score on them.

Apparently you saw more games than I have then. So MP shouldn't have done it. Neither should SH. Have a great day!

I am in a peculiar situation. I graduated school from SHHS in 89. But I have become a Mt. Pleasant Tiger fan. Started following them in 04 after they had gone 0-10 in 02 and then 8-2 (8-3 counting the playoff loss) in 03. What needs to be defined clearly is just exactly what is "running up the score?"

I certainly don't believe that SHHS ran up the score last night at all. The only gripe I had was the clock not working during the last 1:44 of the first half, the 5 minute wait for the officials to determine that they were still capable in this technological age of keeping time on the field, the clock suddenly working again during the halftime festivities, and then not working again as soon as the 3rd quarter started. Some accused the Tigers from the previous years of running up the score because of the vast points spread in their victories from 04-07. But during the 0-10 season, there was nothing like Region six teams sticking it to the Tigers. Once it came back around, suddenly there was the cry of "running up the score." Mind you, 71-0 over Zion does seem a bit steep in the first game of the 04 season, the subs were actually playing before the second quarter ended. A few years later, after Marco Dailey had run for four touchdowns in the first quarter, the subs came in to start the second quarter. I mean, are the subs on the team that is leading expected to purposely fumble the ball or throw interceptions just to keep from scoring and hurting feelings?

I do believe that the clock stoppage changed the momentum in SHHS's favor last night, but even that cannot account for Mt. Pleasant being unable to rebound after the half with the ball to begin the quarter. Sometimes bad deals occur in a ball game and sometimes players who have been on the receiving end of a bad deal bounce back and make lemonade out of lemons. Tigers didn't do that last night and the loss is on their shoulders. Time to prepare for Collinwood.

BTW, I personally do not believe 38-13 is a case of running up the score. That seems to be a popular score in high school, college, and the pros any given game day/night. However, a high school game in Memphis back in 1995 saw two cross-town rivals play one another with the victor taking home a 97-7 win. That seems like a case of running up the score much more than 38-13.

I am in a peculiar situation. I graduated school from SHHS in 89. But I have become a Mt. Pleasant Tiger fan. Started following them in 04 after they had gone 0-10 in 02 and then 8-2 (8-3 counting the playoff loss) in 03. What needs to be defined clearly is just exactly what is "running up the score?"

I certainly don't believe that SHHS ran up the score last night at all. The only gripe I had was the clock not working during the last 1:44 of the first half, the 5 minute wait for the officials to determine that they were still capable in this technological age of keeping time on the field, the clock suddenly working again during the halftime festivities, and then not working again as soon as the 3rd quarter started. Some accused the Tigers from the previous years of running up the score because of the vast points spread in their victories from 04-07. But during the 0-10 season, there was nothing like Region six teams sticking it to the Tigers. Once it came back around, suddenly there was the cry of "running up the score." Mind you, 71-0 over Zion does seem a bit steep in the first game of the 04 season, the subs were actually playing before the second quarter ended. A few years later, after Marco Dailey had run for four touchdowns in the first quarter, the subs came in to start the second quarter. I mean, are the subs on the team that is leading expected to purposely fumble the ball or throw interceptions just to keep from scoring and hurting feelings?

I do believe that the clock stoppage changed the momentum in SHHS's favor last night, but even that cannot account for Mt. Pleasant being unable to rebound after the half with the ball to begin the quarter. Sometimes bad deals occur in a ball game and sometimes players who have been on the receiving end of a bad deal bounce back and make lemonade out of lemons. Tigers didn't do that last night and the loss is on their shoulders. Time to prepare for Collinwood.

BTW, I personally do not believe 38-13 is a case of running up the score. That seems to be a popular score in high school, college, and the pros any given game day/night. However, a high school game in Memphis back in 1995 saw two cross-town rivals play one another with the victor taking home a 97-7 win. That seems like a case of running up the score much more than 38-13.

Good Post Sideout.

It was 32-7 when SH starting subbing. IMO that's not running up the score, although I guess some do.

SH was not running a "No Huddle" offense as was mentioned on a earlier post.

They sent a player in with the play, called the play in a huddle, broke the huddle and came to the line.....all that before the refs could get the whistle to start the play. That is not a "No Huddle" offense.

This happened all night long on both sides.

I agree about the play clock. Frustrating for all concerned. There appeared to a be problem with the switch the onfield time (ref) uses. The reason it worked at half time is because it was set a 20 minutes by the scoreboard operator and just left to run.

I've always thought the ref assigned to keeping time could probably do a better job of keeping from the press box vs on the field. But the TSSAA says it's got to be done on the field. So these refs have a long 100+ foot chord to drag around through the players and coaches with a little switch to click start/stop.

I thought MP played hard all night and should be proud of there effort. MP is only 2a because of the stupid new play off system. It was basically a 1a team vs 4a team ( if sizes didn't matter they wouldn't have them) and the 4a team returned about 20 starters from last year, thats a big advantage. SH did what they had to do and MP did the very best they could,just not as big and strong.I think SH will surprise some people this year. I hope the injuries are not to bad for MP. Good luck next week to both teams,

I thought MP played hard all night and should be proud of there effort. MP is only 2a because of the stupid new play off system. It was basically a 1a team vs 4a team ( if sizes didn't matter they wouldn't have them) and the 4a team returned about 20 starters from last year, thats a big advantage. SH did what they had to do and MP did the very best they could,just not as big and strong.I think SH will surprise some people this year. I hope the injuries are not to bad for MP. Good luck next week to both teams,

thats a terrible excuse...Alcoa, a 2a team, wooped up on a previously national ranked maryville team.