WHITEHAVEN vs. FAIRLEY

lasal2000

This is in response to BlackHavenSenator's remark about Fairley running back Marcus Holliday being a Whitehaven reject. Marcus transferred from Whitehaven not because he couldn't play there, but because Fairley is MYschool and that's where my heart lies. Whitehaven has a very good football team BUT so does Fairley. Marcus was 2nd on the depth chart behind Tony Jefferson in the spring and rightfully so because Tony Jefferson is a very good running back.

I look forward to a very good and competitive football game Friday night. Both schools respect each other and it's a very healthy neighborhood rivalry. I myself played for Fairley in the 90's and I always loved going against Whitehaven. Not because I hated them but because they were a good team and alot of my friends from OUR 'hood of the Whitehaven community played there. Be easy on the name calling my man and just enjoy some great athletes from OUR 'hood of Whitehaven competing for bragging rights. It'll be nothing but hugs and mutual respect regardless of the outcome. Just like it always has been. I'm proud of my son and I'm proud of my team Fairley High aka South Fairley!! Go Bulldogs!!! Doc Holliday

This is in response to BlackHavenSenator's remark about Fairley running back Marcus Holliday being a Whitehaven reject. Marcus transferred from Whitehaven not because he couldn't play there, but because Fairley is MYschool and that's where my heart lies. Whitehaven has a very good football team BUT so does Fairley. Marcus was 2nd on the depth chart behind Tony Jefferson in the spring and rightfully so because Tony Jefferson is a very good running back.

I look forward to a very good and competitive football game Friday night. Both schools respect each other and it's a very healthy neighborhood rivalry. I myself played for Fairley in the 90's and I always loved going against Whitehaven. Not because I hated them but because they were a good team and alot of my friends from OUR 'hood of the Whitehaven community played there. Be easy on the name calling my man and just enjoy some great athletes from OUR 'hood of Whitehaven competing for bragging rights. It'll be nothing but hugs and mutual respect regardless of the outcome. Just like it always has been. I'm proud of my son and I'm proud of my team Fairley High aka South Fairley!! Go Bulldogs!!! Doc Holliday

Showtime:

That's what I'm talking about right there. This game is played between folks who all grew up together. Myself and some of my close friends decided to attend Whitehaven when we were growing up even though we lived in Fairley's district at the time. I have other close friends that I grew up with who went to Fairley ... all in the neighborhood and on my street. It was a "bragging rights" game then ... It is a "bragging right" game to this day. No matter how hard you try to escape it ... when you are in the neighborhood ... that will be the topic of conversation. You can't even stop to get gas in the neighborhood and not have someone yell out something to you for one thing or another. It just brings us all closer together. I wouldn't change it for anything. When Fairley is not playing Whitehaven ... I'm rooting for the bulldogs to win, everytime. It's just like that ... it's a community thing. Man ... I'm the youngest of four brothers and all of my older brothers attended Fairley back in the day. I feel it first hand.

Anyway ... some folks get carried away with the banter and whatnot when we should all be celebrating another opportunity so sit down and watch the next generation of folks in that tightnit community experience what we experienced those years back. It's a bond. Whether you are a Fairley Bulldog till the day you die or a mighty Whitehaven Tiger for life ... It's all good.

Speaking of bonds ... I grew up with Martavious Neloms father back in the day, and I ran into Martavious' grandfather at the IHOP located in the Southland mall parking lot. By just talking to him ... you could see how pleased he was that his grandson got a scholarship to play football at the University of Kentucky. He was like ... "You know my grandson is playing football up there in Kentucky don't you?" and I was like ... "Yes sirrrrrr ... that grandson of yours can play some football, I saw him up close and personal giving my Whitehaven Tigers fits last year ... and other folks as well." ... Then he blew me out of the water by asking me ... "You wanna go to some games with me when they play in Lexington?" ... I was like ... "Are you kidding me? ... I'd love to go with you to a SEC football game in Lexington!" It doesn't matter that he is just a freshman and he probably may not get any playing time now. That's not the point. Its moments like that that just make you sit back and smile ... I mean ... what else can you say? ... it's why we love the game ... the commraderie ... the memories ... the people you share it with. Like I said earlier ... we all share a bond.

Anybody making comments about lil Holliday can't be to close to the program. We had very high hopes for Marcus and were going to use him a great deal this year behind Tony but I believe Marcus did what was best for him and I know his father supported him 110%. Lil Holliday is a heck of a football player and will shine at Fairley. Good luck Friday Bulldogs and hope for a good clean football game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are exactly right DannyQ! There is nothing but love between Fairley and Whitehaven. Despite what's said. How can you not root for and hope the best for a group of young black men, future leaders and role models, to do well in any aspect of life? I'm looking forward to a very exciting and spirited football game tonight. Whitehaven has some great players and some great young men. Fairley has some great players and some great young men. Of course Whitehaven people want Whitehaven to win. Of course Fairley people want Fairley to win. We have to learn to put this game in perspective. Its a battle between two schools less than a mile from one another. It's a wonderful thing. I love it and I'm excited about tonight. Let's enjoy the game and enjoy each other's company in the hole at John P. Freeman tonight.

To Mr. Holiday and all the others who decided to make this post a semi-LOVE-fest between US... I'm not having it... I liked lil Holiday and how he ran the ball for us, but he was unwilling to humble himself enough in the school house and on the field to be number 2... That rubs me the wrong way... I personally have no love for Fairley... I will not root for them to do well... I would be just as happy if they won ZERO games every year... I'm on here to talk trash... Mr. Holiday have the ice bath ready for lil Holiday in the morning... I'm not meaning to be hateful, but down with the Bull Frogs

I'm not finished either... the South Fairley folks are the same people who ride by our field while we're practicing and shout out obscenities and other unsportsman like things... I don't have any real friends who went to Fairley outside of the few girls I knew from my Lanier days... Them dudes always think we think we're better than everyone and that we don't respect them, but heck how can u respect a program that is constantly tellin these young football players from Havenview, Lanier, Geter and all the other feeding Middle Schools that, "U won't get a fair chance at Whitehaven"... "You'd start for us"... and all the other JIVE... forget Fairley... I hope the offensive coaches at the Haven go for 50 on Fairley!!! As a matter of fact that's my theme for the DAY... 50 on Fairley!

It's funny you bring that up because I was just talking about the same thing yesterday. John P. Freeman is not a big enough venue for a game of this magnitude. It really should always be played at Whitehaven because of the interest in this game. Me being a Fairley product, I always considered Whitehaven one of my home fields anyway. John. P. Freeman is small and it's down in a hole. We, Fairley, do like being considered the home team but I think if we played at Whitehaven we would still have to line up on the visitor's side even if we were the "home" team. Let's just hope and pray everything goes well tonight with the crowd. We know the fans cause the most problems and distractions, more so than the players. The players may talk but it's just that....talk. Hugs afterwards. Lets be safe and play some good, clean, football.

Mr. Blackhaven sissy, I mean senator!!! You must have been one of those 100 bench riders back in the day at Whitehaven!!! Stop being a hater!!! You were probably on of those guys who lived in Fairley district, but snuck in to Whitehaven because you thought the water taste better while you were riding the pinewood bench or was it aluminum, or did you just prefer to stand? You keep mentioning Holiday. Is he that good? I tell you what, Keep being a fan of Lil Doc, it will be worth it by the time he becomes a senior!!! Woooooo Rick Flair!!!

Mr. Blackhaven sissy, I mean senator!!! You must have been one of those 100 bench riders back in the day at Whitehaven!!! Stop being a hater!!! You were probably on of those guys who lived in Fairley district, but snuck in to Whitehaven because you thought the water taste better while you were riding the pinewood bench or was it aluminum, or did you just prefer to stand? You keep mentioning Holiday. Is he that good? I tell you what, Keep being a fan of Lil Doc, it will be worth it by the time he becomes a senior!!! Woooooo Rick Flair!!!

HA HA HA... Mo2vate, u r a funny guy... Lil Holiday does have talent, Talent that would have been "good" at Da Haven as a Soph, but he's great over at Fairley already... I am the Senator of BlackHaven, meaning I am the most BlackHaven brother U would know, meaning I did not grow up in the 4 Corners... I lived over there off of Mary Jane on Winfield. I played plenty while I was at the Haven, that's why I'm a productive citizen now in my adult life... U just make sure ur ready to cry into yo orange and black towel after Da Haven lays the smack down on the BullFrogs rudy poo candy AZZEZ... LOL

This game will be close in the first half, but discipline, conditioning and depth will prevail as Whitehaven should win, I'll say 34-8...

On another note isn't it funny how one of Fairley's top players was a Whitehaven reject... Marcus Holiday would have been our (I am the BlackHaven Senator so u know who I roll with lol) back up or thrid string varsity Back at best behind Tony Jefferson, but he transfers to Fairley and scores 2 touchdowns and got all kind of carries and catches... I'm happy 4 him but we will be obliterating that boy!

I feel like somewhat of a prophet... The game played out dam near just like I expected... Good job to lil Holiday!!! I still love the way u run!!! I was off by 4 points put I can't be perfect LOL!

Mo2vate where u at BOY... ha ha

Hats off to the Fairley and Whitehave community for a great high school football environment:

Here is my spin on the game. As you know the tigers pulled out a W with a score of 38-6. Here are a few things:

Fairley:

Pretty impressive QB with accurate arm. Showed signs of inconsistancy at times when pressure was applied to him from the WHS defense. With time I think he could be a pretty solid QB later in season.

Fairley can be a solid team, not great, but solid team in time. THier passing game was I would say one step above average with speedy recievers and a strong armed QB.

Whitehaven:

THis WHS team looked like one of best tiger teams in a while. THeir defense is just as stout as last year, however the coaching staff has revived the electric WHItehaven offense of old. I mentioned before the WHS offense now is ran through the freakin shotgun and seems more like a spread offense. There are many weapons that this WHS team has that will cause fits for other teams. However, I was most impressed with WHS offensive and defensive line. THey are very big, strong, and pretty much bullied the Fairley line all night. Overall i beleive this team can do something special and will go far in the postseason if everyone stays healthy. THis is a 4th round team if the coaching staff is up to par by postseason time.

White Station Fans:

We saw that yall let that RB from Ridgeway gain 200-300 yards on the defense. I hope for your sake that the coaching staff corrects that by next week. Because the WHS running back (remember the name Tony Jefferson) is an absolute beast and will be ranked a top RB by season's end, book it! Anyway looking forward to a competitive game with the Spartans on next week.