Lewis Co Panthers

ddaddy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the game last week, but hated the comments in the stands. Ex players mocking and making fun of the players on the field. Comments like this wouldn't be a game if "we" were playing. They really "s***". The coaches wish they had us and will be glad when these are gone.

In fairness there were some parents/fans/family defending them. But as an outsider I really hated to hear those comments. I have read about the coaches commments after one scrimmage..."2-8" team this year, after first loss..."worse team we had". This group just doesn't seem to get much respect for the effort. I seen mistakes during the game.......but have seen them in "EVERY GAME" regardless who is playing. These players are playing with not much experience and one of the toughess schedules they have faced in over a decade.

All I can say to the players...........Play the game for yourselfs and if no one wants to get aboard.....so be it, but look at each other and give it all you have, because it seems you are standing alone. To those fans that was defending the players............WAY TO GO! Lewis......I still think you have a chance here, don't let anyone convince you of anything different......including the coaches that don't believe in you.........Believe in each other and play as a "TEAM" and make things happen.........good luck this week, I'll be making calls to see how your doing! Enjoyed last week seeing you in person.

I do not believe that the coaches said that and if one did I do not believe that to be the thoughts of the staff as a whole. I do believe that there are a few overprotective mothers who don't want their boys to be pushed or held accountable and anything that is said is taken out of context. I have seen the coaches in situations where they had the opportunity to throw players under the bus and they did not instead they took the blame themsleves. There are some very good players on this team. Some even better than those that played in the past. Our team has had trouble putting it togeter at times, but I think that will come. Given the disappointments thus far I have been impressed with how the coaches and players alike are handling the adversity. Good Luck the rest of the way out!

Lewis played a good game and hard. If you were concern about it, maybe you should have went and seen it for yourselves. To much happened in the game to explain it all. Was a very good game.....as has been the case this year...Lewis came up short. 19-7. I believe if you go to Wayne vs. Lewis and ask, Wayne could fill you in. Absolutely the worst called game I have seen in many years. Did it make it differance in the game.......I would think so......but Wayne won and congrads to them.....very hard, tough game for both.