Senior Point Guards

akababyj

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant speak for others but I can GUARANTEE there arent many better than Heather Butler at GC. She is an all around player in every sense. Always practicing, can shoot, will D you up - down - left and right, very rarely turns ball over, an awesome floor general, great competitor (placed top ten in cross country last year in state), etc.

Best in East Tennessee

1. Taylor Mills-pure pt guard, great vision in transition, good floor leader,

can score and has excellent 3pt touch, inteligent player, uses her

body well, great forward lean in transition,

2. Haley Helson-great handles, very skilled, lots of talent, strong with the ball,

has the ability to go by a defender, not afraid to take you off

the bounce, great forward lean in transition, nice passer

3. Rachel Dye-skilled player, good floor leader, competitor, winner, can score and

has nice shooting touch

4.Megan Fanney-knows her roll, doesn't make many mistakes, strong to the right,

good defender, can penitrate

I agree in no certain order these are the best in East Tn and the State.

Best in the state, that is a big statement for one area.

I hate to say it, but Heather Butler is in the top 3 point guards in the state. She's no way at #6. That might be just the fact that you saw her very little last year besides the state tournaments. Heather Butler owned Rachelle Dye in the state tournaments. Dye had 11 points compared to Butlers 32 in the game in the state tournaments. Guess who guarded Dye in that game? Heather Butler. Dye had 8 turnovers in that game as well compared to Butler's 2 turnovers. Rachelle Dye was 3-11 from the floor in the game compared to Butlers 13-25 shooting. By these stats, when those 2 played each other, Butler looks like the better player.

I know what kind of player Rachelle is. She's good, don't get me wrong, very good. I just feel Butler is the better PG and have strong evidence to back it up. I saw Rechelle all through the state tournaments this last year as I was there watching Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. She is a very good player. What kind of offers is she holding?

Lauren Avant is the best in the state, no doubt. Headed to UT! Good Luck to her!

I know what kind of player Rachelle is. She's good, don't get me wrong, very good. I just feel Butler is the better PG and have strong evidence to back it up. I saw Rechelle all through the state tournaments this last year as I was there watching Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. She is a very good player. What kind of offers is she holding?

Lauren Avant is the best in the state, no doubt. Headed to UT! Good Luck to her!

I would have to agree.....Rachelle is very good but not close to Butler nor Mills for that matter.

With the exception of Avant were not Butler and Mills both ALL STATE last year?