Cowbell Game!!! Giles vs. Lawrence

MikeWinchell

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for Giles to bounce back from the heartbreaking loss against Cookeville in a big way this week. Giles by 4 touchdowns. 42-14 sounds about right!

I'll go with Giles winning this one as well, but not by that much. Lawrenceburg only lost by a TD to Columbia during week 0. They will be a better team than last year due to experience. They were young last year. Also lot of size on this team. My prediction is...Giles wins 27-17 and the Cowbell remains in Pulaski for a fourth year in a row!

Giles should pull this one off...they should have pulled the Cookeville game off. Lawrenceburg always likes to throw the rock, after watching the Cookeville game film they will certianly be pass happy. To me...senior night...field dedication...and alot of hype can be a distraction. Heck its already the cowbell game! Thats always enough to get the juices flowing.

One of GCHS's keys to the game will surely be getting several players past whatever virus they had, the other will be retuning a soft pass defense.

Lawrenceburg has a great team this year and will be ready to play no doubt. Just like Lipscomb's offensive scheme, you will not "stop" Giles running game. You may disrupt it a few plays, but if Giles players focus on their responsibilities, the running game will emerge at the game goes on. The passing game is on track and will only get better as the season rolls along. Six different receivers caught balls last Friday night. So, pick your poison offensively. Defense. Couple of adjustments and they are good to go. I think you will see the coaches and players focus on doing the things they do best Friday night. No gimmicks, just getting after you every play. Hopefully the largest crowd to ever see a Giles County High football game will be on hand. Should not be any distraction at all for this team. They have been there and done that so they are up to the task at hand. 24 to 21 - Giles..... :geek:

Atmosphere goona be great Fri night! Wish I were still playing. Question: Why do we put 2 people deep on punt returns when we dont even make an attemp to catch and run?

That's a really good question. I was wondering the same thing myself. Last week we had two back and they would'nt even get close to the ball except for the one time he caught it around the 10, which is the only time he was supposed to let it roll.

Lawrence County has their best talent since 1993.A win over Pulaski would not be a shock.Giles had better be ready to play and find some answers on defense.GCHS would find it quite devestating to start 0-2 with a much improved Spring Hill squad waiting in the wings,Especially for a team that fancies itself as a state championship contendor.