Milan vs. Huntington

thedawg44

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way! Huntingdon is not JCS. They beat Westview in their 1st game. Milan has been reading their press clippings too much and they are likely going to have to lose a game before their players really wake up and play with a sense of urgency. Coming back and winning that game last week was good but a loss would have probably done them better in the sense that it would have really got their players attention.

JCS is as good as huntingdon if not better. Milan will shut down holder. He'll be lucky to get 100 yards. Tell me how Hun plan on stoping Gilbert!!!? Not going to happend! It may not be as close as i predicted. If Holder can't run it'll be a blow out

niether team will SHUT DOWN either back. they are both to good to be shutdown. we have more backs besides holder. see u boys friday night.

This will be a good match up no doubt. But i have a couple questions to ask both teams. Do anyone think with Willliamson and Gilbert going both ways that will have an affect on either player? I know Morris will have them in great shape and as will the Huntingdon staff will have the Mustangs. Gilbert will have a tremendous number of carries in this game. I look for it to be a hard hitting game will they be able to take the pounding going both ways. The same will apply to Holder if he plays both ways will he be able to take the punishment all night? I was just curious give me your thoughts in Mustang and Bulldog country. I wish both teams good luck and for a injury free game! I will be there if my Grankids will allow it i have seven and they kept old Grandad hopping! Once again good luck to both teams i am looking forward to seeing this one!! :roflol:

This game will be decided by the line of scrimmage. Huntingdon must win the battle up front to get the win. I just don't think they can do it all night long. You know the Stangs will be very physical. Milan should be able to run but I am sure they will throw in some passing to keep the DB's & LB's deeper.

Milan by 17

You may be right but 17 points is big margin to win by. I don't see that happening i believe it will be closer than that! These are high school kids and anything can happen! Good luck to both teams!! dry.gif

This is not your ordinary game...this is Milan vs. Huntingdon!

What either team did last week is irrelevant.....whatever they may do in next weeks game is even more irrelevant. These boys will play harder than in any other game all season, end of discussion.

I expect Huntingdon to score first....keep the lead the first half.....but by the middle of the 3rd quarter, they're gonna start getting tired and worn down and Milan will outscore them in the 2nd half, mainly speaking the 4th quarter.

I'll be working (as always) but I'll be listening!

GO DAWGS!!!!!

This will be a good match up no doubt. But i have a couple questions to ask both teams. Do anyone think with Willliamson and Gilbert going both ways that will have an affect on either player? I know Morris will have them in great shape and as will the Huntingdon staff will have the Mustangs. Gilbert will have a tremendous number of carries in this game. I look for it to be a hard hitting game will they be able to take the pounding going both ways. The same will apply to Holder if he plays both ways will he be able to take the punishment all night? I was just curious give me your thoughts in Mustang and Bulldog country. I wish both teams good luck and for a injury free game! I will be there if my Grankids will allow it i have seven and they kept old Grandad hopping! Once again good luck to both teams i am looking forward to seeing this one!! :lol:

Yeah, they will be able to take it. They have done it for 3-4 years. Coach Morris will get them some breaks here and there, but some people just have to play both ways. It did not seem to bother them last year.

It's that time again. Mustangs and Bulldogs. Here in Huntingdon we know how good the Milan team is this year. Morris has them bigger,stronger and faster, if they weren't that way already.. :lol: As some other posters on here have said there is alot of respect Huntingdon has for Milan. Probably the best fans we face each year.

Now for the game. Hopefully Huntingdon can keep it close. They were able to do that for a quarter and half into the 2nd but then the wheels fell completely off last year. I am surprised how many sophs start for the Mustang. Good looking talent for the future. By my recollection we only have 3 players going both ways and Holder only goes on offense. He was able to pull away in the 4th quarter on the game clinching td pass against Westview after running for 250+ yds.

Milan will key on Holder but Thompson is fast. Milan will put 9 men in the box.. Swenson knows this and expects it. Beating Westview doesn't make a season but it gave the team a lot of confidence. Being down 2 tds in the 3rd, last years team would have folded. Just because Huntingdon threw 4 passes last week don't think Bam Melton can't throw.

We're relatively injury free except Chip Williams who will be out for 3 more weeks probably. Word here is The Dawgs are somewhat banged up but with 26 Seniors you'll still have plenty of talent to put on the field.

Look for my "Pigskin Pal", Tiny to make a grand appearance... :wacko:

We have our Roman Candles ready. Just hope we get to set them off... :wacko: