BIG MATCH DATES

mjgIII

What about the Notre Dave vs Father Ryan match this year? I heard back in May 2009 that it would be in Nashville and Pat Simpson wanted for the match to be on Sunday afternoon like it was for over 25 years. The rumors in Middle Tennessee are that the Green Irish may be trying to back out of making the trip to Nashville, is any of this true?

What about the Notre Dave vs Father Ryan match this year? I heard back in May 2009 that it would be in Nashville and Pat Simpson wanted for the match to be on Sunday afternoon like it was for over 25 years. The rumors in Middle Tennessee are that the Green Irish may be trying to back out of making the trip to Nashville, is any of this true?

Did they not have a contract for more than one year ? Regardless that is pretty weak on Notre Dame's part if they agreed to come here if Ryan wrestled in Chattanooga last year then they do not come to Nashville.

Did they not have a contract for more than one year ? Regardless that is pretty weak on Notre Dame's part if they agreed to come here if Ryan wrestled in Chattanooga last year then they do not come to Nashville.

rasslinlite,

The latest information is that Mullins & the Green Irish claim they don't have any open dates. It looks like wrestling is going to be forced to make each team sign contracts with a $2500.00++ buyout. If this match was at Father Ryan and you had 1000 people attend @ $5.00 per person Father Ryan would make $5000.00 not counting the concession revenue. I hope that Father Ryan's budget did not include the revenue from the Notre Dame match!!! Just look at how many teams will say something this season about a schedule but next year they change their mind & for some reason don't remember that conversation. I don't have all of the facts but my educated guess is that Pat Simpson would wrestle Notre Dame outside in the middle of I-24 on top of the mountain with snow coming down.

Hold on now...let's not crucify Notre Dame without all the facts. I can't imagine ND not going to Ryan to wrestle after last year's match there, which was a blast. I would bet money the rumors are unfounded. No program BCB is associated with would do something like that.

Who cares if Notre Dame dumps Ryan this year. Why would anyone want to get their butts handed to themselves by Ryan. :mellow: If I were going to get killed, I would cancel the match also. Sounds like the Notre Dame coach is smarter than most coaches. :thumb:

Ryan takes their lumps every year at places like Collins Hill and Mater Dei, but it usually makes them better. IMO if you commit to wrestle someone, you should follow through. Besides, didn't Ryan graduate about half their starting team?

Who cares if Notre Dame dumps Ryan this year. Why would anyone want to get their butts handed to themselves by Ryan. :roflol: If I were going to get killed, I would cancel the match also. Sounds like the Notre Dame coach is smarter than most coaches. :blink:

I care !! From the obvious, that it is our turn to go to The Purple School, to the real reason, that I only get to see the purple mommies on two occasions and have planned many activities with them for this coming year.

It is true that our schedule is full but we are trying to consolidate 2 matches into 1 so that we can go to Nashville and take our lumps. I agree with getting your butt kicked every now and then, and trust me we will be a whipping boy team for the year.

I along with Cathy Mosleys lucky husband, are again trying to bring together the fish eating match, for if we don't, I have no clue as to what I am going to do with all this Jello and Wesson Oil.

bcb iii :roflol:

Who cares if Notre Dame dumps Ryan this year. Why would anyone want to get their butts handed to themselves by Ryan. :roflol: If I were going to get killed, I would cancel the match also. Sounds like the Notre Dame coach is smarter than most coaches. :blink:

I care !! From the obvious, that it is our turn to go to The Purple School, to the real reason, that I only get to see the purple mommies on two occasions and have planned many activities with them for this coming year.

It is true that our schedule is full but we are trying to consolidate 2 matches into 1 so that we can go to Nashville and take our lumps. I agree with getting your butt kicked every now and then, and trust me we will be a whipping boy team for the year.

I along with Cathy Mosleys lucky husband, are again trying to bring together the fish eating match, for if we don't I have no clue as to what I am going to do with all this Jello and Weason Oil.

bxb iii :roflol:

Call Jabley and see what he would do with jello & weason oil!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they hold this match as previously stated on a Sunday late in Jan, I do not see how there would be any scheduling conflicts.

Certainly, BCB can use his great negotiating power to do everything he can to resolve this match.

I am sure that Moseley has already pulled all the strings he has a hold of to make this work on whatever date is needed.

BCB, you cannot pass up the opportunity to spend an entire evening with all of the purple mommies!