McMinn County VS McCallie

cherokeefan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all they need to learn how to play field position and quit going on 4th down on their side of the field. Three times they failed in the Central game (great job chargers). The defense was on the short side of the field all night. they need to pay more attention to special teams this week for certain. Except for penalities the defense played well, just guessing but Central couldnt have had much over 100 to 150 yds in offense. The goal line D was fun to watch!

what does mcminn need to do this week to beat mccallie???

1. Keep Cy Ables healthy !

2. McCallie will match up personel. Better find a way to get the ball vertically down the field.

3. Get McDermott the football.

4. Secondary is suspect.....Needs to Improve!

5. If you lose the field position battle like you did against Central, McCallie will win.

6. OL has to keep playing good.

Good Luck to the Tribe!

the line needs to control on both sides. By what i have heard mccallie had around 350 yards there last game. If the d line can plug up the holes and stay strong it will slow down the running game and allow the linebackers to do their work. the oline needs to step up period. ables had to run for his life the whole game thats the only thing he could do, never had enough time to throw the ball. The last thing i will say is they need to change the offense. They do not have the right personnel to run the spread

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OUT ON COACH T,SO I DID A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING THIS COMMENT. ALSO FIRST MCMINN CO GAME AS WELL ,WAS SCOUTING GAME ,BOTH TEAMS ACTUALLY SO DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.....

APPARENTLY MCMINN CO HAS SOME PRETTY GOOD ATHLETES ACROSS THE BOARD,IN FACT D1 and D1AA, THIS INFO COMES FROM COACHES ON THESE LEVELS WATCHING THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS, (TEVIN M,CY A,CONNOR V,TRAVIS S, JUSTIN A,BRANDON J,just to name a few and not to mention some really good up coming JRS....) like i said Mcminn has some pretty good athletes.....

First off, Mcminn Co. Defense you guys did a phemnomal job against Mcminn Central given the field position you where placed in 90per of the night with there backs against the wall, but no excuses they over came that defensively, and had a big time goal line stance to boot!

Onto the Offense, Personal wise they absolutely have a spread team, they can run the ball when need to ,but without a doubt a spread team simply because of the athletes they have at specialty positions . From QB,to WR and RB when T.Mc is in backfield, but actually from what I seen the Oline was pretty good they gave QB sufficent time to throw ball when needed (which was only about 8 or 9 times ,WR where actually open QB just chose to run,perhaps more than he needed but nonetheless chose to run the ball (chose),considering Mc co. throws on average from last season stats 20 to 30 times a game) they ran the ball way more than I expected ,considering the athletes they have to throw and catch the ball. From what I observed Mc Co has a great vertical threat ,there are not to many db's in the state that can cover T.Mc and T.Sm., some may think they can but thinking and actually doing is and will be a tall order (yeah if you could not tell we are looking at the two, D1 school) but back to my point ,the Oline (of which none we are looking at,but may very well be when i get back with report) did a really good job, just needing to be more consistent throughout game but apparently way better than last years Oline.

So I guess the reason for myself making this reply was to actually tell some of the ArmChair QB's in the area to not to be so quick and negative when your posting comments about someones program (not talking about Mcminn Co or Mcminn Central per say but all teams)especially if you do not know the whole true story of that program, there is plenty of ficiton in the world today let alone some ArmChair QB like AL Bundys of the world speaking nonesense they know nothing about nor did not even play a down except for pee wee or jr high ,because thats exactly what you sound like when making comments about programs when clearly not knowing nothing they are talking about, you sound like kids just talking and not making a bit of sense, your fictional world--I wonder what color is the sky the Al BUNDY's of the world live in............. Thank you for your time , I will be back in the area Scouting ,Hope all the area schools stay healthy and play for each other..... so having said all of this i end with ---------

*****CHILD PLEASE******* to whom ever has made comments about programs across the country ,purely fictional, with no truth or even one minute of acutal research.......

********CHILD PLEASE*******

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OUT ON COACH T,SO I DID A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING THIS COMMENT. ALSO FIRST MCMINN CO GAME AS WELL ,WAS SCOUTING GAME ,BOTH TEAMS ACTUALLY SO DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.....

APPARENTLY MCMINN CO HAS SOME PRETTY GOOD ATHLETES ACROSS THE BOARD,IN FACT D1 and D1AA, THIS INFO COMES FROM COACHES ON THESE LEVELS WATCHING THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS, (TEVIN M,CY A,CONNOR V,TRAVIS S, JUSTIN A,BRANDON J,just to name a few and not to mention some really good up coming JRS....) like i said Mcminn has some pretty good athletes.....

First off, Mcminn Co. Defense you guys did a phemnomal job against Mcminn Central given the field position you where placed in 90per of the night with there backs against the wall, but no excuses they over came that defensively, and had a big time goal line stance to boot!

Onto the Offense, Personal wise they absolutely have a spread team, they can run the ball when need to ,but without a doubt a spread team simply because of the athletes they have at specialty positions . From QB,to WR and RB when T.Mc is in backfield, but actually from what I seen the Oline was pretty good they gave QB sufficent time to throw ball when needed (which was only about 8 or 9 times ,WR where actually open QB just chose to run,perhaps more than he needed but nonetheless chose to run the ball (chose),considering Mc co. throws on average from last season stats 20 to 30 times a game) they ran the ball way more than I expected ,considering the athletes they have to throw and catch the ball. From what I observed Mc Co has a great vertical threat ,there are not to many db's in the state that can cover T.Mc and T.Sm., some may think they can but thinking and actually doing is and will be a tall order (yeah if you could not tell we are looking at the two, D1 school) but back to my point ,the Oline (of which none we are looking at,but may very well be when i get back with report) did a really good job, just needing to be more consistent throughout game but apparently way better than last years Oline.

So I guess the reason for myself making this reply was to actually tell some of the ArmChair QB's in the area to not to be so quick and negative when your posting comments about someones program (not talking about Mcminn Co or Mcminn Central per say but all teams)especially if you do not know the whole true story of that program, there is plenty of ficiton in the world today let alone some ArmChair QB like AL Bundys of the world speaking nonesense they know nothing about nor did not even play a down except for pee wee or jr high ,because thats exactly what you sound like when making comments about programs when clearly not knowing nothing they are talking about, you sound like kids just talking and not making a bit of sense, your fictional world--I wonder what color is the sky the Al BUNDY's of the world live in............. Thank you for your time , I will be back in the area Scouting ,Hope all the area schools stay healthy and play for each other..... so having said all of this i end with ---------

*****CHILD PLEASE******* to whom ever has made comments about programs across the country ,purely fictional, with no truth or even one minute of acutal research.......

********CHILD PLEASE*******

im glad you are acknowledging travis smith as well as tevin mcdermott....tevin is great, but travis has been just as impressive!

Listen here guys as a former player and person close to the program i have no doubt that Mcminn can match up athletically with anyone in the State regardless of classification. The spread is the CORRECT offense for their talents because they lack a feature back for the power I or wing formations and until this year for the previous 4-5yrs offense line size and depth was a HUGE issue. Mcdermott, Smith, Massingale, and Mcbee are gifted recievers and could help out Ables tremendously but for some reasons the coaches just dont seem to want to put these amazing athletes on the field together. The defense looked awfully darn impressive against Central even without starting middle linebacker Harris and corner/reciever Mcbee out for injury and suspension. Coach Bennette has them playing well but its easy to tell that they are inexperienced in the secondary and linebacker positions. Again this solution could be easily fixed if they allowed Mcdermott and Smith to play together at safety but often times Smith is out for some sophmore player who got burned for a touchdown and ran over a couple times. I know Bo hates playing kids both ways but throwing a player in the fire who is not ready could prove costly in the weeks to come. I know from speaking to coaches around Hamilton Co that McCallie is well disciplined and has a very athletic quarterback that loves to run. And i firmly believe they have a great team like the ones I used to scrimmage against back in my playing days. However, I believe that if Mcminn gets the ball into the hands of its playmakers(ables,mcdermott,smith,mcbee,henry) that they will be just fine and remain undefeated at home!!!.... Although is Bo decides to call the same agressive game plan that had the Tribe backed up in their own territory all of last week it will be a LONG day in Athens.