WHITEHAVEN vs. FAIRLEY

lasal2000

Hats off to the Fairley and Whitehave community for a great high school football environment:

Here is my spin on the game. As you know the tigers pulled out a W with a score of 38-6. Here are a few things:

Fairley:

Pretty impressive QB with accurate arm. Showed signs of inconsistancy at times when pressure was applied to him from the WHS defense. With time I think he could be a pretty solid QB later in season.

Fairley can be a solid team, not great, but solid team in time. THier passing game was I would say one step above average with speedy recievers and a strong armed QB.

Whitehaven:

THis WHS team looked like one of best tiger teams in a while. THeir defense is just as stout as last year, however the coaching staff has revived the electric WHItehaven offense of old. I mentioned before the WHS offense now is ran through the freakin shotgun and seems more like a spread offense. There are many weapons that this WHS team has that will cause fits for other teams. However, I was most impressed with WHS offensive and defensive line. THey are very big, strong, and pretty much bullied the Fairley line all night. Overall i beleive this team can do something special and will go far in the postseason if everyone stays healthy. THis is a 4th round team if the coaching staff is up to par by postseason time.

White Station Fans:

We saw that yall let that RB from Ridgeway gain 200-300 yards on the defense. I hope for your sake that the coaching staff corrects that by next week. Because the WHS running back (remember the name Tony Jefferson) is an absolute beast and will be ranked a top RB by season's end, book it! Anyway looking forward to a competitive game with the Spartans on next week.

As I stated 2 weeks ago, after seeing them in the Jamboree, Fairley is NOT a good team! So, I'm not surprised that Whitehaven slaughtered them. As a matter of fact, that's precisely what I expected.

It is no crime or sin to have a poor football team. This is just not Fairley's (or Melrose's, or Millington's) year.....maybe next year they will be better. Menwhile, they just need to keep their heads up and continue to work hard and improve. This adversity will make them a better, stronger team in the future.

----------------------------

News Flash: White Station is OVERRATED !!!!!!!

I attended the WS - Ridgeway (RW) game.... RW came within 5 yards of defeating WS, in a very exciting game featuring one "average" team (RW) and one "just-above-average" team (WS).

RW has improved over last year, while WS has taken 1-step backward.

The long and short of it is this: WS's offense is not horrible; it's just not very proficient; Their defense is weak.

There is no way on God's green earth that WS is the 2nd-best team in the area! No way, no how!!

------------------------------------------------------

Here's my Mphs area Dandy Dozen:

1) MUS

2) Olive Branch

3) Whitehaven

4) East (yeah, I know they're 0 wins-2 losses!)

5) Mitchell

6) Southaven

7) White Station

8) ECS

9) CBHS

10) Arlington

11) Germantown

12) Collierville

`

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that being said Dog. Why do we play this game at Freeman. The game should always be played at Whitehaven or a stadium large enough to handle the crowd. There maybe safety issues that are being ignored. I hope everything is ok though.

What's up dannyq. Good game plan on Friday night. I didn't get into the game until halftime though. Man ... I tell you what though ... that dog gone Fred Flenorl has a cannon for an arm. It seems like it is just a flick of the wrist and that ball has some zip on it. I love his throwing motion ... no big wind up to throw it deep. He just releases it from a compact position. Very efficient throwing motion. We looked good Friday ... except for our kick off's. They could be deeper. The "D" is stout as usual. Oh yeah ... why is Chaz playin both ways? I know he is fast as a lightning bolt ... but let's save him for the latter part of the season. I mean ... we do dress out about 100 players don't we? Don't answer on here ... but I am wondering.

With that being said Dog. Why do we play this game at Freeman. The game should always be played at Whitehaven or a stadium large enough to handle the crowd. There maybe safety issues that are being ignored. I hope everything is ok though.

What's up dannyq. Good game plan on Friday night. I didn't get into the game until halftime though. Man ... I tell you what though ... that dog gone Fred Flenorl has a cannon for an arm. It seems like it is just a flick of the wrist and that ball has some zip on it. I love his throwing motion ... no big wind up to throw it deep. He just releases it from a compact position. Very efficient throwing motion. We looked good Friday ... except for our kick off's. They could be deeper. The "D" is stout as usual. Oh yeah ... why is Chaz playin both ways? I know he is fast as a lightning bolt ... but let's save him for the latter part of the season. I mean ... we do dress out about 100 players don't we? Don't answer on here ... but I am wondering.

kwc,

I listened to ya'lls game vs Fairley.....I see that Whitehaven actually kicked a FG and made several (if not all) extra-points!

Who is the kicker--is he new?

He sure seems awfully consistent. The emergence of a kicking-game should really help ya'll, come playoff time!

News Flash: White Station is OVERRATED !!!!!!!

I attended the WS - Ridgeway (RW) game.... RW came within 5 yards of defeating WS, in a very exciting game featuring one "average" team (RW) and one "just-above-average" team (WS).

RW has improved over last year, while WS has taken 1-step backward.

The long and short of it is this: WS's offense is not horrible; it's just not very proficient; Their defense is weak.

There is no way on God's green earth that WS is the 2nd-best team in the area! No way, no how!!

Here's my Mphs area Dandy Dozen:

1) MUS

2) Olive Branch

3) Whitehaven

4) East (yeah, I know they're 0 wins-2 losses!)

5) Mitchell

6) Southaven

7) White Station

8) ECS

9) CBHS

10) Arlington

11) Germantown

12) Collierville

TraderB:

Are you out of your mind? Quick ... somebody take the tube of model airplane glue OUT of TraderB's hands! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL .... White Station @ #7? Seriously? Then you place an 0-2 East @ number 4 ... NUMBER 4!!!!!! Really? ... Surely, you have got to be pulling my chain. You may think that White Station is merely above average but I sure don't. They are legitimately a contender. Their two opponents ... Briarcrest and Ridgeway are not just middle of the road teams. They are pretty good. I saw the stats and I saw the yardage WS gave up to Ridgeway. Ridgeway gave up a lot of yards to WS as well. I see where you say that WS's offense is not very proficient but I beg to differ. In Week 0, Athony Hayes, the WS QB ran for 180 yards and he threw for 170 when they beat down a pretty good Briarcrest team. (Julian Bolton w/116 receiving yards) In Week 1 Mr. Hayes threw for 234 yards. (Julian Bolton w/145 receiving yards) In that game WS had a total of 173 rushing yards and 234 passing yards as they ammassed a total of 25 First Downs for the game. That's a grand total of 407 yards of offense w/25 FD's. Well ... if that's not proficient ... I'd hate to see it. When you move the chains 25 times in one game ... well ... I don't know of any other coach who wouldn't like those numbers. Granted ... WS's "D" allowed Ridgeway to gain ... or should I say Mr. Jaylon Wright ... 325 yards rushing. For the night Ridgeway gained 392 rushing yards and 40 passing yards with 15 First Downs. Doesn't seem like either defense could stop the other teams offense to me. My point being ... White Station's offense is moving the sticks and putting points on the board. They have done this against good competition ... not creampuffs. There is no way they drop to 7 in the Dandy Dozen. That's crazy! I'm flattered that you have Whitehaven at number three, but you said it yourself that Fairley isn't any good. So ... by your own admission, Whitehaven has beat 2 lousy teams. (I think Fairley isn't lousy ... that's your claim) So ... why in the world would you move Whitehaven up to number three beating 2 creampuffs (your words) and move White Station down to number 7 when they have beaten 2 avaregae teams? I think you are being way too critical of White Station and over hyping East a little bit. If you are going to drop White Station ... don't drop them so low ... Here is my Dandy Dozen.

1. MUS

2. Olvive Branch

3. White Station (Defense gave up too much yardage on the ground against Ridgeway)

4. Whitehaven (Defense gave up too much yardage against Fairley in the air)

5. Mitchell

6. CBHS

7. ECS

8. Southaven

9. Collierville

10. ARlington

11. Ridgeway (I know they are 0-1, but the barely lost to the #3 team in my Dandy Dozen)

12. Germantown (0-1, they lost a competative game to the #6 team in my Dandy Dozen)

kwc,

I listened to ya'lls game vs Fairley.....I see that Whitehaven actually kicked a FG and made several (if not all) extra-points!

Who is the kicker--is he new?

He sure seems awfully consistent. The emergence of a kicking-game should really help ya'll, come playoff time!

TraderB:

His name is Adam Adeleke. His father was the record holder for NCAA field goals ... in soccer. I know that because I've seen his dad work with some soccer teams at my church. He's pretty consistent at PAT's. I'm not sure about his distance though. It's a weapon we haven't had the luxury of having in our arsenal in a long time. Let's hope his distance gets longer and longer as the season progresses.

Trader I normally agree with you, but moving White Station down to #7 and bumping East up is plain wrong. I think the Spartans may have the best offense after MUS. How is their offense not proficient? KWC just pretty much explained how they are. East defense hasn't been all that impressive and hello...they're 0-2! Whitehaven has beaten a BAD and a Decent team, the Spartans have beaten in my opinion two above average teams! How is that overrated? I also don't think Germantown is a top 12 team in this city. Maybe throw in Craigmont or even Lake Cormonant, but Gtown will see its exit soon. Their pass defense is horrible. Also Rob_M it doesn't look like Arlington is THAT bad like you thought! Lol.

My DD:

MUS

White Station

Olive Branch

White Haven

Mitchell

CBHS

Southaven

ECS

Arlington

East

Briarcrest

Craigmont

TraderB:

Are you out of your mind? Quick ... somebody take the tube of model airplane glue OUT of TraderB's hands! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL .... White Station @ #7? Seriously? Then you place an 0-2 East @ number 4 ... NUMBER 4!!!!!! Really? ... Surely, you have got to be pulling my chain. You may think that White Station is merely above average but I sure don't. They are legitimately a contender. Their two opponents ... Briarcrest and Ridgeway are not just middle of the road teams. They are pretty good. I saw the stats and I saw the yardage WS gave up to Ridgeway. Ridgeway gave up a lot of yards to WS as well. I see where you say that WS's offense is not very proficient but I beg to differ. In Week 0, Athony Hayes, the WS QB ran for 180 yards and he threw for 170 when they beat down a pretty good Briarcrest team. (Julian Bolton w/116 receiving yards) In Week 1 Mr. Hayes threw for 234 yards. (Julian Bolton w/145 receiving yards) In that game WS had a total of 173 rushing yards and 234 passing yards as they ammassed a total of 25 First Downs for the game. That's a grand total of 407 yards of offense w/25 FD's. Well ... if that's not proficient ... I'd hate to see it. When you move the chains 25 times in one game ... well ... I don't know of any other coach who wouldn't like those numbers. Granted ... WS's "D" allowed Ridgeway to gain ... or should I say Mr. Jaylon Wright ... 325 yards rushing. For the night Ridgeway gained 392 rushing yards and 40 passing yards with 15 First Downs. Doesn't seem like either defense could stop the other teams offense to me. My point being ... White Station's offense is moving the sticks and putting points on the board. They have done this against good competition ... not creampuffs. There is no way they drop to 7 in the Dandy Dozen. That's crazy! I'm flattered that you have Whitehaven at number three, but you said it yourself that Fairley isn't any good. So ... by your own admission, Whitehaven has beat 2 lousy teams. (I think Fairley isn't lousy ... that's your claim) So ... why in the world would you move Whitehaven up to number three beating 2 creampuffs (your words) and move White Station down to number 7 when they have beaten 2 avaregae teams? I think you are being way too critical of White Station and over hyping East a little bit. If you are going to drop White Station ... don't drop them so low ... Here is my Dandy Dozen.

1. MUS

2. Olvive Branch

3. White Station (Defense gave up too much yardage on the ground against Ridgeway)

4. Whitehaven (Defense gave up too much yardage against Fairley in the air)

5. Mitchell

6. CBHS

7. ECS

8. Southaven

9. Collierville

10. ARlington

11. Ridgeway (I know they are 0-1, but the barely lost to the #3 team in my Dandy Dozen)

12. Germantown (0-1, they lost a competative game to the #6 team in my Dandy Dozen)

kwc,

I kinda' figured ya'll might think that I've lost my mind, or been smoking some of that funny-smelling stuff----the stuff they smoke in the stands @ Melrose football games!! :bored:

I promise-- I am sane. I'm drug-free and....I KNOW a good football team when I see one:

-----------------------------------------------------

1) White Station's offense might have been proficient vs Briarcrest but, against RW, they were not proficient! In fact, they were sluggish, inefficient and executed very poorly. They did not look very impressive at all.....Their defense is horrible.

-- I'm NOT saying that WS has a poor team; they are just not a top-5 Mphs team.

-- I'm moving W.S down to #7 because, despite their record, they're simply not as good...

-- I know that the CA is not gonna drop WS....of course not.

2) Briarcrest -- I strongly suspect they're not a very good team.

-- Their defense is like swiss-chesse. That's ALWAYS a bad sign.

3) RW has improved over last year, but is still just an average team.

-- They have an OK defense, average running game and below-average passing game.

4) Fairley is not a good team. Period.

-- I said this after seeing them in the Jamboree. I'm still saying it.

-- I know what a good team looks like. Fairley ain't it, not even close.

5) Whitehaven has a very good team, featuring an above-average defense. Defense wins Championships.

-- True, Whitehaven has beaten 1 cream-puff and 1 not-so-good team...

-- Nevertheless, Whitehaven still looks like a good team, to me.

-- I'm very, very confident in my #3 ranking for Whitehaven.

-- Whitehaven's offense is about the only slightly nagging issue in my mind...

-- The offense stuggled vs RW, but got it together and mounted an impressive final drive.

-- They put up big offensive numbers but lesser teams.....but,

-- Has the weapons to actually have an excellent offense and perform well vs better teams.

6) East has a good team, despite what their "0-wins 2-loss" record might suggest!

-- Go examine the strength of the 2 teams that East lost to....and the narrow margin of losses..

-- East is literally only a play or two away from being UNDEFEATED.

-- I've seen East twice...I KNOW that they have a good team. It is not hype!!

-- Whitehaven has a better defense, though.

-- Watch out for East, come playoff time....remember--you heard it here, first!!

At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding:

-- All the teams that I've mentioned will have revealed their true colors (strengths), by year's end.

-- We will then be able to verify the accuracy of our respective assestments. :oops:

Mr. BlackHaven Senator!

First of all I would like to say congratulations to Whitehaven for their win on Friday night BUT to you my man. You're talking about my son not being humble and I know how I raised my son and I know what type of young man he is, I take offense to that. You're name calling a 15 year old boy but you're hiding behind this Blackhaven Senator moniker. I apologize it has taken me so long to respond but I'm just logging back on the site. My man I'm sure you know me and how I look. Come see me brother. You're trash talking my SON and you're an adult. I'll find out who you are and I will introduce myself to you. Thats a PROMISE. I'm not going to go back and forth trash talking on this site because it's pointless. You can say whatever you like as you hide behind this computer monitor and try to down young men. I'm proud of my son. I love my son. He is a very humble and respectful young man. You're trying to put out negative impressions about my son and you're wrong so I'll see you partner. I'll unmask you then we can get to know one another. This post is from Showtime9 but I'm Marcus "Doc" Holliday I. I'll see you soon!!!

Mr. BlackHaven Senator!

First of all I would like to say congratulations to Whitehaven for their win on Friday night BUT to you my man. You're talking about my son not being humble and I know how I raised my son and I know what type of young man he is, I take offense to that. You're name calling a 15 year old boy but you're hiding behind this Blackhaven Senator moniker. I apologize it has taken me so long to respond but I'm just logging back on the site. My man I'm sure you know me and how I look. Come see me brother. You're trash talking my SON and you're an adult. I'll find out who you are and I will introduce myself to you. Thats a PROMISE. I'm not going to go back and forth trash talking on this site because it's pointless. You can say whatever you like as you hide behind this computer monitor and try to down young men. I'm proud of my son. I love my son. He is a very humble and respectful young man. You're trying to put out negative impressions about my son and you're wrong so I'll see you partner. I'll unmask you then we can get to know one another. This post is from Showtime9 but I'm Marcus "Doc" Holliday I. I'll see you soon!!!

This is Chillis (the Whitehaven staff that u know can tell u how I look/who I am)... I'm not hiding... I'm not thrash talkin about lil Holiday... I love him as a player... I wanted him to be at the Haven... I thought he was our most talented 9th grade running back... With that being said WE know there were reasons outside of just football on why you decided to take him out of the Haven... Now what have I said that's not a truth?.. I'm not airing any dirty laundry about yo son or you, I'm simply talking about the type of impression that he made upon me... I do believe he will mature into a fine adult, but he still has some work to do, that's just MY HONEST opinion... If that's "downing" him to you that's my bad and I'm sorry YOU feel that why... The ice bath talk was just (thrash) talk... I feel you're taking some of my comments out of context, however we can get that resolved at a later date since you want to talk with me... Yes, I know how you look and have spoke to you... What type of talk do you want to have with me anyway?