Rivals Tournament in Memphis-Who will be there ?

CHAMPDDS

Thanks Canes,

My daughter was actually born in Memphis (we move to Chatt when she was 1), and I went to school there as well...We are looking forward to visiting our first home there, etc., and are going to try and hit Huey's when we are there, but I noticed today there are quite a few of them now..we are shooting for the original location for authenticity..

How can we recognize you out on the field ?

D :roflol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Canes,

My daughter was actually born in Memphis (we move to Chatt when she was 1), and I went to school there as well...We are looking forward to visiting our first home there, etc., and are going to try and hit Huey's when we are there, but I noticed today there are quite a few of them now..we are shooting for the original location for authenticity..

How can we recognize you out on the field ?

Look for the guy with the big orange and green U tatooed on his chest.

Canes:

How has the weather been over in Memphis ? Do the fields we will be using drain well, do they often close them ? Packing the rain gear for a wet weekend it looks like...

Canes may be out at the fields, pumping. He can better tell you about all the locations, but the Collierville field does drain very well. However, it has been raining for days and is predicted to rain until Sunday. It won't be the best conditions, but great soccer. Bring all the rain gear you've got and extra umbrellas and sometimes that scares the rain away. Welcome back to Memphis, and your Huey's is still there as are the tooth picks.

P.S. It will be hard to spot Canes Red Halter under his rain coat. He told me I could spot him last year at a game as he would be wearing a pink shirt. It was breast cancer awareness night and everyone, including the Collierville HS team, was wearing pink shirts. You might try trolling for him by wearing a Gator shirt and wait to get ambushed. :thumb:

Rained pretty consistent Wednesday. Not much today. Keep our fingers crossed as these are the storms that rain on one side of the street and not the other. Chatted with a FOC and everything points to a go regardless. The field rarely has any standing water because of its crown, in fact the midline goal to goal should be fine. The perimeter holds more moisture. Then again, in a drought the conditions are similar as we try to keep a lot of water on the field to maintain the grass. All things said, it should be fine as the boosters and alumni put a lot of hours in out there. Houston's complex is very similar to Collierville. A couple of precautions have been taken should we encounter some weather. Also, there are two warmup areas (1) up above the dugouts and another (2) behind the softball field (the larger area of the two).

There is a Huey's close by in Collierville (corner of Houston Levee and Poplar) that, considering the drive (or more specifically the drive back) I would opt for Collierville's Huey's.

H2ODog, sorry. As Coach Mears is a Gator alumni, I have built up a tolerance (not an acceptance) of Gators. See you all on the pitch, the weather could just make it that much more fun. Careful travels on your way over. BTW, I would absolutley take the Collierville Arlington Road exit (#25) off 40 and take the SR205 shortcut.